Swatch Group

Swatch Group Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Retail Assistant Manager20 reviews

Swiss Based Company

I enjoyed working for Swatch. The people and the job was fun. I learned to work better with others. I also made, great friends while make a lot of money.

I do not recommend swatch at all!

I worked for swatched for over 6months. I was a key holder as well as a too seller. Never the less management was unprofessional. Since they get payed salary they would leave early or not show up so work and responsibilities can double up for a key holder. You would expect management to be productive while being in the store but in the contrary it would cause problems. Management would do tons of shaming of employees as well of customer. Reports were made towards corporate never the less actions were never taken. Manager has gone to court for mistreating employees and yet fails to learn from mistakes and continues to do so. We are encouraged to focus mainly on people who look wealthy and can be a potential customer. She also had connection to secret shoppers so we would know when to be extra fake in order to pass our secret shopper test to obtain gift cards. Women like myself are pushed to show "skin" cleavage and focus on men so that we can ensure a close sale. Over all it was a unhealthy place to work as well as uncomfortable.

Pros

Cute watches. Comision

Cons

Environment. Ethics. Management. Not worth your sanity

best job I've had

it was a very enjoyable work environment. the pay was great & the staff was friendly but due to corporate i felt we were overstaffed. 4 individuals working in a very tiny store it was not enough work space & not enough customers to accommodate the staff.

Productive and Fun place to work

A typical day of work brings in many people looking for an accessory to complement their everyday life. One of the best moments is being able to hear about the customers day and sometimes even being able to improve it.

Awesome team

Never worked for retail that had commission, but this company gives a total sense of how to achieve your goal daily and encourage as well. Amazing with shifts hours and totally respect people life style as well.

Immature staff that loves to gossip

I guess gossiping is part of the training at Swatch cause most of what was told to me during my time there had to do with how bad other team members were. Got yelled at for having my phone out in front of a customer who was being helped by someone else, but yet it was ok for others to do it, even the store manager who did so multiple times. And that was just within the first couple days of me working there. This place will make you feel like you’re back in high school or junior high.

Fun place to work at

A typical day at work would be selling to customers that enter the store. Management is very flexible and fun, but at the same time strict.The most enjoyable part of the job is selling tot he customer and persuading to buy a watch.

Pros

free parking

Cons

miami beach area

LOVED working there!

A typical day consisted of us creating daily goals, and waited for a customer to come in. The typical customer at Swatch are the ones who owned them as kids. We learned how to effectively sell to a customer. There was a lot of trainings, which some would dislike but I personally loved it.

Pros

Free watches! Hour lunch break

mismanaged

I worked as a key holder. The culture is catty and everyone has their own little group despite a small team. Managers didn't provide any feedback and lack training.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

bad management

It's not the worst.

Swatch is very easy and relaxed workplace. There is not much that goes on in the retail store. Although there is a re-emergence in an interest for watches, it's not enough to pack stores. Swatch is very reluctant to dive into the new smart age incorporated watches. The product is good. Worst part about the jobs, hands down are the customers. Many are entitled and quick to offend.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Swatch Group?

Better guidance

the reason for my title is because swatch needs better management guidance from corporate. they need to be more involved, aware and understanding.This doesn't include everyone in corporate of course but definitely a majority. they lack leading by example, have a constant negative attitude and little acknowledgement of the employees.

Swatch gave me a lot of financial experience with learning the books. I was able to understand the process of corporate environments, products, and infrastructure.

Pros

poeple

Cons

late hours

not challenging

too much work less pay. customer service wasnt appreciated . have to stay late without being paid overtime. dcvd f d ef ef ve fv

great

as an employee i love it ! the swatch company is really cultured and energetic! over all they really care about their employees

not that great

THis commision based job is cutthrought. the watches are also overprised and the district leaders dont understand how to actually sell anymore

Na

Swatch Group is a grate company to work for the best part of my job is Train new associates on best sales practices to ensure an upward trend on performance and KPI'S

Fun and relaxing

Working at Swatch was fun because, I got to sell watches and I was able to meet people from around the world. It was also relaxing because, I was away from my school and my dorm life for those hours that I had to work and, the only thing I had to really worry about was work itself during that time.

Pros

Meeting people, selling watches, helping out customer's needs

Productiive & Fun

One of the best jobs that I have ever had in my retail career. I have a great management team that are always willing to help me and help me grow in my role as Keyholder. We always have fun and have some of the best customers that come into our store.

Learned a lot and ready to apply

In the year and two months I've worked there it has taught me a lot about retail, managing, and taking initiative on getting goals and tasks done. But even though it has been a great learning experience, Im ready to look for jobs that require more responsibilities and for full time hours.

slow pace environment

-co-workers were lazy-management is terrible-typical day is standing waiting for customers to come in the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swatch Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Swatch Group with