Swatch Group

Swatch Group Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate26 reviews

Productive and fun work place

First, I must make the point that I worked in retail for Swatch. I was the one making and closing potential sales. Retail jobs can be boring. However, I never found that to be the case. The store and company is constantly changing in order to provide such a positive and fun experience not only for the employees but also for the customers. With this being said, I believe that management was not as knowledgeable as they could be in terms of employee management and employee advancement. Like any company, there will always be room for improvement.

Pros

Good wage, commission, breaks, convienent location

Cons

Employee advancement

Fun Workplace

its a good job for a college student, roosevelt field mall gets busy so it is easy to make sales. The managers are nice and you get a good discount for the watches.

I was the best expreience I've ever had in retail

I'm lucky enough to have an mazing team members and managers that always care and listen. Working as a team was always the main goal to archive everything there.

Fun place to work

Great company culture! Great products and discounts! Flexible hours and good for students! Highly recommend this fun company. Good commission structure.

You become family

They make you feel very comfortable, an easy going environment. Meet your goals, Up-sell/ Cross-sell and you'll have an easy time. If you like meeting new people this is a great jo

This review was nice

Swatch was a great company to work at especially as a young foreign student. Everyone there was very warm and friendly. It was a great place to start my professional career

Fun workplace

Typical day was speaking with customers and handling needs. Changing batteries or bands cleaning watch faces was a typical day. Great environment and people great watches

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Lot of standing

Simple tasks & loving customers

Truly enjoyed working for Swatch. Could be boring at times when it was quiet, but our manager always made sure we had other things to do in store whenever we didn't serve customers. Would work there again.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Swatch head office too stale and rigid

Fun workplace depending on the coworkers

Management while I worked there seemed to not really know what they were doing and it showed. There was constant training and retraining which was stressful because the employees know what theyre doing and do not need such constant reminders. The retraining did not help as the information given was already known. Sometimes customers would leave the store if the employees actually went by what the training specified we should act like. Overall not too terrible an experience, the only bad thing was having to basically harass customers and the management was clueless.

Pros

Half off watches (30 watches a year)

Cons

Management was not very good/caring

It is a great welcoming environment. All my coworkers are very friendly, understanding, and above all helpful.

I really enjoy working at Swatch. I've learned the most at Swatch than at any of the other jobs I have had in the past. I have learned how to display excellent customer service as well as opening and closing the store. The management team is great because they are always understanding and helpful whatever it may be. Overall it was amazing to work at Swatch.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, non- demanding hours, great learning environment

awesome if you can sell

I had no problem working at Swatch, the commission isn't the best but if you know how to sell you can make decent money but it's still not enough. it is a healthy work environment.

Pros

commission

Cons

low commission

Swatch is full of fun and money

At swatch you get to work with a team full of excitement. New collections every months, and great pay. Swatch is a place where your coworkers become best friends. Employees definitely work as a team!

fun place to work with good team mates

Just talking to people convincing those to buy our products. meeting people from all different cultures and backgrounds. it is very sales progressive and I learned a lot while working there.

Pros

free watches

Cons

promotional advancement

Fun to work at

The staff was great. Management really work around school schedule and train you well for the job. I learned how to adjust sizes on watches and how to buff and shine the face of a watch as well.

Waste of my time.

You can do better. I worked there for close to 5 years and it didn't amount to anything. While a lot of the people I have worked with turned out to be great the overall job experience was horrible. Year after year management became considerably worse with the pinnacle of horrible management stepping in this last year. The only way you can grow with this company is to sell yourself out. They dangle promotions over peoples heads like carrots. It's terrible. Please keep in mind that I am speaking specifically about the Times Sq. location.

Pros

Worked with great associates

Cons

Pretty much everything else.

Inadequate and unsociable

Swatch Manchester Airport T3: - Unsociable hours at the airport - i.e. 8am - 5pm, then repeat 4am - 1pm shifts - barely 11 hours off between shifts. - Store manager inadequate of the most basic tasks. - Store manager lacks empathy towards staff members. - Store manager create rota around their hobbies/out-of-work activities, so you get left with unsociable hours.

Cons

Management, Location, Company values

Awful

Swatch is an awful company to work for especially the metro town location. The manger does not know what shes doing, she drives old employees out of work. She will call you fat, and make your life miserable. I gave so much to the company and received nothing at all.

Pros

pros-nothing

Cons

everything

Potential to be a fun and productive plae to work, however, the upper management prevents it from being so.

Typical day: SELL SELL SELL! If you look like you're having fun, stop and look busy. There was a disconnect between the District manager and the managers / employees actually working the store, causing a false sense of structure and direction. My co-workers were wonderful people. The hardest part of the job is trying to make ridiculous sales goals under in an environment that breeds failure rather than success.

Cons

inconsistant management

it was an remarkable experience

my co workers where amazing, the job environment was fun, the games the contests and the interaction with guest from all over the world

A very goal-oriented environment

As a sales associate, I am focused on soliciting Swatch productive to customers. Every associate has sales goals to meet so every day is a challenge to meet those goals. In the Upper West Side, it is even a bigger challenge to sell vibrant, colorful, watches to middle aged professionals that make up the residents of that area. The greatest lesson learned from this job, is that I came to realize how comfortable I am with public speaking and pitching product that I know. From the moment I was hired to this very day, I have been motivated to meet these goals, and this drive has allowed me to establish the title of "top seller" continuously in my Swatch career.

Challenging but laid back

Its all about making the monthly goals and beating last years numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swatch Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Swatch Group with