Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.2Job Security & Advancement

Mixed Experiences

My career with Tiffany began in NYC in management. I loved my senior management as well as my direct reports. After 6 years in NYC and the downturn in the economy in 08, Tiffany hired new upper management and took a new direction. I left the company for a few years. When I rejoined the company as a Sales Professional my excitement for the company dwindled quickly. The expectations as well as the need to remove the exclusivity and special-ness from the brand was a poor idea.

Toxic

Tiffany used to be a place where people could grow. Now steps on the career ladder have been removed, like the ASM. Everyone is expected to do more and even if you achieve goals if you don’t have 30% growth over plan or LY you are considered failing. LVMH is actively trying to manage out employees who have been around a long time, inventing issues to do so.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Toxic work environment and stress

Good base pay but not good raises or advancement

Started as security then promoted and then changed job types to a dif job inside store, I would say management expects everyone to do there jobs while they play dress up and sit in there offices all day. There was so much turnover and then changing managers titles or giving what I would call demotions and then change there salary to hourly just to save money, redistributing the same people around or just getting rid of positions all together and expecting the people that were below them to do that job for same money. Raises every year we’re less than cost of living over five years I worked, they make it to where even if you did exceptional but the store didn’t you don’t get a great review. It creates a somewhat toxic work environment, as a seasonal employee I would recommend though can’t go wrong doing that at all.

Extremely inclusive and diverse culture. Beautiful offices, great discount.

The company offers good benefits, it is very diverse and inclusive. The people are very nice and polite. There is room for growth and advancement but if you are a high position there is no life work balance. The money is not worth the lack of balance.

Pros

Great discount, beautiful office. Great experience to have in your resume, beautiful products.

Cons

They want workers back in the office full time, no work/life balance.

Bad Management

Terrible management that is into punishment and trying to write you up and get you fired for the smallest of mistakes. When you try to go the extra mile you are reprimanded.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Everything else.

Amazing company and great heritage brand

Amazing company to work for gain amazing experience that will give you all the tools you need to succeed in any industry related to luxury or retail, client services or recruitment. Provides staff with excellent training and very organised.

Pros

Great place to work to gain management experience

Cons

lack of flexibility, long hours

Great place to start working in luxury retail, respected staff and great learning experience

Working during the holiday season to gain experience from Tiffany and Company was definitely a fun experience! Staff and work culture were diverse, everyone was super helpful and friendly, and management made sure that everyone got to go on their lunch break. As a seasonal employee, I felt like I was always welcomed and well-respected when I showed up for my shift and I greatly appreciate that. Whenever I had a question or need help, someone was always there to assist. Every time I went in for a shift, it truly did not feel like work and shifts went by so quickly. Free lunches were provided every Saturday and everyone was always included during coffee runs. The only con for this job was that it was seasonal and rarely, most companies keep anyone from seasonal and they only offer full-time positions, not part-time. But I would definitely recommend Tiffany and Company if you are looking to gain experience in luxury retail.

Pros

Free lunches, great pay, and reliable staff

Cons

Only full-time positions, rarely part-time.

What is the best part of working at the company?ProfessionalGrowth, stable company, great people to work with, flexible schedule with ability to work from home, team building exercises What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Had no stressful situationsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Professional, enjoyable place to workWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Interfacing between groups of IT and non IT departments. Vendor interfacing

Good experience

It’s a good experience to have for starting in the luxury industry today. It’s A good way to learn about high end services and good etiquette with clients.

Pros

Good environment to thrive

Cons

No comment

Ambiente de trabajo sin mucho stress. Beneficios buenos

Buena remuneración al empleado buen ambiente de trabajo apoyo y beneficios

Cons

Amistades Buenas Y Malas.

A Good Company

A good company, good people. But they have to figure out how to cultivate and promote. Several individuals have left the company and got promote and got more money.

Pros

Good Benefits and Scheduling

Cons

Working almost every Weekend or Holiday!

Trabajo muy valorado

Si. Muy buen ambiente. Aunque a veces los jefes o manager. Departamento de calidad. Muy estresante. Por lo demás. Digamos que bien. Se puede trabajar en un ambiente tranquilo. Y limpio de toda seguridad.

Pros

Insurance muy buenos en todo sentidos.

Cons

Poco de favoritismo para ciertas personas.

Une bonne formation mais trop rapide pour 3 jours au New-Jersey

A mon avis tout était parfait , excepté pour le directeur qui manque de respect et n'as aucune relation humaine comme experiencedésolé, car plusieurs employés peuvent le confirmé.

No room for growth

I was in the Same role for about 1.5 years and was a great employee. I was hoping to start my career here but nobody cared about that, I was told after 1.5 years that I could be Keyholder next. No room for growth, management only cares about themselves.

Professional

I enjoyed working for the company when I did. No complaints whatsoever my colleagues were very pleasant. Pay is great, and the other benefits that is offered. I liked that they had personal days offered right from the start that you can take for whatever purpose when it is needed. Overall a great place to work.

Bad Management

My location the management is bad on commination. they will resolve the issue in month 1, but by month 3, it's back to basics.The Company as a whole is amazing, but not my management.

Depends on your goals...

This is an amazing company if you want to do repetitive work, want a fast paced environment and don't care too much for advancement. If you speak more than one language, go for it. If you are good at corporate small talk to get ahead, go for it. If you don't mind doing work that is not yours and not getting raises to match workload, go for it. But if recognition is important to you, if getting ahead matters, it just might not be good for you. I was pigeonholed in my position and never was able to get out and also didn't have the support I needed to learn how. It truly just depends on what your goal is for wanting to work here.

Good Benefits

They provide good benefits. Management is poor, no room for advancement. Management plays favorites, it’s about who you know not what you know. Compensation is not balanced with the work.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance, poor management

Management Poor; large pay discrepancies among employees

Continuous harassment to make people buy. The product lines are always the same with very little industry updates that are appealing to clients. Management needs coaching on how to empathize and motivate work staff. Very unprofessional way of conducting business on sales floor. Overall, not worth pursuing advancement when not feeling appreciated. Corrupt business practices displayed from management that needs to be reported.

Pros

Can say you work at a luxury brand

Cons

Do not recognize special occasions, no employee appreciation or birthday acknowledgement or work anniversary.

Tiffany is a special place with great people.

I loved every moment at Tiffany even the time I got injured they still made sure I was okay physically and financially. The company is great the people are awesome, there are a few who need to be corrected but that's with any job opportunity. I would love to work there again if I had the opportunity presented to me.

Pros

Great environment and many opportunities for growth.

Cons

The company has too many people trying to be in control.

Good when you hit targets

Opportunity to earn with commission is great and consistent incentives available. High targets and competitive work environment. Company does not care about work/life balance and doesn’t listen to staff concerns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tiffany & Co. with