UNIQLO
Coronavirus update
Information from UNIQLO:

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Singapore78 reviews
Not bad if you are able to work under pressure and are tech savvy. Friendly colleagues and job environment is an open concept and one thing I like is that you can dress smart casual or just casual to work everyday.
Pros
Can learn a lot
Cons
Stressful and fast paced
get to learn how to increase sales while working with fun and loving colleagues makes everything easy. the toughest part is you will face many different types of colleagues and customers.
Cons
alot to learn
Manager guided and showed me how task should be done and professionally.
my manager folded clothes messed up by customers in a very fast speed and the clothes were really tidy . Im pretty new and could not fold the it as tidy as her, she was a little annoyed by my untidy clothes but overall she's still quite nice and helpful. I dare not stay near her as I do not want to be seen doing something wrongly in front of her again
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Work is really productive but higher ups always have high expectations. Need to meet a minimum number of hours and if it is not met, warnings and sometimes disciplinary actions are taken. Management is not accommodating but instead wants more from individual.
Pros
30% staff discount.
Cons
Work/life balance is bad.
Good management culture with unusual antics. Great workplace with some bubbly co-workers with high energy capacity. Great training and excellent service coaching.
Challenging,fast paced and need to be able to react quickly as we need to be able to adapt to the retail situation.
Nice colleagues but work life balance can be improved.
Working at uniqlo has taught me many valuable life skills such as time management, critical thinking, communication skills and leadership. The management is great considering the fact that the managers will do their best to promote each individual to be a better associate.
This job suitable for those who are fast-paced. During weekends, the store will always be busy and it can be a bit stressful for some. However, it really a good experience to work for the company
there are many underlying chores in uniqlo, beneath all the pretty clothes and cleanliness. depending on your branch, there are probably different spirits in the stores but in my branch, everyone is very encouraging and helpful. especially the collaborative spirit is very obvious, making my first working experience an extremely pleasant one :)
Due to japanese culture,ot is a norm.Never expect to end work on time.It is very fast paced and you have to practically doing something at every hour,min.If there is a huge volume of incoming stock from warehouse,coming to work 30min earlier on top of working hours is complusory.Can expect to work 4 days straight morning or afternoon shift for full timer before rest day.Total working hours per week is confirm more than MOM guideline of 44hours.Break time for first break is one hour,second break is only 30min.Going toilet or drinking water have to inform in-charge.

After clocking in, have to copy down a lot of notes within a certain time frame.A short meeting will commence soon after.After the meeting,everyone will have to say a have a good day of work and bow and go to respective location.

Morning shift starts from 730,8am.End 7pm onwards.Morning duties begin from dusting of shelves,replenishment from delivery of warehouse follow by daily schedule(doing cashier,replenishment at stock room,fitting room,standing at different location of the store to recover tidyness).If position is at front of the store,have to keep shouting "welcome to uniqlo" else will get chide.Cashier will have to do mic announcement for offer items every 5min.

Afternoon shift starts from 1230,1245am.End 11pm onwards.End of the day will be tidying at your respective location with correct size chips,order as well as alignment of clothes.
I learn how to work at a fast paced ,how to replenishing it to the store while the store is open ,how to attract customers ,and also to be able to give the customers need and wants.
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO.

Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area?

What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to
 - more...
Kinda have a bad management by one day gave me closing and the next day morning shift which I don’t have enough sleep. Therefore I felt that is abit tough for me.
The most enjoyable part about working at Uniqlo is to be able to assist customers in "designing" a new look for them on the go. Although some customers are hard to handle, being able to experience and understand different types of apparels are important to meet the required needs of customers.
To be honest uniqlo is stressful when u stress urself! But common there's no easy job that will pay you fairly.. I love working in uniqlo because of the career progression is fast, bonus, salary is good but can increase more due to job is really2 fast paced. Everything that we are doing have timing, time management is really2 important, as a Japanese company its normal and I like it. But not all staff will like it though, I just hope that uniqlo will have company party sort of thing. So and more incentives for supervisor and below so that they will be encourage more to work hard and be more involved in achieving sales target.
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
Store manager and supervisor understands part-timers mostly are students rather flexible with working hours. Looking for job progression not recommended for this job. But if you are a student and working at the same time, this is good place.
Was a part-time service crew member at Uniqlo
Fun working environment, friendly colleagues and supervisor

Easy and simple tasks

Good to develop customer service skills
Pros
Fun and friendly colleagues and supervisor
Cons
Strict lunch hour timings
Most retail jobs are pretty similar with their job scopes. The colleagues at UNIQLO are pretty welcoming and helpful, but it may take a while for individuals to get used to everything as the job scope range can be pretty broad. With stock take and the arranging of shelves, training and guidelines are provided on the spot although it may take some time. Overall a good place for part time work!
A well bonded environment with all employees on every level, regardless of managerial or not. A typical day consists of scheduling and job rotation across different job scopes. This was the best part of the job as we are not restricted to one aspect of the job, and we get to learn everything and anything that goes on within the retail store. Rotating of shifts also allow us to communicate with the employee before and after shifts, that greatly increases the bond and enjoyment of the job.
Pros
Very good discounts for employees, 1.5 times overtime pay, good working locations nearby to amentities
Cons
Always have to clock in overtime due to overwhelming workload
Definitely in order to work at uniqlo an individual needs to be passionate and love their job. Work well with fellow colleagues. Customers always comes first.