The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Singapore70 reviews
The job is quite fast paced and must do work very fast. Like packing labelling sorting. The environment is quite warm. The people there do their own job.
Not paid for OT even though manager want you to stay. Only paid OT in the last two months of work. Manager knew I tendered my resignation, did not give me weekend off the entire month. Pressure will just be on you if you supervisor and up. The blame is always on you. Given letter for taking 4 mcs in 6 months. 5mc the entire year.
i learn how to answer customer demands efficiently and with the proper customer service. the workplace culture is fun as everyone gets along with each other well.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
short hours
- my typical day at work is tiring as it is in the morning but when we reached our warehouse , we will do morning exercises together with all other staffs .
- i learned how to pick and pack, sorting out of items and working together with my supervisors and managers .

- management is not bad .

- workplace culture is very vibey kind of place and staffs are all fun to work with as they are friendly and easy-going .

- the hardest part of the job is some staffs are really slow when they're doing their work and when other staffs did their work fast , we have to help them finish up their tasks given .

- the most enjoyable part of the job is we can be ourselves when working .
Busy day at work but nevertheless, always felt like the time passed by very fast cause of the fun people working around me. I learnt to always be patient when I clock off work cause it will really benefit in other areas. I loved my manager over at Cotton On but sadly she got trasnferred to a higher position. The hardest part of the job was to maintain the sizes and keeping your own area neat and tidy till closing time.
Pros
Friendly Manager
Cons
Long Hours
The main perk would be the 50% off for staff. Would consider it a pretty okay environment once you get used to the folding and closing standards. An issue was with some of the supervisors and managers ways at the cashier where they would not really follow protocol when a wrong payment was made etc. The drama level is also dependant at which outlet you work at.
Basic customer service, its easier to do cashiering, you have to do housekeeping and serve the customer well and upselling items to the customer to boost sales.
It’s fun, no complaints about it, well just abit of rude customers HAHAHAHAHA so I would say it’s fine on that, it’s always this kind of thing happens in service industry
Nothing much to say but the management was quite unfair and it is not balance enough for me. The benefits was not well provided and equally too. But the only good thing is that, you will surely meet nice workmate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Cotton On Group?
Great culture to work in that is fast paced and exciting, but certain individuals can diminish that experience.
I have worked here for 6 years and have loved it, over the last 6 months the management change has made me hate it that i want to leave.
Its fun working environment and i get to learn from everyone but i need more work life balance.
I need a change of location too.

The stress is more because of the minimum manpower hired for certain outlet and most staff are part timers.
Amazing experience at cotton on. I made good friends with my co-workers. Very stressful during sale periods but that just taught me to work under high pressure situations.
I was a part timer for typo singapore and it was the best part time job I’ve ever had. Great staff discounts and they provide basic amenities at work such as wet wipes, tissues and snacks. Fun and stress free environment. Downside is short work hours for part timers 3-4 hours per shift and if you’re sick you still need to provide mc for that 3 hours shift which cant even cover your medical bill but if you manage to find replacement for your shift(which is hard), you wont need to provide mc. They’ll ask for your feedbacks or if you have any personal/work problems survey now and then but actually, they don’t really give a shhh if you have problems whatsoever. They terminate people via text which is unprofessional.
Pros
Staff discounts, fun work environment
Cons
Short hours, lack of health benefits
A typical day at work for me is communicating with customers on their enquiries. I have learned how to use the cash register and checking on stocks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends that I have made along the way.
The company is professing values and employees benefits but the situation in Singapore is way worse than it is in Australia. They have no respect for people only for the products, they have no remorses in firing a person on the spot without any benefits and majority of ex-colleagues left the company. If you are in supply and merchandising chain, it could be a great fit as that is the focus of it but I would never recommend this company to begin with. Don't be disguised by their easy-going attitude, it is only a surface.
Pros
Cons
no respect for employees
nothing too good about the company other than the staff benefits. i feel there are better companies out there with better management & have better knowledge on customer service. pay rate is ok as well.
Pros
good staff benefits, very flexible timing
Cons
unorganised, poor management
As a part timer for 2 years in Cotton On, i had lots of fun working in the different outlets. The people there are very friendly and open minded. Even though it’s a retail job, there are a number of benefits and will learn a lot about fashion.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Fast pace
I learned how to manage the team and team spirit in the company, the company also rewards employees every month.it is very hot and a lot of dust in the company ,the goods are heavy .the company has free fruit to eat . the company plans to travel every year.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
the goods are too heavy
Daily morning routine would be opening cartons, ensure best sellers are at eye level and sufficiently stocked. Ensure the store is in world class condition before opening.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, manpower
the workers there were friendly to me, i learnt how to manage customers and the crowds especially in the fitting room area. although it was difficult for me from the start i still manage in the end.
Overall it was a memorable experience. Got to experience first hand experience of how a world renounce retail firm is being run. From back end all the way to the front end sales floor.

Able to experience all the pro's and con's. Flaws of how a business may shift to a wrong direction with the slightest most innocent "mistakes".
Pros
learning how a retail firm is being run.
Cons
lack of leadership