Thoughtworks

Thoughtworks Employee Reviews for Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant7 reviews

Best tech talent in the world

Better than any tech company in the world. Just compensation offered is very low. I do love working in Thoughtworks and there are many reasons here...Grow into my best self. Get encouraged by leaders and peers andcreate life-shaping experiences for me.Thoughtworks offers a stimulating working environmentwhere I been mentored and fostered by bright mindsand purpose-led leaders. Use my skills and knowledge,and the tools they provide me to experience all that Agodacan offer across brands and around the world. I have the aptitudeto expertise in a flexible – and global – career.My team is one of the best teams who always stays with me to support and encourage me. :) :)

Productive and best agile practices followed company

Thoughtworks is a very good work place with a lot of fun with lunch and learn session. My best company among all the companies that I have worked for earlier.

Pros

Free Lunches, Agile Practices, Compensation

Cons

Nothing so far

Best place for work life balance

Thoughtworks is a flat organization. There is no rules, everything happens on trust basis. No shifts, no overtime, no deadline(conditions apply :-P) Every thoughtworker is passionate about technology. This is the best place to learn. You can work with the best people in the industry. Company promotes opensource contributions, also helps for your pet projects. Only thing to improve is the Salary

Pros

Culture, Colleagues, Work life balance

Cons

Salary

Ok work with less benefits

I am working on a product currently and rolling off soon but next project I will get is not aligned with my career growth. Management is not good, they don't listen to you and that affects your growth in the organization. Learning curve is good and people are really good and helpful.

A perfect work and life balanced work place

I have enough time to learn and practice every new technique I am interested in after a routine day's development work. My co-workers are all friendly and supportive. we often learn and share fantastic technical / productive ideas together, also we have lots of sessions and workshops to shape our mind and skills. On the other hand, ThoughtWorks even allow me to take care of my 6 year-old daughter in the office and let her play game for a couple of hours every day after she comes back from school, which really solves my biggest time management issue. All in all, I highly appreciate the experience that working in ThoughtWorks with all ThoughtWorkers.

Pros

Anything but salary and work location

Cons

Does not support employee to immigrate, and not good enough earning

Employee preferences are company preferences. Awesome work culture and awesome people.

Everyone has a say in the organization (except for some social cause work). There is no nagging manager peeking from behind your shoulder (flat hierarchy). People who do the actual work do actual estimations and can really decide upon and impact the work they are supposed to do. You can direct your career here. If you are a developer, and you think you want to work as a BA, you will definitely get opportunities for the same (not just to say like in many other organizations I know). Everyone has a say in terms of where the office is heading towards, if there are policies that employees don't think are relevant. Its easier to switch between technologies, projects, sometimes even if it means you are ready to travel. "Employee preferences are company preferences." If you are someone who has an opinion and can express it. This is a place for you. You can come out a leader if you are capable of(and not a manager). The organization basically gives you opportunity to work. Awesome people to work with too.

Pros

You are your own boss, everybody is very keen on quality work, you can define your career/ even change it.

Cons

Some global policies are not clear.

Amazing company to work for with great minds having a social cause

I never really knew if IT companies can BE this cool before getting into ThoughtWorks. My interview process was really interactive and it was hard to get through. After that, this place is like home more than home actually. Fun, excitement, learning, do what you do best, learn what you want to learn, can say anything to even the CEO who might be sitting right next to you, freedom, pride, ownership, great minds, inspiring individuals, young and energetic, great food and snacks, good connect across offices... i can just go on and on. this is the awesomest company i have known.

Jobs at Thoughtworks