The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Singapore11 reviews
Great working environment and company culture. Colleagues are mostly friendly and helpful. Management have clear and positive directions. I have had opportunities to advance myself and learn about my potential.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
medium pay
Body shop at home is a great company as there are always incentives for your hard work.it fits around my life style and my children. There are ways to get promoted with the right mind set you can get far very quickly in this company.
Very fun people to work with, it was a joy to work with different people and knowing about different products in the store. The salary was good. Working hours was flexible and the commission pay is good too depending on how much you work in a month
It's not easy as you have to know a lot of product knowledge,as customer tend to ask more on "where does is come from? what is the main ingredient? does this a apply to sensitive skin?"
Cons
Long Hours
Ordered beauty products so could go round to parties to promote products, let people try the products, Sampled makeovers. The hardest part of this was finding enough people to recruit a party. The best part was using the products
Pros
Sampling beauty products
Cons
Finding enough people to organise a party
Family Oriented company with good people and good environment. I love this company. However, I need to move for better career opportunity.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Career enhancement
Each day was different working here at the Body Shop. The Body Shop is an excellent company with original ideas, products, and sales techniques. The management team was super outgoing and friendly and always pushed for our team to do better. The most difficult thing about working at the Body Shop was not buying everything that was released, the employee discount is great and the products are wonderful. I really enjoyed the customers that came into the Body Shop, it made my job very fun and exciting.
Pros
Employee discount, outgoing staff, and very clean stores
Cons
Hours are competitive, selling company cards was a must
The role has provided great insight at how marketing strategies strive to achieve sales through monthly product launches that constantly brings newness to the brand. In depth analysis also provided visibility of correlation and cannibalization of sales. The hardest part is identifying the root cause behind a negative trend while the most enjoyable part is seeing great improvement in sales and sales growth.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Make lots of calls to friends and family to book Body Shop at Home parties. Promote products and offer demonstrations, promote offers and gain sales and future party bookings.
The regional manager wasn't a very nice person to work for and had some very devious ways of reaching her team target. I made a complaint to head office when I found out my manager was involved in fraudulent activity. My manager heard about this and she closed my account without warning even though I had customer orders outstanding. Head office reinstated my account and I decided to leave the company. The regional manager in question has since left the company. The products are ethical but some of the managers aren't. We were encouraged to alter offers and prices to increase our sales and profits which I didn't feel was right.
Pros
My bathroom always smelt lovely and I had tons of products for birthday gifts
Cons
Unethical management team
You're paid for what you do, so as such you can get out as much as you put in.
Maintaining inventory in the back
• Arranging inventory on the store floor

• Tagging merchandise

• Setting up promotional material and displays

• Replenishing inventory

• Reorganizing items

• Maintaining a neat and tidy store

• Provide courteous and prompt service

• Welcome customers as they enter and thank them as they leave

• Assist customers in locating what they’re looking for

• Provide excellent after-sales service

• Smile

Upbeat, enthusiastic, and punctual sales associate with an excellent work ethic and sales experience. Over 2 year of expertise in managing inventory, running the cash register, and delivering prompt customer service with a smile.

SKILLS

Excellent Sales Ability

Operate Cash Register/Process Payments

Strong Communication Skills

Identify And Solve Customer Needs

Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.