The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Singapore45 reviews

Clear
3.1Salary & Benefits

productive and fast paced

some day were okay, others busy as h3ll. quite hectic but worth the pay. provide career development as you started from the bottom and work your way up.

Pros

pays well

Cons

long hours and working non-stop

Fun workplace but very fast-paced environment

can get anything for free but break wise only 30 mins for part-timers which is honestly too short for f&b workers. ur break will be 1hr if ur shift is 10hrs and above

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

overworked

To begin, salary was really low, expected it to increase after awhile but it did not. I did not receive my payslip as well despite pursuing from managers, which means I did not get my staff discount. Shorthanded and I had to deal with peak hours alone handling drinks, service and cashier, and customers were unkind even though they could see that I was alone. There were many times I had to extend my working hours and made me wonder if I was a full-time staff. Some staffs are unfriendly and mean to new part timers, try to make them do more stuff and scold them for unavoidable newcomer mistakes. I only stayed a little longer due to a nice friend I met and accommodating managers, else would have quit so much earlier. Management seems pretty unorganised. There was times where the cups were not printed, powders went out of stock, informed staff of promotions last minute, basically management had an illusion of control.

Cons

long hours, low pay

Low pay but fun. Great as a first job

The atmosphere there was good, great learning experience and the co workers were fun. Stressful at rush hours as the place there is divided into 2 so have to walk across random people to clear cups and plates. Great for a first job but for a while as the pay is $6 which is the same as fast food. Free drinks was limited after a while

Pros

Free lunch and drink

Cons

Stressful, low pay, lesser drinks

Hectic & tiring

Been working at coffee bean as a full timer for 4months . under appreciated by the outlet managers ( probably the worst manager ive encounted ) , bad management . under paid , mostly long hours & over whelming workload.

Happy place!

im a tea and coffee lover so i enjoyed working here. I like working with different types of people. regardless of our natinality we enjoy working with each other. if you are young and lookin for something exciting. you can be a barista and learn how they make good coffee! but if you are looking for a lifetime job hmmm then this is not the one unless you get promoted. i will always love coffee bean as it develop my relationship with customers.

Fun workplace.

Coffee Bean definitely was a great place to work at, the people there are fun and easy to get along with. The managers is patient and would always teach the employee one by one. The job that was being tasked was not too hard, just a simple coffee making as well as being a cashier. It was a place I would love to go back to work at however due to personal reasons I have to quit the job.

Pros

Meals are given

Cons

Lower salary.

Fun workplace

Normal 8 hours job. Learnt to brew coffee and tea. Management wise was pretty ok. The culture there is great. Hardest part of the job is to please customers. Enjoyable part is working together as a team

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Career progression

Fun environment

Learned basic barista skills, manage sales and customer interactions. Rather strict management. Fun environment to be in however, workload may be overwhelming due to insufficient staff. Low salary.

good learning enviorment

Busy as manage store in town . High volume store . Long working hours . Always short of manpower Fun working enviornment . Salary very low , no benefits

Pros

good learning ground

Cons

low salary

Fun working place

I'm a Singapore barista champion 2016 And Asia pacific champion 2016 I love to make coffee, I'm still learning about coffee.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I can work long hours

Fun and Eye Opening

Manage to learn a fair bit on the different types of tea and coffee from numerous regions. Colleagues are fun loving people and all of us works well as a team. Every there will be a day whereby all the staffs regardless of post and whether a part timer or full timer. Outlet will organise an outing and staffs from other various outlets will come over to assist for a day.

Pros

Free Lunch

Exhausting

I personally feel that working as a Barista is not easy. I felt underpaid and under-appreciated. Customers will take you for grated. Overall management was terrible. The employees well-fare was not being taken care of and they were taken for granted (by the company). Working long hours without any benefits. Long hours of OT could hit up to 50 hours/week. Despite working for 3 years, salary was not raised and individual qualities were not recognised.