Tricom Events Pte Ltd

Tricom Events Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore3 reviews
My internship happened few years ago.
So I write this review from a perspective of a manager now.

My time at Tricom Events was interesting yet depressing.

It was great working under the leadership and guidance from the 3 bosses, but a nightmare under the managers and executives.

As an intern, I was treated like a troublesome soul. I was keen to learn, always doing my best, yet the insults and flaming happened almost every other day. Still, I have to say that the weekly meetings and onsite execution taught me so much. I treat my interns way better right now for sure.

To addon, on my final day there, the *Supervisor gave me a one sided review about how I have performed as a staff. It was quite a moderate grade and review.

I disagree with her opinion about how this industry is not a good fit for me. It was an opinion based on a few months of observations. And due to the nature of the work, the interaction we had was minimal and communication was always through email.

I enjoyed my time there to en extent for sure. The bosses were great and generous. But the working culture could have been way better. Treating interns better goes a long way for sure.
I learned to push my self to the maximum that I can. Their culture is not very friendly to new people, and you have to earn your spot. Though the rest of the people are friendly, majority of the upper management is very bad.
Cons
Firstly, get brief from event team on project which I am going to work on. I will develop ideas and brainstorming. I will come out with the prototype for the design, space planning for the venue. I will finalize the design with design techniques to be put up for presentation to client.

I have learned how the manage time and meet deadline. I also learned to work on the design based on the budget given.
Pros
Company year end trip
Cons
Endless of revision to projects