Sushi Express

Sushi Express Employee Reviews

Singapore7 reviews

fund workplace, the managers and staff are friendly.

Recommended and comment.The evening shift servicing staff at outlet rate should be paying slightly more than the morning shift.Reason are they need to a lot of washing and cleaning up which are not a easy job which take up a lot time at nights.And if they exceed the time they are not being paid after 11pm, Suggest the management side can look into it.And this will help to attract more staff to join into the sushi group in the evening shift.

Fast paced environment

I loved to work with sushi express . Want to joint again but there is no foreigners quota over there. I request to HR department , if they have any foreigners quota , please let me know. I would like to work again.

Pros

Free dinner, good incentive

Cons

Bussiest restaurant in Singapore, I guess

Still satisfied

Normal, easy and relax. Busy time just busy, free time than free. Cost control a bit different and is below expectations. But good thing is main office always got staff coming to check the sop

Review

The workplace culture at Sushi Express is quite nice. I haven't experienced much negativity and bullying as of yet, but then I've noticed a poster, located in the back, reminding of the things to not do as a staff. Recently started working there and the management as well as other staff seem to be quite nice but then it hasn't been that long for me. A typical day at work involves customer service, lots of it.

Not really pleasant

The manager changes too often. While I was working there, the place had 3 managers with different working styles. Its hard to adapt to each one of their's working style.

Pros

free meal after work

Cons

manager keep changing

Interesting

The job involved all aspects of running a restaurant. I really enjoyed learned to cut sushi by a trained sushi chef. I also enjoyed the senior staff team meetings. It was great to have a forum to talk to other managers about store issues and solve problems.

Great for a part time job

Always have something to do, so it was not boring. Job scope for a typical day at work was simple and a bit repetitive. Didn't learn much but the workplace culture was friendly in general. Hardest part of the job is during closing time. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer have a satisfied meal.

Pros

Free to eat anything left on the sushi belt for 10 mins after closing hours

Cons

Have to rush to catch the last train home

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sushi Express?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sushi Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sushi Express with