U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Employee Review

Great place to grow personally and professionally

December 26, 2014
Greatly enjoyed my past 20 years in the Navy. Benefits and training are unmatched and they provide various opportunities to grow.
Pros
Education, Healthcare, Travel, & On the job training.
Cons
Long Deployments, time away from family
April 11, 2020
Same location
Great place to work. A great opportunity to work with the best talent across the globe, in the academia, in the industry, in the government research laboratories, international conferences, and workshops as well as engaging the students.
February 27, 2020
Your experience in the navy will depend entirely on what job you chose. I got to experience to jobs. Deck seaman was my first job while deployed expect 16 hour work days, poor leadership and a chaotic work environment. My second job was as a mass communication specialist where I was treated with respect and conducted complex and rewarding mission in the south china sea.
March 6, 2019
Same location
20 years may seem like a long time. Not the case when working as a Sailor in the United States Navy. Best experience to get paid to travel the world, start a family knowing everything will be taken care of, and meeting some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of serving with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Dental coverage could be better
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3