ThoughtWorks

ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews in Bengaluru, Karnataka

Bengaluru, Karnataka18 reviews

Flat Culture and Friendly Mgmt

Its a best place to work, they have flat culture, no hierarchy, very god team, we have option to move around different roles based on ur capability etc

Pros

Team Outings

Extremely terrible work life balance

No regard for work-life balance.Working hours are 12+ hours on an average.Unrealistic workload.Meetings on every Saturday despite it being a holiday.Salary is bare minimum.

Great place to learn new things

Great place to learn and try out new things. ThoughtWorks has a great culture which pushes people to give their best without worrying about any consequence. Management, in general, is very supportive of the employees.

Very nice environment to work

Awesome place to work. Good work culture. Excellent food. One of the best companies to work for, in the IT services sector. People here deeply care about bringing out real value for their clients, without compromising on software excellence. Mediocrity is frowned upon.

Productive and tech forward

Very good understanding and intent to follow good coding principles and agile methodology. This has been successfully applied in some projects and not in some. Work life balance is good.

Amazing place to work

Work life balance. Team keeps changing based on project, which allows you to work with all your peers. Absence of strict hierarchy which is amazing. More responsibility on individuals.

Pros

Free food for breakfast and lunch, Monthly team outing, Challenging work

Cons

Very low salary compared to other companies

Good place to work. Technically sound employees. Normally used as an offshore partner. The projects are on different technologies and gives a good exposure in agile development practices.

Amazing workplace filled with smart fun-loving people

ThoughtWorks is a great place to work if you are passionate about bringing big changes in how software development is done. There software development practices are some of the best in the industry. Great place to start your career if you want to get exposed to best practices from day 1. But being a services company, you may not always be posted in a team where you like the work. But the company always encourages to ask for a shift if you are interested in something else.

Pros

Free food, Gaming after office hours

Cons

Projects always not per your liking

Fun place to work with smart people

Laid back work culture with fun environment, however pay is much lower than other companies.This is an ideal place to join for a fresh grad out of college

Best place for work life balance

Thoughtworks is a flat organization. There is no rules, everything happens on trust basis. No shifts, no overtime, no deadline(conditions apply :-P) Every thoughtworker is passionate about technology. This is the best place to learn. You can work with the best people in the industry. Company promotes opensource contributions, also helps for your pet projects. Only thing to improve is the Salary

Pros

Culture, Colleagues, Work life balance

Cons

Salary

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ThoughtWorks?

Ok work with less benefits

I am working on a product currently and rolling off soon but next project I will get is not aligned with my career growth. Management is not good, they don't listen to you and that affects your growth in the organization. Learning curve is good and people are really good and helpful.

Awesome company to work for

Very good company to learn the technology, awesome work culture with lots to learn. Give lots of preference to the employee needs.

Productive and fun workspace

*People are highly talented. *No Hierarchy. *Unlimited lunch, juice, tea/coffee and snacks *Fasting learning. *Full support from seniors. *Work with enjoyment.

Protective and fun workplace

good working environment good management team the most enjoyable part of the job good team member good food very good learning environment

Flat hierarchy

TW has very flat hierarchy structure and all the employees enjoyed same status and were willing to put in best ideas.

Good Company environment

It was nice to work with Thoughtworks. I learned there about C language, JavaScript, Java, TDD, Database, Data Structures. The management was very good.

Fun work place with good amount of learning

Thoughtworks is good work place with a very different work culture. It encourages collaborative work environment and does not believe in cubicles. You get to work with some really smart people.Hardest part of your job is people expect a lot from you and you are always benchmarked against one superhero in the organization. Management shuffle in the last 2 years has not helped the India operations a lot.Most enjoyable part you put the client needs 1st and go that extra step to deliver what client wants. We are successful only if client is successful and this thinking something which is rare in IT services companies.

Pros

free lunches, casusals at work and work from home

Cons

not enough travel opportunites

Working in IT support role is very interesting every day new challange will help you to learn about IT support more .

Being part of IT industry for last eight year i fill there is more to know about it .Setting up Data Center ,new office setup ,MPLS connectivity ,managing team is always good learning for me .Setting up global office infrasturcture (South Africa) manging team from India and making your team member happy is always challenging for me but it makes you happy when user provide good feedback (network is running fine without any issue) .Team is very important for me and I always give my support to them in any challenging situation .I enjoy my job because there is a challenge and it always motivate you to achieve next level .

Pros

new thing to learn every day .

Cons

you need to handle pressure some time it can impact you personal life also

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThoughtWorks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

• ThoughtWorks
  • Bengaluru, Karnataka
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?