Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Management reviews

Clear

Mixed Experiences

My career with Tiffany began in NYC in management. I loved my senior management as well as my direct reports. After 6 years in NYC and the downturn in the economy in 08, Tiffany hired new upper management and took a new direction. I left the company for a few years. When I rejoined the company as a Sales Professional my excitement for the company dwindled quickly. The expectations as well as the need to remove the exclusivity and special-ness from the brand was a poor idea.

Connecting with clients was the best part!

Management provided the resources needed to sell and achieve sales plans. You were always meeting new people, but it was nice to have loyal clients who you are constantly building a relationship with.

Pros

Full time and part time benefits; generous product discount; bonuses

Cons

Retail hours; lack of work life balance; difficult to grow within the company

Toxic

Tiffany used to be a place where people could grow. Now steps on the career ladder have been removed, like the ASM. Everyone is expected to do more and even if you achieve goals if you don’t have 30% growth over plan or LY you are considered failing. LVMH is actively trying to manage out employees who have been around a long time, inventing issues to do so.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Toxic work environment and stress

Good base pay but not good raises or advancement

Started as security then promoted and then changed job types to a dif job inside store, I would say management expects everyone to do there jobs while they play dress up and sit in there offices all day. There was so much turnover and then changing managers titles or giving what I would call demotions and then change there salary to hourly just to save money, redistributing the same people around or just getting rid of positions all together and expecting the people that were below them to do that job for same money. Raises every year we’re less than cost of living over five years I worked, they make it to where even if you did exceptional but the store didn’t you don’t get a great review. It creates a somewhat toxic work environment, as a seasonal employee I would recommend though can’t go wrong doing that at all.

Empresa excelente y con ganas de motivar a los empleados a seguir dando lo mejor de ellos

Buena empresa cada año dando lo mejor de ella. Y por incentivar a los colaboradores cada año marcando la diferencia.

Pros

Excelente seguro laboral

Cons

No tengo contras de la empresa

Bad Management

Terrible management that is into punishment and trying to write you up and get you fired for the smallest of mistakes. When you try to go the extra mile you are reprimanded.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Everything else.

What is the best part of working at the company?the best part is that there is no pressure and the management in the company is wonderfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?there is no stressful part in the companyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?they are warm people and they are people with an open cultureWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I can say that I go happy and when I leave I leave even happier

Avoid

Toxic store management, no opportunities for growth. Low wages, nothing to learn. Tiffany LP strategy is to hire glorified doormen who occasionally stand at different areas of the store.

Amazing company and great heritage brand

Amazing company to work for gain amazing experience that will give you all the tools you need to succeed in any industry related to luxury or retail, client services or recruitment. Provides staff with excellent training and very organised.

Pros

Great place to work to gain management experience

Cons

lack of flexibility, long hours

Great place to start working in luxury retail, respected staff and great learning experience

Working during the holiday season to gain experience from Tiffany and Company was definitely a fun experience! Staff and work culture were diverse, everyone was super helpful and friendly, and management made sure that everyone got to go on their lunch break. As a seasonal employee, I felt like I was always welcomed and well-respected when I showed up for my shift and I greatly appreciate that. Whenever I had a question or need help, someone was always there to assist. Every time I went in for a shift, it truly did not feel like work and shifts went by so quickly. Free lunches were provided every Saturday and everyone was always included during coffee runs. The only con for this job was that it was seasonal and rarely, most companies keep anyone from seasonal and they only offer full-time positions, not part-time. But I would definitely recommend Tiffany and Company if you are looking to gain experience in luxury retail.

Pros

Free lunches, great pay, and reliable staff

Cons

Only full-time positions, rarely part-time.

Ambiente de trabajo sin mucho stress. Beneficios buenos

Buena remuneración al empleado buen ambiente de trabajo apoyo y beneficios

Cons

Amistades Buenas Y Malas.

No real diversity or inclusion

Company culture has dramatically changed over the years. They heavily leverage words like "diversity" and "inclusion", however there is alot of conscious and unconscious bias and undertones of discrimination. If you encounter a metal health or physical disability life challenge that impacts your ability to optimally perform at 100%, don't expect empathy or understanding from Regional Senior Leadership or Human Resources. The brand's products are absolutely beautiful, however the discount and salary are not worth loosing your self-respect and dignity.

Pros

Beautiful products and competitive salary

Cons

Horrible Senior Leadership with antiquated views who lack empathy or flexibility

stressful and malicious competition

Produits is fun. Very stressful and malicious competition environment, management chaos,no respect at all. Long hours work and micromanage .They ask a lot of outreach client contact, event for the holiday and day off , any time needs ready to answer work messages or phone calls.

Trabajo muy valorado

Si. Muy buen ambiente. Aunque a veces los jefes o manager. Departamento de calidad. Muy estresante. Por lo demás. Digamos que bien. Se puede trabajar en un ambiente tranquilo. Y limpio de toda seguridad.

Pros

Insurance muy buenos en todo sentidos.

Cons

Poco de favoritismo para ciertas personas.

Une bonne formation mais trop rapide pour 3 jours au New-Jersey

A mon avis tout était parfait , excepté pour le directeur qui manque de respect et n'as aucune relation humaine comme experiencedésolé, car plusieurs employés peuvent le confirmé.

No room for growth

I was in the Same role for about 1.5 years and was a great employee. I was hoping to start my career here but nobody cared about that, I was told after 1.5 years that I could be Keyholder next. No room for growth, management only cares about themselves.

Great team environment, hr is not great

Company that trusts their employees and does not micromanage however hr is sub par. A lot of empty promises and schedule changes last second. Management and coworkers are great.

Bad Management

My location the management is bad on commination. they will resolve the issue in month 1, but by month 3, it's back to basics.The Company as a whole is amazing, but not my management.

Was a great place to work until it came under new management

Was a good place to work but the new management ruined the place with inconsistent managing. No one is held accountable for their actions which leads to an unsafe work environment.

Don't do it.

This place demands all of your life and time, while giving back as little as possible. Things were on a downward trend pre-covid but have plummeted into borderline chaos. The turnover rate for the higher skilled people is increasing while the quality of new people is not where it should be, but they just want numbers. Getting anything changed or improved is impossible without fighting with supervisors and management and they'll beat down any creativity or optimism right out of you. Just don't. From director to team leads, Inept.

Pros

It was close by.

Cons

Too many to name.

Good Benefits

They provide good benefits. Management is poor, no room for advancement. Management plays favorites, it’s about who you know not what you know. Compensation is not balanced with the work.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Tiffany & Co. with

• Tiffany & Co.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?