U.S. Navy
Coronavirus update
Information from U.S. Navy:

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Singapore11 reviews
Great place to work. A great opportunity to work with the best talent across the globe, in the academia, in the industry, in the government research laboratories, international conferences, and workshops as well as engaging the students.
Your experience in the navy will depend entirely on what job you chose. I got to experience to jobs. Deck seaman was my first job while deployed expect 16 hour work days, poor leadership and a chaotic work environment. My second job was as a mass communication specialist where I was treated with respect and conducted complex and rewarding mission in the south china sea.
20 years may seem like a long time. Not the case when working as a Sailor in the United States Navy. Best experience to get paid to travel the world, start a family knowing everything will be taken care of, and meeting some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of serving with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Dental coverage could be better
Excellent place of work with multi-racial staff and international cultural values.

Managing the U S Facilities within Sembawang Base

Most enjoyable part of the job is to be answerable to the Base Captain only.
Pros
Compensation for extra hours worked.
Cons
Nil
You get what you make from your career in the navy. If you want to go to a ship, a shore station, go to college and see the world that is an opportunity you can take with around 6-8 years of service. The experience pays off. If your Navy job reflects the career you desire outside the Navy then you are the only person that can set and achieve your career goals.
Great benefits, and great pay. Management varies as to where you get assigned and who you're assigned to. Advancement in the Navy is 100% dependent on what your recruiter puts you as, which can make it so you advance super easily, or will face extreme difficulty advancing.
Oversee daily Computer Network Operations, including software / games update.
Daily staff planning (duties, payroll)

Aliasing with hardware / Software vendors, game publishers

Record keeping of software Licensees and Network addresses
Worked extremely well with Program Management and all Senior Leadership. The only drawback was not taking my family which curtailed my position length dramatically. Would work for Parsons- First Defense Service again any day.
Pros
Set work hours; time to work out and clear the mind.
Cons
Heat, high cost of living.
Greatly enjoyed my past 20 years in the Navy. Benefits and training are unmatched and they provide various opportunities to grow.
Pros
Education, Healthcare, Travel, & On the job training.
Cons
Long Deployments, time away from family
The navy is the good life,, if you love traveling to other countries, and adventure, then this is the Job for you. To all of my CS's go FLAG, you get more from the Job, and the job will give to you..
Pros
travel, Pay
Cons
Chief Boards needs to be Governed!!!!!! We are loosing TO MANY GOOD SAILORS
Team work.
Work smart and fast.

Responsible for what you do.