TÜV SÜD

TÜV SÜD Employee Reviews

Singapore14 reviews

Silo-ed workplace

Interned here for 3 months, can see that Singapore leadership is not strong. Big company, but that means most departments work in Silo unless there is sales conversion involved. How good an internship experience you get will depend on your supervisor. Else, the company just do not care about you.

Pros

New office with nice view of sunset, free gym, nice coffee.

Cons

Will only get to learn if you get a good supervisor, else you are just helping them to clear work

Rudderless and Ineffable Leadership

The lack of accountability in the company culminated in a financial scandal that eventually led to the loss of jobs for many employees. This was done by bringing in a change manager to 'turn the numbers around'. The lack of business acumen to do this right led to employees being asked to leave during the pandemic period to cut cost.Not a company I will recommend as the management place profit over people, leading to unethical business processes. Employees suffer while the leaders continue to sweep the scandal under the carpet. This despite many of us serving the company well way before the scandal taken place.

Cons

Bad leadership

Great place

Great Place to learn. have tons of opportunity for trying into different types of engineering fields. Had to learn what is the responsibility of your work done and the value of trust between client and inspectors.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Tough and Unsupportive work environment

Management was unsupportive and only wanted results but was unable & unwilling to provide direction or solution of any sort. Remuneration was one of the lowest among similar sized company.

Pros

Management doesn’t micro-manage

Cons

Management was always not around to manage

Internship at TUV SUD PSB

Good environment for interns to be exposed to worklife culture and preparing for working life. I learned how to be a more disciplined and organised person through officework tasks that were trained to perfection

Fun place to work in

Fresh graduate start-up company. Stepping stone in the working world. Experience working with colleagues and management. Learning is a virtue and learning is a lifelong goals. Chemicals and Materials Product Services.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Nil

Challenges in Innovation Initiatives

Culturally TUV SUD is a very friendly company. Our division was a new initiative started in 2014. As it was a new initiative, penetrating the market was quite challenging. However, TUV SUD is a well established company, market could easily recognize us due to the brand name.

Pros

Company Culture

Cons

Department Management Change due to new initiative

Overall Opinion

Good work life and culture. Opportunity to go overseas, knowledge gain from locally and oversea is good. The only set back is starting salary and increment.

Pros

Good work life balances and relationship with colleagues

Cons

Lower range of Salary

Interesting job and flexible people

I have spent three months in this company as the function of business development

nice people

very nice colleagues good environment nice boss good work life balance

Productive and great workplace

TUV SUD is a great global company to work for. The management is very friendly and involved though it has a strong traditional German culture. The teams I worked in were cultural diverse and geographically distributed. They provide a great environment at work and create a work-life balance.

Intern: Corporate Marketing

Through this internship, I have developed and demonstrated my abilities in design of corporate strategy, market research, and development of best practice tools. My work also involved critical liaisons with marketing agencies and internal stakeholders, social media strategization and channel management, and implementation of best practices for internal communications using intranet.

Summary

Currently managing a cross cultural team across ASEAN to service and cross sell all products, services and support lines of business to clients which span across Electronics, Defense, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Industrial & Automotive industries in Singapore and ASEAN. I have also taken on the role as a strategic advisor to customers to help them achieve excellence within their business enterprise.

Excellent

During my six months internship at TÜV SÜD PSB, I gained a lot of new experiences and was met with great kindness. I was given intensive training and real work exposure. It was an interesting experience for both my colleagues and myself to learn about each other’s culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TÜV SÜD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

TÜV SÜD Reviews by Location

• TÜV SÜD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?