TYLin

TYLin Employee Reviews

Not impressed as an intern

As an intern at this company I did not get exposed to very much during my time there. Most of the time my boss was not even around to ask questions and it seemed like they did not have time to teach me to do anything.

Really hard to understand what you need to do

At this location, Managers do not have a clear direction what they want in the projects. You end up doing many iterations for the same work, costing you many more hours of your own time. Not enough with that, when you deliver they do not show any appreciation for the subordinate, and even criticize even more for taking "too much time". Really hard to predict how your week is going to turn, it can go light or overtime every day. Pay is reasonable, although the benefits are not the greatest. No allocated sick time, just regular 15 PTO, Really expense to insure your wife/family, have to pay $100/month for parking at work.

Pros

Working from home at the moment

Cons

Not mentoring, very disorganized way to delegate work.

productive and an easy place to work and they had a ping-pong table.

The engineers I worked with were strongly supportive of me and gave me many opportunities. The San Diego office was expected quality work and gave me the opportunity to do my best.

Solid Company

Nice work environment. Smart , professional workers who were knowledgeable and helpful. TYLIN is a major player in construction engineering field. Would recommend to others.

TY Lin was a great place to work. The people were nice, the environment was very good. I was comfortable working there and had people there to help me.

Great Place to Start

During my time there I endured some challenges but always had the resources with either onsite or office management to overcome them and be successful in the position.

Great workplace

Great place to work and learn.Work environment is one of the greatest I have ever been a part off. Everyone was enjoyable to work alongside and learn from.

Very productive workplace

I got to work on the Cinta Costera bridge with another engineering partner and also was heavily involved in the pursuit of SR 23 Design build that required the entire offices help to win that pursuit.

A constant challenge

The best place I've worked at. Management encouraged innovation, learning and development of different skills. Different project types to work on utilizing different skill sets, never boring.

Pros

Great people and projects.

Cons

Ran out of work

OK work environment

Flexible hours and intelligent peers but lacks formal training and development opportunities for jr. engineers. Also lacks overall company unity and transparency in project pursuits and future growth of the company.

TY Lin International

Good breakfasts on Friday morning. Good crew of young engineers who get the opportunity to learn fast. Unfortunately sometimes without adequate input from senior staff.

制度健全

公司在對人事方面唯才適用 組織健全 學到了橋樑耐震補強 因本身工作多年也學到許多為人處事方式 在公司外派工作裏是有學習到新的工程技術 沒有感到過工作中有困難 因為到何處都要學習 有趣的事太多 除工作外 最有興趣的是與同仁們的相處

Pros

很多學習之處

TY Lin is a Fun Place to Work

T.Y. Lin is a large, international company. But each local office has regional opportunities for success. The work environment is fun, collaborative and open. Regional management is very responsive to needs of staff.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Big company, disconnected corporate management

Excellent Company

T.Y. Lin is an excellent company with a long history of high-profile transportation projects. The projects are variable in size and complexity, and the Chicago office has a good team-based culture.

Working there sucks.

Worst place I ever worked. No employee consideration at all. Everything is about the money. They expect over 50 hours a week with no thought of you having a personal life. I was actually openly referred to as “ A Slave” publicly more then once.

A great team

A typical day I would come in an hour early and turn on the computer systems the lights etc. At which point I would check the schedule in order to determine which jobs needed to be done and in what order. When people came in I would review what needed to be done that day, then we would get to it.

Pros

easy work environment

Cons

high turn over in engineers

Productive and fun place to work

Very professional company with good integrity and ethics. Management does not give orders they give directions. Very good benefits. HR is always there to answer your questions.

Demanding but productive

TYLI was a great company to work for when it initially started in San Diego as the staff was small and there was a huge opportunity for growth. Over the years, the office expanded significantly in the San Diego office and also in Orange County, Riverside and Los Angeles. The San Diego office served as the satellite office for these areas so it became even more demanding as the support staff (Accounting, Marketing, Admin) seem to always be understaffed. At this point it was hard to have a work life balance as with hard deadlines and not enough support. It was very top heavy with many managers and project managers but the support staff remained the same. On a more positive note, TYLI offers great benefits and there were many office events such as holiday parties, happy hours, picnics, etc.

The worst place.

Bad manners president. The company is falling because of bad agreements with Central and South America. No matter how you do your job, if not who you are family.

Incredible, talented engineers developing the most beautiful projects in the world!

Unbelievable talent in creating some of the most beautiful bridges I've ever seen - the majority from highly complex project sites and politically charged situations. Everyone is meticulous about the product delivery. Their President is constantly thinking about better ways to serve their clients and projects; he writes his ideas into a journal he carries with him at all times...an amazing fellow. Employees are welcoming and very friendly!

Still here

As part of our Corporate Finance team and reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant oversees all aspects of specific projects and interfaces closely with Unit Managers, Project Managers and other Finance staff to manage Project Accounting, Project Maintenance, Project Revenue, Expense Analysis and Research, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Company-wide financial reporting and Special Project assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TYLin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TYLin with