The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Singapore78 reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,479 reviews

fun but managers can be a little demanding sometimes.

The salary is not worth it as there is so much workload. However, some managers can be really nice and helpful while some can be really demanding and biased towards your other colleague.

Excellent co workers but Management dept can be improved

Depending on which stores you posted at work can be seemingly fun. But management wise and work culture can be improved. The only perks is their staff discount other than that not much.

fun but not worth

it was okay working there with cotton on it's just that as a full timer we don't get paid a lot? it was about 1.2k for 36 hours or smth which doesn't make sense.

Pros

fun, casual outfit, easy to learn

Cons

low pay, tired because it's crazy with customer

fun workplace if you talk to your coworkers, but some can be toxic. they will pick out all the negative actions you have done and gossip about it.

management is poor, and if they cannot make enough sales, they will cut your shifts. need to keep clearing the queue if you're the solo cashier, if you cannot handle, supervisor will judge you and complain.

Multicultural working environment

I learned a lot while working in Cotton On. They have quarterly reviews on all store operations employees. It allows management to address performance issues quickly, work out a plan to help the employee improve and check in on a more regular basis to ensure that performance is, in fact, improving.

Pros

Annual gathering

Toxic environment to work in

Company does not value its people. Unpleasant superiors and peers alike, does not appreciate the efforts of its staffs. Toxic environment and culture.

Pros

Cons

Stressful.

productive

was able to make friends easily with colleagues and was able to make the work less stressful. had a few up and downs but overall, had a fun time working with them for a short period of time

Pros

discount for all outlets

Cons

long working hours

Fast paced

The job is quite fast paced and must do work very fast. Like packing labelling sorting. The environment is quite warm. The people there do their own job.

They are okay. But no life balance

Not paid for OT even though manager want you to stay. Only paid OT in the last two months of work. Manager knew I tendered my resignation, did not give me weekend off the entire month. Pressure will just be on you if you supervisor and up. The blame is always on you. Given letter for taking 4 mcs in 6 months. 5mc the entire year.

easy going workplace

i learn how to answer customer demands efficiently and with the proper customer service. the workplace culture is fun as everyone gets along with each other well.

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

short hours

Productive and fun to work .

- my typical day at work is tiring as it is in the morning but when we reached our warehouse , we will do morning exercises together with all other staffs . - i learned how to pick and pack, sorting out of items and working together with my supervisors and managers . - management is not bad . - workplace culture is very vibey kind of place and staffs are all fun to work with as they are friendly and easy-going . - the hardest part of the job is some staffs are really slow when they're doing their work and when other staffs did their work fast , we have to help them finish up their tasks given . - the most enjoyable part of the job is we can be ourselves when working .

Fun Workplace

Busy day at work but nevertheless, always felt like the time passed by very fast cause of the fun people working around me. I learnt to always be patient when I clock off work cause it will really benefit in other areas. I loved my manager over at Cotton On but sadly she got trasnferred to a higher position. The hardest part of the job was to maintain the sizes and keeping your own area neat and tidy till closing time.

Pros

Friendly Manager

Cons

Long Hours

Meh

The main perk would be the 50% off for staff. Would consider it a pretty okay environment once you get used to the folding and closing standards. An issue was with some of the supervisors and managers ways at the cashier where they would not really follow protocol when a wrong payment was made etc. The drama level is also dependant at which outlet you work at.

Productive and fun

Basic customer service, its easier to do cashiering, you have to do housekeeping and serve the customer well and upselling items to the customer to boost sales.

Fun workplace

It’s fun, no complaints about it, well just abit of rude customers HAHAHAHAHA so I would say it’s fine on that, it’s always this kind of thing happens in service industry

Unfair & Bias

Nothing much to say but the management was quite unfair and it is not balance enough for me. The benefits was not well provided and equally too. But the only good thing is that, you will surely meet nice workmate.

A great place to work the culture, is amazing, but selected individuals can diminish the experiance

Great culture to work in that is fast paced and exciting, but certain individuals can diminish that experience. I have worked here for 6 years and have loved it, over the last 6 months the management change has made me hate it that i want to leave.

Fun workplace

Its fun working environment and i get to learn from everyone but i need more work life balance. I need a change of location too. The stress is more because of the minimum manpower hired for certain outlet and most staff are part timers.

Experience

Amazing experience at cotton on. I made good friends with my co-workers. Very stressful during sale periods but that just taught me to work under high pressure situations.

Fun workplace and great stuff discounts

I was a part timer for typo singapore and it was the best part time job I’ve ever had. Great staff discounts and they provide basic amenities at work such as wet wipes, tissues and snacks. Fun and stress free environment. Downside is short work hours for part timers 3-4 hours per shift and if you’re sick you still need to provide mc for that 3 hours shift which cant even cover your medical bill but if you manage to find replacement for your shift(which is hard), you wont need to provide mc. They’ll ask for your feedbacks or if you have any personal/work problems survey now and then but actually, they don’t really give a shhh if you have problems whatsoever. They terminate people via text which is unprofessional.

Pros

Staff discounts, fun work environment

Cons

Short hours, lack of health benefits

Fun workplace

A typical day at work for me is communicating with customers on their enquiries. I have learned how to use the cash register and checking on stocks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends that I have made along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with