Toys 'R' Us

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Singapore18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,353 reviews

Flexible work hours

The job scope is very simple, cashier and do floor work. The managers and the team are very friendly as well. Hardest part of the job is to handle customers but that's every customer service job. The hours are also flexible.

Biased management but fun job

The employees have favouritism and mostly biased. Management is so so, not the best. People keep leaving the job due to stress and being not paid much. A lot of work but so little pay.

Tiring place to work at.

Tired job. If you're a girl it's okay but if you're a guy alot of heavy lifting. Alot of task to be done. Pay is quite low. Majority of staff are nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Tired job. low pay.

Fun but not worth it for the long run

It’s best if you work there to earn some extra cash or pocket money for school. For the amount of work you do and the pay you earn, is not worth it especially in the long run

Pros

Cab fare for late store closure

Cons

Underpaid

I'm friendly and i like kids

Work hard willing to learn more on customer service and sales hope to learn more things and gain experience in this line this get to know new working friends so i can work as a team.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Bad experience

Took 3 years to get a pay raise of 50¢ only. Workload is not equivalent to pay. Sexist environment. It seems easier for guys to get promotion than girls, as girls are always placed at service area, not given opportunity to learn more skills out of service, reason given was "girls are better at service than guys". There's favoritism and is clearly shown at work by the manager. Employees are NOT PROTECTED by employers from members of public who treats employees badly. Employers expect us to work progressively but the facilities such as the cashiering machine and price printer are severely outdated and causes difficulties to use at times. The working hours given by office is ridiculous, especially for a flagship store. Some weeks there's not enough staff but the workload given is ridiculously a lot, to which when its incomplete, management will cut bonuses and scold us.

Pros

The colleagues.

Cons

Long works, ridiculous SOP. Wage is too low for the workload given.

people at that place

- kind - helping each other - caring - people at there sharing their working experience - they teach me how to do the work - working at this place makes me can communicate in Indonesian because of the customer

Fun yet tiring

Learnt so much in cashiering, gift wrapping, customer service and stock-taking. Fun environment to work at with friends and similar age group workers.

fun place to work

I learn a lot at Toys 'R' Us, Cashiering, Merchandising and Customer service. A day at work would be a very normal and busy schedule during weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a fun colleague to work with and there's a lot of things to do so that time will pass quicker.

Nice environment. Old systems.

Environment and team culture is very good. Most of the employees are amicable to one another. Severely understaffed and work is dependent on extremely old systems. Each staff is forced to take up several roles and overloaded on regular basis. Outdated system causes a lot of manual work hence many errors may occur. Heavily reduced efficiency. May require to put in long hours even on non-peak periods.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Bad efficiency from terrible systems used

it was a fun workplace

I will arrange the toys and take care of the aisle. I learn how to assemble the toys. the management was alright. They were quite understanding. the hardest part of the job was to clean up the place after the day ends.

Easy work and Flexible

I learn alot at Toys 'R' Us, Cashiering, Merchandising and Customer service. A day at work would be a very normal and busy schedule during weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a fun colleague to work with and there's alot of things to do so that time will past quicker.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Weak in Communication

fun

Learned cashiering, manager was patient hardest part of the job was to check for stock availability annual party and some gatherings to promote healthy and fun relationship within workers

Pros

flexible hours

Skills for the various roles are taught by the seniors in the team as well as a training session. They have a good communication whereby they have morning briefings to update on the ongoing and upcoming promotions, goals and on what needs to be done by the end of the day. The hardest part would be to handle some customers, usually the seniors would manage them when it is too much for the part-timers and juniors.The most enjoyable would be the culture of the workers whereby they make it seem fun and lively rather than being stressed out.

Pros

Enough time for breaks

Cons

Delays of breaks can be hard for others to cover the shift.

enjoyable

I have learned to communicate well with the customers and also with my colleagues and I feel that I can use that for my future retail job. The difficulties I have gone through is during closing of store when we had to arrange everything back in order.

I dont like it

Managment isnt good work hours too .However floor staffs are good people and are like a family to me .it used to be freelance but the manager changed it thus alot of people are quitting

Pros

good people

Cons

Very bad management

fun and enjoyable workplace

fun and enjoyable workplace.cashering sales loading unloading goods.Co workers are friendly and approachable.overall a happy and funfilled environment.

Fun place to work at

Back when I worked under this company, it was my first job. Overall experience, I've learned a lot in this company and I built up quite a number of skills on how to handle different types of customers. I, too, received positive feedback from customers. Since I was schooling while working, I don't really have time to work after school sometimes and they understood me. Shifts of work was based on the days that I was available. The environment of the job was fun and I made a lot of friends in this company. Everyone understood each other and we worked to achieve the same goals in this company.

Pros

Flexible Shifts

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question