Thermo Fisher Scientific
Coronavirus update
Information from Thermo Fisher Scientific:

Thermo Fisher Scientific Management reviews

Singapore39 reviews
Joined as part of the project team. More guidance and help required from team members or project team, was left pretty much alone to figure things out when i hardly know the agenda and scope. Only attached to one senior who was helpful only at the beginning but got short tempered quickly when asked for help. However, this was the individual senior employee issue not so much on the company. The rest of the staff are friendly and approachable.

From my short 6 months time with the company the environment and welfare package is good with periodic bonding activities and classes, such as Go-Karts or moon cake making lessons! Makes you feel that the company actually cares more than the job.
Pros
Abundance of fun/interesting activities, friendly management, peers and stakeholders.
Cons
More direction and clarify on what the job is about
Terrible place with terrible culture. The management are more like puppets trying to keep their bosses happy. There is minimal employee welfare, and high level of politics and nepotism. You get special treatment if you are the bosses friend. There's no real project management done by project managers, they do admin work.
Pros
Easy job but nothing much aside from that
Cons
Poor career advancement, terrible politics
team building is a good choice made by the management. Willing to learn is must for us to move for the next step.It might good for our yearly achievement.
Pay wise among the lowest if you start off. Boring job too. I do not recommend this place unless you are a old lady or uncle retiring with a rich son or daughters earning 5 digit to feed you. I remember there is some senior technician name Peter who is unbelievably bias as a senior tech in charge and did not set a good example too. Need to carry his balls and clean his shoe type. Lots of foreigner working there not willing to teach you. Lots of politics from them too. Arrogant chee ko pek guy lazing behind the the cleanroom behind too.

Good thing is lots of friends and buddies to work around with and nice pantry with free buffet food now and then. And a nice gym and grand company dinner that's all.
Pros
Company Dinners & Gym access
Cons
Hypocritical Management & bias senior tech. No future for advancement.
The first time entering thermofisher Scientific and being introduced to how the company promotes rapid growth opportunities and advancements, emphasised heavily on recognition of employees’ contributions etc.

However, none of that happened, unfortunately.
The management once promised to grant a certain benefit with an acknowledgement of the extensive contributions made not only from myself but other employees from the department as well but was not fulfilled. Despite the acknowledged efforts put in, (acknowledged by the customers as well), there was no promotion given at all and the reason provided was because they could not afford to promote and it’s expensive, despite having worked for more than 4 years.

Was assigned to work way beyond the jobscope, but no incentives and recognition was given. Had an open and honest communication with the management on the reasons why some, including myself, were not granted what we should be getting but failed to give an answer except saying, “it’s personal”. Professionalism at its best.

Company couldn’t recognise the efforts of the employees hence no sustainability and quality work of the employees should be expected.
Pros
Occasional free dinner
Cons
Poor management, growth opportunities/advancements, lack of recognition of employees
Great colleagues to work with. Challenging job opportunities and job responsibilities. Great learning experience as you will learn different things. I learned on project management as well.
Every member of the team operates as one unit. Able to work together towards a positive outcome. Management has been of great help during on job trainings.
Worse department ever in the company due to the management. I have learnt how scary peers can be and how your manager can be so part of the political playing within the department. No support from the manager (director), turnover very high within the team.
Pros
Free drinks, biscuits
Cons
Political environment
High red tapes and politics within the department. High staff turnover. Bad culture, poor leadership and work ethic within the department.
Pros
Good staff benefits and trainings
Cons
Bad culture and poor work ethic
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thermo Fisher Scientific?
Life Technologies has given me the priceless opportunity to build my confidence to help contribute to the society indirectly.

A typical day at work starts around 4-8am... because i take calls with PST... It may end anytime between 3-5pm.

I have learned to communicate my requirements and contributions clearly as we work across time zones and cultures!
The management in this company is very much pro-employee and co-workers are absolutely marvelous!