TWG Tea

TWG Tea Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews
Balanced work but no room to grow
If you are looking for a stable job without much stress, then this is the place for you. A good place to start when you are just starting out your career but don't stay too long because you will not grow that much. Also a good place for a retirement job.
Very Productive
I enjoyed working in this company because of the environment/location, with my co-employees and the salary & benefits are well. One thing is not so good is Singapore has a high standard for the salary then the company cannot sustained to give more higher salary to the staff.
Productive and fun workplace
My typical day at work starts by arranging the boutique's displays and merchandise, and a bit of cleaning. Accomplish reports and paper works. Check on my colleagues then assist and serve the guests.

I have learned to be flexible, patient, attentive and to always look at the positive side of things because how you are feeling can affect how you do with your job.

I love the diversity of the workplace. I've got colleagues with different nationalities. It's fun and you learn a lot of things everyday.

The hardest part of the job would be to handle customer complaints and misunderstandings with your colleagues but over the years of experience, you'll learn that it's a part and parcel of the work, and you'll learn how to deal with them professionally.

Most enjoyable part of the job would be having friends at work because it'll become your second home, but the best feeling would be having regular guests that always come looking for you whenever they visit the shop. It makes you feel that you are doing your job well.
Great place to work in and good friendship
As day by day goes by, u get to learn different things in different station. Everyday is a new challenge as you get to face various customer request. Colleague around are all treated very friendly and is really a nice place to work in like you are in your 2nd home.
Great place for married people who have kids or other commitments.
Just like any F&B establishment, taking orders, attentive to customers' needs, recommend products.

No proper training in place, however training programme kick-started before I left.

Poor management style, no proper SOPs.

Colleagues were generally friendly & easy to work with.

Confusion on SOPs, communication breakdown as instructions do not get passed down accurately.

The flexibility in schedule & higher than average salary compare to typical F&Bs.
Pros
5-day work week
Cons
No proper management
Great overseas place that made me learn and grow up my career
almost 7 years with TWGTEA made me learn different aspects of the job from scratch to management fields.
Hiring people, firing people, leadership, managing etc
Luxurious and Good Experience
The comapny helps a lot in conducting trainings to everyone to ensure the products knowledge of employees. They also appreciate good employees and giving generously giving incentives to them.
Pros
Meal allowance
Cons
Colleagues all are very nice
It’s a very good working place. As a trainee, full timers are willing to share their knowledge and take care of me. And They renew the production is fast.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TWG Tea?
Non progessive company
Poor unhealthy kitchen due to double standard... unprofessional management. Bad company benefits. Super high class brand but super low class management. No annual increment. Don't join!
Pros
Cons
Lousy managements
good place to learn about the Tea Culture
I came as a waiter and now I am ready to leave as a tea connoisseur, this place is like a Jump in my career as I worked in the whole of Asia, based in Singapore and could experience some work in the middle east as well
Pros
discovery of new cultures
Cons
lack of real leadership
Good salary
Training are provided, attractive salary depends in applicant experience and knowledge. First luxurious Tea company of the world. Reputable company to start building your career.
Pros
Meal allowance provided
Cons
fast paced environment, team spirit
Fast growing company, a lots of opportunity, diverse people and background, luxury products, market leader, give trust and empower their staff,
Challenging but good place to start
- Challenging and demanding
- 6 working days

- Good colleagues

- Very political

- Can learn a lot

- Good place to start your career

- Good salary

- Not good benefits
TWG Tea Summary
In TWG Tea Warehouse, Typically we run productions, every morning we do some outlet orders, sometimes we do an overseas order. I have learned a lot of disciplines, coordination/teamwork.

My co-workers are hardworking despite that in one week can be busy as 2-3 days. The hardest part of the job is that making a mistake by doing an outlet orders. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we receive privileges.
Fun workplace
Love the job and enjoy interacting with different nationalities..I decided to leave as my schedule is very tight since i am a single parent (widowed)..Preferred office hour job..
Pros
Meal allowance
Cons
Shifting
It's a nice place to work. Although it will make me busy because of my environment. A fun place to work I work 6 with OT I learned everything many stuff about tea's and how to mixed. My co-workers are all friendly. Hardest part of the job was standing all day at the production area. The most enjoyable part of it was we finish our work before the time period.
good product and good ambiance at work
l was enjoyed everyday at work
and l learned a lot from my colleagues

the management was great

Have 15 years of experience in making delicious healthy dishes in several restaurant and hotel in France and Singapore. Helps company to pass the HACCP Certificate for a couple of time. Expert in making food at reduced cost without compromising on quality and taste. Have got training from well known chef in France and so expertise in quality procedures and regulations to be followed while making food. Also specialized in preparing menu for the day, with good combinations to attract customers. Can handle high pressure environments and make dishes of good taste and health for large volumes in stipulated time efficiently. Also efficiently managing a team of chefs and cooks and conducted training for them to handle tasks efficiently and make
Pros
no free lunch but we have a meal allowance
Cons
9h per day