UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Singapore96 reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,799 reviews

Productive but stressful

At the start you may feel unwelcome, but overtime you will form lasting friendships. 80% of them are very friendly. The job is very fast paced, not recommended for anyone who cannot adapt quickly; people will talk. If you have a hard time managing school, don’t apply to work here, hours can stretch until midnight. Will learn a lot on customer service. Very high turnover, even in just one week. The staff discount is a big plus.

Pros

Staff discount Career progression

fast-paced and toxic environment

They expect you to know everything even when it's your first day there, continuous standing for hours and hours and no sitting is allowed in the stockroom. You are expected to learn super fast about clothing placements and will be tasked to put loads and loads of clothes to where they belong without a problem. The store I worked at is the biggest UNIQLO in Singapore. Worked for about a few months and hated it. Pretty embarrassing for a first-timer to respond "I'm not sure" to a customer when they ask you where something is. Colleagues don't even acknowledge you or they just look down on you. If you don't know something you get scolded for it and same if you voice out your questions. Fast-paced and toxic colleagues.

decent job for students especially

job is decentlong working hoursquite tiring but a decent working environmentcareer progression is present but the salary increment is not amazing..

Pros

free clothes once a month

Cons

long working hours

Competitive, Fast pace and Stressful

Management can be toxic but can be helpful High standard of skill (ex. cleaning, customer service, and cashiering)Need to shout welcome to Uniqlo nonstopNeed to smile and perform well

Pros

Free clothing Staff discount

Cons

Low salary

Just toxic.

If ure young and u want to experience what toxic workplace feels like uniqlo is the best place. They literally do not care about your well being. Just don't ever work there.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long hours, mean superior

Not a good place to work in jewel Changi Airport

Staff are very pretentious. First day a senior staff said need to learn fast Second day another management staff said don’t stress yourself. greeted customer but on the checklist paper they mark me as unfriendly and did not greet.

Pros

Staff discount 30%

Cons

part time and full time work load are the same, need to ask customer feedback always to do product review for the company, If full time cannot finish their load the part timer will get drag in their mess as well.

Stressful. What else do you expect from a retail company?

What else is there to say other than super stressful? Expected to work hours on end with little compensation and everything needs to be perfect. You'll get scolded for practically everything. Don't know how to do something? Get scolded. You ask for clarification because you're unsure? Get scolded because you're supposed to know, even if you're new. Even the tiniest mistake will get you scolded. You're bound to feel as if you can't do anything right very soon. Not worth it if you want to keep your mentality intact.

Stressful

stressful company expect u to learn fast. Put u one person to die nobody will help u cause they are also busy expecting are also very high from store managers

Eye Opening and Fun

It's a fast paced environment with lots of knowledge to learn. Always something new each time and fun to work with friends who have common interest in serving customers till satisfaction

Good job culture and management

I'm very lucky to have good colleagues and manager they are very help full and team player, can get promote every 3 months if you are a hard working.

team leader

you need to set a good example for team mates and I learn visual merchandising, they also have a customer service leader from time to time to monitor the staff on the sales floor.

Horrible experience

Even after working for almost a year, i was not able to finish my probation that they promised i would get after 3 months. Staff and management there are often fake and delusional and only ever ask you for work when it's convenient for them. Whatever that they try to imbed in your brain of how good the brand is and what they "stand for" are all lies. Perhaps, in retrospect, i shouldn't have high expectations but that was what the job culture was all about lol. I was only a part-timer and obviously needed to attend school but that was the least of their concerns (so much for wanting to be understanding). They told me to compensate for the week that i had exams and could not attend work. Mind you, i have been working my butt off before school started till i was given a warning letter since i exceeded my hours and that was only because i had the time. Some of the other part-timers were being understood when it comes to school and gets the free pass.There is definitely biasness when you're at work and that just outweighs the whole "opportunity to grow for employees" because they only ever pick on the ones that they like. The only sane people at my store are the part-timers and some of the full-timers (even the full-timers agree).This job does have good learning points and it is expected to learn them the hard way and only people who can take it will be able to survive the job culture there (which is unnecessary to even begin with). All that the management team knows what to do is to threathen and instill fear on their staff like as they're literal robots (unless they're bias -

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Staff wellness, long working hours

Productive and Fun Workplace

The best part about working in retails is that you are able to make friends with your colleagues and work together to achieve the company's sales target together.

Productive and Fun environment

Well, the job in UNIQLO SG is not easy as a Japanese company you'll have to adapt with the how Japanese work. But overall, career wise I recommend Uniqlo as the company gives all staff 4 times chance to get promoted in a year and gives a very good benefits for its employees.

Pros

Career growth

Cons

Tiring

The job specifications told at first were all LIES

So, I had applied for the part-time retail associate at uniqlo. I went for the interview and they said that I would have to work 20 hours a week. The work timing will be flexible and I would be to work on any day. All of this looked very appealing to me as the requirements were quite easy to follow for a student, which I was when I applied for the job. The interviewer said that I would be able to work on any day at any-time, as long as I complete 20 hours in a week. When I got the job and read the contract, it stated that "You are required to work at least 4 days per week at a total minimum of 20 hours per week as per duty roster drawn up by your Superior. Any non-working days shall be deemed as off days.", all quoted from my contract, nothing changed by me. When I join, they tell me on the first day I have to work on the WEEKENDS, COMPULSORY. And on the weekends, I have to work until the shop closes at the end of thee day. None of this was specified by the interviewer and written in the contract. I was like okay, a bit of a stretch, but I can deal with those terms. When I tell my superior my duty roster, they state that my breaks are NOT included in my 20 hours. Now, in my previous part-time jobs, this was not a thing and even it was they would specify it when applying. THE PEOPLE AT UNIQLO TELL SOOOO MANY REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK AFTER APPLYING.When I join the job, I was told that I would be entitled to a free set of clothes. I got NONE OF THAT. All the entitlements they said I might have were all LIES.ABSOLUTELY ANGRY AND THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN TO THE EMPLOYER -

Pros

The pay was decent: $8.20 per hour

Cons

Never given the full information

productive and fun working environment

get to learn how to increase sales while working with fun and loving colleagues makes everything easy. the toughest part is you will face many different types of colleagues and customers.

Cons

alot to learn

Fast paced

Not bad if you are able to work under pressure and are tech savvy. Friendly colleagues and job environment is an open concept and one thing I like is that you can dress smart casual or just casual to work everyday.

Pros

Can learn a lot

Cons

Stressful and fast paced

fun but a little stressful

Manager guided and showed me how task should be done and professionally. my manager folded clothes messed up by customers in a very fast speed and the clothes were really tidy . Im pretty new and could not fold the it as tidy as her, she was a little annoyed by my untidy clothes but overall she's still quite nice and helpful. I dare not stay near her as I do not want to be seen doing something wrongly in front of her again

Pros

staff discount

Cons

Productive but have high expectations.

Work is really productive but higher ups always have high expectations. Need to meet a minimum number of hours and if it is not met, warnings and sometimes disciplinary actions are taken. Management is not accommodating but instead wants more from individual.

Pros

30% staff discount.

Cons

Work/life balance is bad.

Fun but strict management

Good management culture with unusual antics. Great workplace with some bubbly co-workers with high energy capacity. Great training and excellent service coaching.

Dynamic

Challenging,fast paced and need to be able to react quickly as we need to be able to adapt to the retail situation. Nice colleagues but work life balance can be improved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UNIQLO