Thermo Fisher Scientific
Updates from Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Updated: March 31 2020

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Productive and fun place
It is a good working environment but there isnt much advancement in this job. However, i should say that the job here is good for me as it strengthens my foundation in my science knowledge aspect.
Poor management and growth opportunities
The first time entering thermofisher Scientific and being introduced to how the company promotes rapid growth opportunities and advancements, emphasised heavily on recognition of employees’ contributions etc.

However, none of that happened, unfortunately. The management once promised to grant a certain benefit with an acknowledgement of the extensive contributions made not only from myself but other employees from the department as well but was not fulfilled. Despite the acknowledged efforts put in, (acknowledged by the customers as well), there was no promotion given at all and the reason provided was because they could not afford to promote and it’s expensive, despite having worked for more than 4 years.

Was assigned to work way beyond the jobscope, but no incentives and recognition was given. Had an open and honest communication with the management on the reasons why some, including myself, were not granted what we should be getting but failed to give an answer except saying, “it’s personal”. Professionalism at its best.

Company couldn’t recognise the efforts of the employees hence no sustainability and quality work of the employees should be expected.
Pros
Occasional free dinner
Cons
Poor management, growth opportunities/advancements, lack of recognition of employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.
1K