The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Singapore15 reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,888 reviews

Social Service area

Enjoyable part of the job - Planning and executing different programs and activities - Writing proposals to different companies/ funds - Engaging youths

Pros

Dynamic team

Cons

Slow career advancement

GOOD place to work family oriented

It is Christian environmentalism so less prospect yo be leader because the old one never leave the job because of their Christian faith and beliefs. They monthly meetings at work place.

Pros

Old people

Cons

Helping hands

Caring and supportive

On the whole, it's has a positive work culture, with supportive HR and senior management although it is capable of a lot more if there's greater clarity & prioritization of tasks & resources between the faith and professional services arms of the organization.

A friendly environment

Meeting up with loyal customer..we have to follow up their need..Morning meeting and perform a small prayer...Motivate each other. we also had a vacation to the 3rd world country to help up their need and got a chance to travel.

poor management

The reason I choose to work in salvation army because I believe in this organization will help people but I realize inside the management level cant even help their own employee and the retreat manger been demoralizing their staff. The manager is personal and favoritism to the staff. the working environment is poor and without any sop

Pros

Na

Cons

The management is personal to staff

Official response from The Salvation Army

August 22, 2019
Thank you for the feedback. This issue had been resolved at the centre level.

Productive and lack of family time

Working culture not that fun, advisory given but not a good listening ear. Too much stress at work due to handle few station beside own job scope. As this are non profit organization we will overworked but underpaid.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, PH report back to work, lack of family time

Normal

Provide a learning environment for the children who are of disadvantage Staff and management were in good relationship Good communication with the management

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Good

A temporary job between semesters at school. It was fun teaching and interacting with the children. A good experience nonetheless

Good

A good working experience. Exposed to many new opportunities and challenges that pushed me to learn and adapt to this new field of study.

Na

There is great scope and good opportunities for learning to boarden knowledge and overall understanding of a no profit organisation.

Pros

Medical

Cons

Long work hours

Dynamic Work Environment

Great collaboration with coworkers. Staff mental and spiritual well-being is being taken care of. Supervisors are open to suggestions and are supportive.

productve and work fun

I learn a lot new skills and knowledge as medical profession.

Pros

free foods

Standardized level of care

One of the best in Singapore. Complete with trainings every 2 weeks. High end equipment. Changi General Hospital-supervised.

The work is interesting

I learned a lot of medical procedures and hands on job especially dailing with old people in the Nursing Home.My co-workers are kind and we creating a big family in the Nursing Home,there is cooperation in our work and a leadership to do the respective task.

Pros

free lunch, stay in leaving in the Nursing Home

Poor Management, Bad Place To Work

The advertised job did not give a fair description of the duties which involved one after hired to start work, realized one has to do many carrying and shifting of heavy loads, practically everyday. Old guards were insensitive towards new hires and in-charge offered little help to guide new hires. Predecessors couldn't manage to hold on to the job as new hires were casted aside by old guards' philosophy of doing sales. Promotion prospect is slim as seen by many.

Pros

every sun off

Cons

too much carrying of heavy loads

• The Salvation Army
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?