The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Singapore14 reviews
Excellent welfare, good work balance.
Good pantry, lots of free drinks and biscuits.

Excellent health welfare.

Silver pass for permanent staff.

Free team park tickets for all staffs.

5 days of Family Care Leave.
This is a "prestigious" place to work given its been on the forbes list of companies people want to work for
It has its pros and cons like any other companies but right is not a good time to be here as the company is majorly cutting costs

And people are expected to take on more work when colleagues have been fired and even interns have been cut out of the budget

Despite being an American company, the way of working in this Asian office is not as forward and open to having dialogues.

Hierachy is prevalent and you are not encouraged to speak your mind.

Townhalls have been cut, for good reasons I guess, since the MD was not transparent in his speech anyway.

Management is biased toward finance and other dept such as marketing.

HR hires sometimes fails because they favour hiring external parties from other brands to join the company instead of promoting internally.

To which I have seen a couple of people fail terribly, which is a shame and truly a waste of time and resources.

Leadership is mostly comprised of British and Indians. Lack of racial diversity in a company catering to all races worldwide

Contract workers are about 50 percent

The company does not convert good performers who are in the creative dept to be permanent staff.

The best part of working here is that you have the opportunity to bring happiness to consumers.
Pros
Fruits available everyday, fitness programs, health care, clean office
Cons
Employment terms, poor management, lack of transparency, complicated processes, lack of racial diversity in leadership team
Good place to meet people and build friendships.
Everyone is relatively happy and cheerful! I work in shift so my schedule is constantly changing. I have a lot of free time as well to pursue my degree while working in Disney. Overall a good experience and has definitely helped with my resume!
Pros
Wellness
Good work environment and culture, people are passionate about the brand. Employees benefits are great as well. You are not an employee, you are a cast member !
Without having to relocate in another country, I would have kept my job within Disney.
I wished I could be renewed as permanent position instead. Nevertheless I will try again if the permanent position is being offered. Great colleagues and respectful VP in charged.
Pros
Fun and joyful working environment
Cons
Contract position
Great company as there are very good staff medical benefits. The company provides fruits twice a week.

Not all units operate like an MNC. The business units at One-North is great and you can have exposure to multi-national environment. If you are looking for MNC environment, this business unit is great for exposure.

The technical unit is not at One-North and if you are an IT trained person, this place may not suit well. They are not that pro-IT. This office does not run like an MNC. The head is not towards IT matters.
Pros
Fruits provided. Good medical benefits
Cons
Depends on office location. Not much exposure for IT if restricted to technical unit
Lovely place to work with. Colleagues are very supportive.
Very pleasant working environment.

Wish I was offered the permanent position instead.

CEO is a great and powerful lady, I like her a lot.
Pros
Pantry with all snacks and beverages
Cons
Contract term
Great company to work for in terms of learning the industry and how the leading business was built and is still being operated today
Pros
Disney Brand
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work as long as personal and company goals are aligned.

Good exposure to the workings of a global MNC. Sometimes the Disney Wars are a reality and can prove to be a Strain.
It was fun to work there, talking about the different Restaurants and shows people wanted to go to, booking little girls makeovers at the Castle and booking breakfast with Goofy and Mickey Mouse for the family was exciting each day, even talking about the menu was a treat.
Pros
To be part of the Disney Family (Pixey dust)
Cons
The restaurants would book so fast and having to tell the families no, sorry I can't get you in tonight.
Driven by passion and ability to perform in the field of 3D Character Animation, I wish to administer my skills in the productivity and profitability of the organization.
As a freelance editor, I've experienced quick and efficient communication with primary editors as well as clear job expectations. The most difficult part of the job is often quick turnarounds, which I don't mind but others might. Benefits of the jobs I receive include the opportunity to work with talented authors on a steady basis.
Pros
strong working relationships, friendly staff
Cons
time crunch on deadlines
My work is never boring because my colleagues are from all over the world. The Disney customer service standards are interesting.
Contract ended
Working with Disney guests, establishing reservations, answering inquiries about Walt Disney World Parks and resorts.