U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Employee Review

One of the best stepping stones

June 7, 2017
You get what you make from your career in the navy. If you want to go to a ship, a shore station, go to college and see the world that is an opportunity you can take with around 6-8 years of service. The experience pays off. If your Navy job reflects the career you desire outside the Navy then you are the only person that can set and achieve your career goals.
April 11, 2020
Same location
Great place to work. A great opportunity to work with the best talent across the globe, in the academia, in the industry, in the government research laboratories, international conferences, and workshops as well as engaging the students.
February 27, 2020
Your experience in the navy will depend entirely on what job you chose. I got to experience to jobs. Deck seaman was my first job while deployed expect 16 hour work days, poor leadership and a chaotic work environment. My second job was as a mass communication specialist where I was treated with respect and conducted complex and rewarding mission in the south china sea.
March 6, 2019
Same location
20 years may seem like a long time. Not the case when working as a Sailor in the United States Navy. Best experience to get paid to travel the world, start a family knowing everything will be taken care of, and meeting some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of serving with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Dental coverage could be better
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3