Here to help
Coronavirus update

UPS Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews
UPS is my first platform of my career in supply chain and logistics.This is where i learned about supply chain and logistics process.Working here really help me to move further in my career.
One has to believe that CHANGE is neccessary to ensure improvement in the work area and excitement at the heart of an employee for greater results.

The employee often detests changes but management have to play its role to ensure that employee does not loose when changes occur.

Therefore, understand where does an employee coming from is very important to build employee/management relationships. As a member of management, we need to ensure that we play our role right and listen to employee attentively and act accordingly. We never should judge an employee based on what we heard of their past experience. This is a major key of my learnings where I treat each employee as an individual friendly but firmly. They are our key success in meeting our goals which we need to consistently share with them of their contributions be it good or bad.
Working at UPS is like working with family members. Quite a helpful environment whenever we need help. Motivating each other in many different ways to achieve the company goal together. I have learned a lot of planning, coordinating and improve knowledge in logistics sectors, warehouse management, transportation, billing, and finance, etc. Liaising with external and internal departments make me improve a lot in communication skills.
The staffs need to take alot OT and end work till mid night during closing period. But the company provided catering and fair OT paid.
That is long history company and well-known in logistic industry.
Pros
OT paid
Cons
long working hour in closing period
- is a good place to work for long
- culture is very US centric MNC

- location is in the east

- Management encourage of develop their own people and grow from within.
UPS is the best company I have ever worked in my life. Management practices Open door policy and interacts well with all staff. Proper training given to all staff whether newcomers or new to the role. Outstanding organisation.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
nothing I can think of
UPS offers diversity but it is not suitable for everyone. While the foreign managers normally leave you alone, you do not always get the sense of satisfaction you desire.
From a small department to globalisation. Was part of the team that help train newbies and set up globalisation. Became leader of the picking team after 6 mths.
Pros
Lots of friends
Cons
racism
One of the most important assets of UPS is the PEOPLE who works
in the company with 110 years of Brand and Passion of Logistics and Express Services.

Safety and Security are the priorities in the workplace.

Every staff is responsible to ensure safety at the workplace.

Everyday , there are challenges and contingencies to prepare for the unexpected. For example , the company ensure that delivery services are on time , and it is been carried with the protection of our society and environment in mind and heart.

Customers Satisfactions are the goals of our Business Scorecards and when the 100percents service liability is achieved, that is the

most enjoyable part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is to work with people with different mindsets , such as indifference and tardiness.

The company overcome the above problems with quality trainings

and group discussions and enrichment programs.

That is why I worked with UPS for 27years.
Pros
Management Incentives and Employee's family benefits
Cons
Nil
Working in UPS is one of the most fulfilling job I ever had. I have gained knowledge in Logistic industry. I got my promotion on the second year and continuous success happened in the next succeeding years. The environment is very friendly and the company value the work life balance.
Ups Gute Bezahlung für wenig Arbeitszeit.
Sozialzahlungen sind auch wichtig gibst auch bei UPS
7years in data entry.
Was transferred to support sales after data entry department was outsource to Clark/Philippines.

3years support 11 outdoor sales providing quotation on air import/export, ocean import/export to customers.

Coordinate with operation and billing departments.

Replay emails and incoming calls from customers.

Submit weekly and monthly reports to customers.

Enjoy working with the team but very heavy load everyday.
you never know what your going to due, everyday it changes, it can change while your running your route, trucks breakdown
benefits
Cons
job sercurity
Daily rountine:
Report to about 15 mins earlier before start of shift to check with present shift colleagues with change over requirements and tasks that need to be performed.

Colleagues are mostly friendly and co-operative.

However due due to my partner in D shift who is not suitable for night shift and was transferred to day shift I was the only team leader in the D shift whereas the other 3 shifts have 2 team leaders each.

As such my performance was considered to be above average and appreciated by higher management and colleagues.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Night Shift 8pm to 8am
UPS is a great organization. In fact, I enjoyed everyday at the organization. There was never a dull day. There was a great emphasis on work/life balance. You had time to socialize.

The organization looked into your personal develop and ensure that you are rewarded for your efforts.

Co-workers were great and there was less politics in the organization.

At the beginning of each year you know what you need to deliver and UPS management works with you to formulate the MBOs.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Nil
Good job security but may not provide good career advancement.
Region management has their hands tied, as most of the decision making are controlled by Corporate.
It is a good international company to be in. People may learn a lot and groom here as well as growing with the company.