Tan Tock Seng Hospital

Tan Tock Seng Hospital Employee Reviews

Singapore121 reviews

Boring job and no career advancement

Was given a boring and unchallenging task from the office manager such as data entry job and no career advancement. No motivation and incentives for temp staff after completion of the assignment.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

pay low

Very good company

Very good company, kampong spirits, loving and caring culture, peers always guide the juniors along to success and accomplish their departmantal goal

Tan Tock Seng Hospital insights

• Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall nice colleagues

Good working environment.good mentors to guide you.Challenging day to day with patientsGood benefits and welfareCan be stressful during hectic daysGood management

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Longer working hours

Learning experience and supportive management

Have many departments and the scope of every department is different and there is lot to learn. Best place to learn. The management is supporting. The colleagues are friendly.

Family and “kampung spirited type of culture work life in TTSH.

I was working in and employed by Tan Tock Seng Hospital for the past 22 years till I resigned or perhaps retired in 2021. Sincerely speaking, I still miss the management, colleagues and friends much even till these days after my leaving. I shall say that my work life experience was found in TTSH. I would recommend people regardless of their background as medical profession, administrators or other operational aspirations, to join on board and service at TTSH. It is wise to consider it graciously….thank you, good luck to all.

Good environment, relax to work.all the staff are strict and motivated..

I like the way they instructions and love the job 🙂 i come here without experience but i get learn more about hospital job..now i very well in all the job scope regarding porter and health care attendant..i learn how to sarve food for patient and collect medicine for patients, take care of patients

Cons

Long hours but it's for foreigners only

Overall a great place to work at

Super convenient location, sheltered walkways to almost everywhere. Big company with alot of staff. Good staff benefits like corporate passes to zoo and bird park etc., reimbursement for recreation activities and staff discounts for shops within the hospital and nearby malls. I loved working here :)

Super dynamic

Super dynamic fast pace. Everyday you work is a like a new working experience. Very good bonus and incentive but overall, not for the faint heart. Thank you.

Pros

Bonus and increment

Cons

Busy and dynamic

Can be quite stressful

Colleagues are usually quite helpful, however, there are some who create a gossip/toxic culture. However, there are some helpful people who are willing to guide you

Pros

helpful team members

Cons

stressful

Outpatient working hour is less flexible compare to inpatient

outpatient fix off day om weekend while inpatient can choose day off or rest day by our ownInpatient during pandemic time is much busier, and well i enjoy the busyness so ya

Pros

Bonus

Cons

No OT And politic

Fast-paced environment but fun workplace

Workload can get pretty insane and working 7 days straight has become too normal. Work-life balance can definitely be improved on. The workplace culture is great though. Colleagues can get very competitive at times. However overall pretty strong camaraderie, especially through this tough times and challenging period brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic. People here are (most of the time) very willing to teach, making it a great place to learn. However you will also need to pick up quickly and work relatively fast to cope with the fast pace and high workload.

Pros

Great place to learn

Cons

Poor work-life balance

Fun workplace

Good for beginner in facilities industry.Nice environment and friendly atmosphere. Alot to learn for trade in each facilities deparment. Learn customer oriented skills.

Pros

OT Lack of support

Cons

None Progression

A great place to learn and use your talents

Tan Tock Seng has been known to as the busiest hospital in Singapore as it is located at the center of SG itself. It is a stressful environment but the camaraderie and team work is great! Learning new things is common in this hospital because keeps on innovating to produce a award-winning service to all people.

Not a place

There is favoritism in this company, bullying and managers/ supervisors do not encourage but rather put down staff, specially if not local. Managers and supervisors need to seminar and attend management program to be educated to be fair and be great example leaders. But i have learn a lot from working here.

Not easy to get time claims, Seniors and Supervisors are super pressurizing and working environment is stressful

Although they encourage asking amongst colleagues, the working environment is super stressful. The seniors and supervisor want you to learn fast. If you make any mistake (even when it’s just a small tiny mistake), they will blow it up like atomic bomb to make it seem like a big matter. If you make mistakes, they will be super hard on you and make you feel super bad till you feel like resigning. The clinic that I am working it promotes biasness in the way that if this group of people make mistake, supervisors and seniors will treat it as if nothing happen, but when if that certain group of people make mistake, the supervisors and seniors will scold you upside down left and right. One of my supervisor only help to cover this group of people, and scold another group of people upside down, which I don’t like, because is too bias.

Pros

Promotes asking.

Cons

Biased, Fast-paced, expect you to learn fast when you are still very new, selfish seniors

Productive and Fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job, is overall the staff feeling like a family. Despite the job being stressful, the staffs make each other feel safe and comfortable.

Little bit difficult to work because of new job scope and environment

Totally new working experience because of my education is about Physiotherapist.But I gain more knowledges on Healthcare Assistant.Learn how handle High Risk patients,learn to do ECG,UPT and etc,Learn to be patience with patients and relative..

Excellent place for starting a career

Enjoyed working in TTSH. Great camaraderie and teamwork. Fast paced environment with proper set of rules and regulations to make work more effective and safe.

Pros

Newest technology, best equipments, great team

Cons

Really fast paced and demanding.

Fast paced

Working at a hospital requires me to use my critical thinking skills as the hospital requires me to think on my feet. I'm required to ensure my patient's safety and take precaution

Nil

Not the best place to work at yet not the worst. It's neutral. The only benefit that I could be happy with was medical benefit. Apart from that, nothing much.

Might need more doctors

Doctors are over loaded with patients. From actual patient consultation time of 20 mins it become 10 mins or 5 mins in doctor schedule. However each patient spends more than 15mins. Resulting in longer waiting time for the rest of the patients. Angry patients take it out on staff beside the doctor which very stressful. They get scolded everyday. It stressful for all staff including nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tan Tock Seng Hospital with