Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities

Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities Employee Reviews

Singapore8 reviews

Favoritism, Slow Career Progression

Loads of politics and favouritism. Slow career progression. You are expected to attend courses on regular basis and be prepared to be bonded. Colleagues may be great and they keep your spirits up.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Slow Career Progression

The most enjoyable part of the job is you have given the benefits for long day offs. Benefits, management is very approachable. FUN TO WORK

When i joined THK im very excited to work and the company has benefits to. Joining this team is a good place to work. You learned a lot and they can send you also for trainings. Workplace is fun.You can have a long day offs. Approachable staffs and colleagues.

Very long hours shift. Low salary

Very long hours shift that affects our health. Low salary but long off days. But it’s not worth the salary due to the long work shifts. No career progression. clients have no respect for the staffs. they treat the staffs like a helper.

Pros

Tokens of appreciation

Cons

Long hours. Low salary. Stressful clients.

Dont join

Dont take it seriously for anything they promised. Management keep changing. From CEO to directors, operation executive, clerks, Human Resources, managers etc.

Fun workplace

Good work life balances and good perks for ladies as it is family orientated. People are sharing information freely and there is a lot of shared resources for different therapies to use for the children and adults with special needs.

Pros

Good mamagement

Cons

Travelling to all parts of islands in a day to serve clients

Fun and interesting job

A typical day at work is always with the elderly patient. At the beginning of the day, I plan activities to do withe the patient. I help patient do activities of daily living as normal as possible. Basically, I work on my own in my client's home. I consult with managers if I need to. The hardest part of my job is when the patient is asleep and I have finished everything I need to do for my client. I like doing various kinds of things every day and I don't want to just sit down and wait for the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be appreciated by my clients and their folks. It is really heartwarming to hear them say kind words to you and appreciate everything that you have done while taking care of them or their family.

Pros

Free food

Productive,Fun and Enjoyable

Our ratio regarding patient assignment is 1:1, I am focused to one patient alone in a 12 hour duty everyday from Monday to Saturday.My areas of responsibility covers vital signs monitoring, activities of daily living such as; showering,bed bath,mouth care,hair washing, skin care, nail care, toileting, continence care and dressing. I also ensure my patient's nutrition wherein we assist them with feeding through modified diet. I also do NGT or PEG feeding depending on my patient's status.Some additional personal care that I do are the following: nebulization, oral suctioning, medication administration, wound dressing, stoma care,cold compress application,urinary catheter care,specimen collection. However, my areas of responsibilities depends upon the clients ability and limitations. If my patient is able, I let him do things that he is able to do so to promote in-dependency and allow him to mobilize to strengthen the body. I assist and ensures my patient's safety to activities that limits him/her to do. I also ensure that my patient is able to socialize and interacts to the outside world in order to increase his/her confidence as well. I learned that my job is more than just a job, it entails a lot of patience,understanding and commitment. I handle different patients,with different mood, beliefs and diverse personalities, I learned that I need to be flexible enough and adjust for my patients. I need to sympathize with their condition in order for me to fully comprehend their living situation. I am able to work well with my co-workers. Professionally, I believe -

Pros

Free transporation and bonus

Cons

Learnt a lot, however lacked optimum senior management.

I managed 6 programs and worked 15 hours a day 7 days a week. I enjoyed the work however it lacked a work life balance.

Pros

Challenging role

Cons

Hr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities Reviews by Location

• Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?