TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc

TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc Employee Reviews

Great atmoshere

Great work/life balance. Plenty time learn new trades and techniques. The company has room for growth within local areas. A great place to start your career!

Lab tech

It was a good entry level job. The pay was low but I was fresh out of college and needed experience. I enjoyed moving up to different areas. Growth was promoted.

Pros

Hours, movement, willingness to teach

Cons

Benefits and pay

I wish they paid more !

The job is very easy and mine stimulating I just ish they paid a higher hourly wage and I’d be fine. I do like the lab I work in and the elements I test. The lab is typically quiet and everyone is doing their own thing.

Pros

Learning a lot !

Cons

Pay

I would of made this my career job in a heart beat.

I worked for this company for close to 2 years. The employees are very friendly and helpful. The training was thorough and I felt prepared to do my job but questions were always welcome. They are flexible with work hours when needing off early or family activities. We were permitted to work with coworkers in our department to ensure the room was covered. This is not a company to micromanage. PTO was generous. Be ready for overtime during peak and hours cut during dead of winter.

Great Position for Analytical Chemistry Experience

Working here out of college allowed me to learn a great deal of analytical chemistry methods used in various industries. However, since this company is in the environmental industry, the compensation is fairly low. You will learn a great deal here and it’s a good place to start.

Pros

Experience, Flexible Schedule

Cons

Compensation

Replaceable

You aren't paid very well, management sees you as replaceable. We even had to be sent home for a whole week due to a building issue one time and they decided not to pay us for that week.

Poor benefits

The people were great. Management was lacking. Forced OT, 60 hour weeks. When instruments went down, they expect the employees to fix them rather than pay a company to help.

Pros

People

Cons

Benefits, no work life balance

Busy season rough, slow season boring

TestAmerica is ok. They don't pay that much, but don't require much education or experience. Very high turnover here. Most people who work here do so for a year or two and then move on to something else. You can get lots of OT in the busy season, but outside of the busy season, it can be pretty static.

Ehh

Good first job for people right out of college but not a long term job by any means. Not much in the way of decent raises or decent pay. They don't seem to get new equipment, just duct tape the current stuff.

Pros

Good first job

Cons

Pay, management, old broken equipment

The fast-food of environmental testing!

This is an ok job. For a current college student or recent grad it is a good way to earn experience and get a taste of the "real-world". Management is poor and the building is old and falling apart (e.g. black mold). Also lab equipment is old and sometimes not calibrated. People here are nice, mostly, and are willing to help you when needed. Work is very fast-paced and a lot is expected of you after you. Little to no training where it counts. High turn-over rate.

Pros

Most of the people are nice and friendly.

Cons

They will work you to the bone. Repetitive work.

Great people. Horrible Pay.

I worked at the TA Nashville location for 2.5 years. In that time, only one raise was given. The only reason I stayed around as long as I did is because of the people and the flexibility given by management. My management team realized the pay/promotion rates were horrible, so they compensated by allowing a lot of leeway with schedules and time off.

Pros

Great coworkers.

Cons

Terrible pay.

Okay job

Nice company but bad management and they don't pay you your worth. they also have insane overtime. I found myself having to do overtime nearly everyday.

Will really make you appreciate every job you have after this one

The pay was pathetic, especially with the workload. The managers were even worse. They would make you clock out even if you were still working. If you had to ask them for any sort of help or clarification, they would hold it over your head for your entire employment.

Cons

Awful training. Only negative reinforcement from managers. Pathetic pay. Petty coworkers

Management is absolutely terrible. Constantly understaffed. Low salary.

Had some great coworkers that became longtime friends. Management is absolutely terrible. Constantly understaffed. Stressful and demanding. Face paced environment.

Overworked. Underpaid. Never Appreciated

I'm not sure how Eurofins has re-structured, but if its the same, these were the problems many people had at TestAmericaLow Pay for the amount of work required. As stated, this place takes a lot of sample input by undercutting contracts, or providing services to win contracts. Inorganics department probably takes the biggest hit when contracts for volatiles, organics, semi-volatiles are undertaken.On top of that, when experience is gained, its not appreciated. People have walked from TestAmerica for $2 increases, because they didn't get a cent the multiple years they worked. No merit bumps, no Cost of Living adjustments. In the 8 years I worked, I received 3 pay bumps, all for promotions, and I had to fight tooth and nail to get them. When experienced people leave, there is a deficit in production because the team has to train someone new, and they lose troubleshooting prowess.It's mostly negative across the board, so much more to say. But I'll leave you with positives. You will learn A LOT if you put your energy into it. There is so much about laboratory function, and methods, development, that you can take that knowledge and bring it somewhere else. Also, the people are generally great. Everyone is in the same boat, and they understand they're all sinking, so they stick together.

Pros

Experience. Peers.

Cons

Everything Else.

Awful

No growth in the company. Manager doesn’t know how to manage. I would never refer a friend here. Pay is absolutely awful. They don’t care about their employees and raises are nonexistent. The lab director once told me “everyone is replaceable”. WOW

Underpaid for the workload

Management was the only saving grace. You're constantly bombarded with work and underpaid, and asked to do overtime amounts of work with no overtime hours.

Pros

Group lunches, flexibility to work and makeup hours

Cons

Low pay

The most stressful place i had ever worked

if you want to learn something, it is the good place for you to get experiment. But, if you want to get high paid, you should get out this place. There is no opportunity for your improvements with higher position and good paid. The project managers did not care and appreciate what hard works you did. They always drive you to be crazy and stressful.

Pros

no bonus

Absolute nightmare

I have never been in such a toxic environment in my life. The lab director acts like an evil villian dictator. She lies, manipulates people against one another, falsifies data, downplays anything that she thinks might get her in trouble with corporate. Everyone is backstab crazy, favoritism lets some work hard and some do nothing. The turnover is insane...3 months and someone is a vet..a year and being pushed into management...which lasts about 1-3 months...a joke is at least funny...this place is sad. They fired someone on covid leave...after they made him leave work because he sneezed a few times....I would rather be a homeless adventurer than work here. Do not...I repeat Do not get trapped in this company...if must take job...have an exit strategy already set up

Pros

people come and go rippping of time clock...some its obsence like half the day

Low pay, high stress

Will hire anyone so you can get your foot in the door, get experience and get out. They will over work you and laugh in your face when you think your hard work deserves a raise

Pros

Get experience

Cons

High stress

above average

nice place to work, good outweighs the bad. Lab workers work well together. Receiving department is outstanding, wet chemistry as well. Need better involvement from project managers.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

pay below average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?