Unilever
Coronavirus update
Information from Unilever:

Unilever Employee Reviews

Singapore33 reviews
I wanted to do a career switch and try out e-commerce and I'm glad I was given the opportunity even with not much experience. I would like to advance in this for my future job.
Able to crate strong synergy with the team. Good benefits to employees. Happy place to be in. I would surely introduce my friends to join the company.
Supporter of Work Life balance /Agile Working.
Lots of opportunities to learn

Great Team Culture

Lots of Opportunities for Growth

Marketing with Purpose
Every employees are important to the company. Every day is a learning experience, a fare company where the managers will help their own employees when they ran into an issue.
Pros
free drinks and icecream
It is very good vibrant lively pace and although it is stressful but still a positive engagement with everyone makes for great culture of inclusiveness regardless of work level.
Pros
Good benefits with staff discounted products, flexible work arrangements
Cons
Long hours but happy to do so!
Excellent work culture and environment.

Good HR and company benefits

Multi-cultural environment. Excellent opportunities to network and excel to your maximum potential.

Good pay scale.
Great place to work, excellent focus on sustainability and the planet, focuses on benefiting the society through a number of initiatives, products that we use and recognise everyday. Lots of freedom at work to do more than just job, really depends on your line manager, but overall a very friendly and conducive environment to grow.
Cons
Could be exhausting to understand the organization
Everything you need to know about marketing, you will learn inside the company.

Marketing is the central function so be prepared to go over and beyond marketing
One of the greatest & blessed experienced in my working life. Had a wonderful & great boss. Great working environment that comes will agile and flexible working hour. Would love to work in Unilever again if God will.
Pros
Free drinks, ice creams & staff purchase
Cons
Too flexible on staffs
During my work experience it was full of exciting activities learning about the company and how they make an impact. Great culture learning about the employees.
Worked at Unilever for 10+ years across 3 regions. The culture of the company has remained the same across the different regions, great work life balance.
The best working place I ever had so far, friendly colleagues and great working environment. As a 3rd party employee I love the flexibility of work they promote agile working. Can learn more and enhance communication skill.
The best company i ever had with agile working, this privilege that other company does not offer.
this company is like family, we help each other and I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Agile working
Demanding hours and there is no clear KPIs for the job. Advancement was a political topic and it wasnt dependent clearly on performance. If you're looking for a real marketing job, this is not the place to do it. You'll be learning more on stakeholder management.
Great place to learn and a brilliant work culture. Working at the Singapore branch was one of the best decisions and a great experience.
Pros
Cons
non
colleagues are so nice. work environments are good and also benefit to employee. Although i world there as part time job, i still love there and wan to continue work there.
The atmosphere at Unilever is very nice: people are nice, the work to do is very interesting and the overall location/building are very nice to work in.

The people I worked with really tried to make my experience interesting and exciting as it was my first job "placement".

Because Unilever is such a big company, I didn't have time to be bored, I always had something to do and something new to discover.
Work is always interesting and challenging. Unilever culture allows people to change to different fields and prove their ability to succeed.
working in office with great colleagues will enhance my skills and understanding about business and developing the logics in macros for creating the reports. the hardest part is when the supply planners will not give the requirements on time this will keep delaying the projects to be done on the timeline.
Work life balance is emphasized by the organization allowing people to work from home or on flexible hours when necessary. Benefits are good with free gym membership and dependents medical included.

Downside is the company is very competitive making everyone seeming to be after each other's throats. Politics is very strong in the company where people cannot just sit down and work. You have to always check what is happening and be prepared in case you are the next one to get axed. There is a strong anti-foreigner sentiment among locals which is ridiculous considering this is a multi-national company.

If you can live with the downsides and have a thick skin to deal with irritating politics, then this may be for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Extremely bad office politics
Leading edge in marketing, it provided me the opportunity to really grow in my profession

Good place to work if you want to learn consumer product marketing