Swatch Group

Swatch Group Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager16 reviews

Lots to learn

Can be fun if you engage yourself and take interest. Learn as much as you can about overseas culture and history of the brand. Take special interest in learning and understanding the different models especially within "families."

Unprofessional

It only works if you have connections, they are selective with who they like and train. Upper management only visits when their store has a big visit and expect the stores to be perfect.

Underpay, discrimination, unfair and lack of progression for anyone internal

This company does not value effort of the staff.It is a great school but it will not let you progress further as they always prefer someone externally.The lack of diversity in the company is very serious. They expect you to give your life to the company but paying you less then average. This company in other parts of the world is also well know to be poorly managed.They have no career path as they don't want you to progress.I would triple think before working here.Doesn't matter how much or how hard you work. They never appreciate it.

I loved every minute of my time here, great management and excellent training provided with some fantastic opportunities and experiences within the company.

Pros

Incentives and bonuses

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Good

Good company! It’s hard to lose your job if you are a good employee, also in bad times. Like a swiss company the rhythm of work is fast and hard to.

Very Slow Paced

It's quiet most days and there is not a lot to do. Poor communication between head office and management team. Pretty laid back. Lots to learn. Pretty flexible schedule.

Depressing

The job at first seems as though it a fun upbeat place, ONLY if your on the good side specific induviduals but in reality the job is more trouble than its worth.

Pros

Nothing important

Cons

Started out great with strong decline through the years.

Learning at first was challenging and time-consuming. Very overwhelming at first but with the training, dedication, and love for the product it became easy. Great benefits. Very sales were driven and challenged you to always do more and get better. Lots of numbers to memorize and tons of product and expected training to go through. Borderline harassment to keep giving more and more. Rather put the blame on the workers than find a logical business solution to slow sales of the product consumers are not interested.

Pros

Contests to win. Great benefits for full time. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Unrealistic goals. Excessive need for more energy.

basic retail.

there is not much that can be said about working at swatch. you stand around all day and pressure the little amount of people that come in and out of the store. constant pressure to sell, sell, sell! and the products themselves are horrible quality for a way over priced tag!

Complex

Overall store team were great to work with, Head Office staff are great, Company overall does lack progression and development for staff. you wont be getting anywhere if you don't mix with the right people especially the Swiss HQ

Pros

pay package

Cons

long hours, HQ politics

Sales driven environment

mostly focused on sales and how much money the company makes. little management training given to positions that would need it. company less likely to give raises as they push for commission to be made.

Fun place to work . A bit disappointing with corporate not being able to see the trees from the forest.

The day is driven strictly by foot traffic. I learned how large the company is in the world of watches. Corporate doesn’t understand our market. It’s a fairly laid back culture. Seeing how many opportunities were wasted and/or just not gone after. The team was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Energetic company

it was an amazing experience, from the beginning every staff member and upper management were great. it truly also gave me the experience in management i have now

Pros

liberal

Cons

non

Great opportunity to work with a team of co-workers. Very friendly atmosphere with an exciting environment.

I enjoyed working for Swatch because it was a fun-filling work place. There was always an opportunity to move up in the work force. The motivation was there as long as you had the ambition in achieving your goals each month. The schedule was flexible so if you went to school, the company worked with you.

Pros

Commission, discounts on watches, easily to move up.

It'll give me some pictures spending money during college

Shouldn't me a first choice jobs. Watch has a declining market in this sort of denial of the technology that's out now. It's Sort of reaching a dead end only with a very small niche of aging customers. The pay was unlivable so low in fat but you need multiple roommates and ration food to survive.

Pros

Free watches, discount and luxury items

Cons

Poor pay, too much micromanaging

amazing company

Open/close the store. learned about the watch world . I learned how to display watched and how to style them and group them . My part time co workers where amazing they worked hard for me and made sure we was focus on our weekly goal as a store. We have learned and taught how to work as a team with everyone.

Pros

monthly bounces

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swatch Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Swatch Group with