The Salvation Army
Coronavirus update
Information from The Salvation Army:

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews for Mover

Mover4 reviews
I was able to drastically improve my hand eye coordination and got in great physical shape too and I also enjoyed being on the road frequently in and out of the truck
Management yells at you for doing what they told you to do. They don't respect their employees and don't pay for the work they require. The other employees don't respect coworkers. The employees take advantage of their customers, and don't let other employees collect tips that they are offered from customers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management sucks
i ended up having to do most of the work because the other employees couldn't be bothered to actually work/ I had to do everything sleep seperate clothes unload an load furniture I won be doing that again.
I would work on a moving truck and work with my partner moving furniture out of peoples house or sometimes even help move a piece of furniture to another location in the house. My co-worker and me would greet the person we were taking the furniture from and hand would hand them a receipt with what they were donating on it, so they could use it for tax purposes. Sometimes we would be moving furniture out of homes for hours and then go to the next home to move more. In a typical day we would move anywhere from 8-25 tickets a day.( tickets being the receipts for people donating) We moved entertainment centers of all sizes, TV's of all sizes, desks, couches, beds.(ect...) We may have to go up to thrid story apartments and carry couches and tvs up and down stairs for 30 minutes to an hour straight. But working with my partner all day was a lot of fun because we became really good friends. We met really nice people with interesting backgrounds and stories. We traveled anywhere within a 1-2 hour radius of the Salvation Army warehouse. Then we would have to off-load the furniture with anywhere from doing it by ourselves to having three people help us and then would distribute the donations throughout the warehouse which i would see alot of my friends while running a piece of furniture down to a location.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Salvation Army?