UNIQLO
UNIQLO Employee Review

Horrible hideous workplace

August 5, 2018
Don’t work in this company if possible avoid it! Must work faster, given just 5 mins to complete the task, have to greet louder. Stupid idiot company’
Pros
Vending machine that sells cheap drinks situated inside the staff room
Cons
Long hrs & annoying managers telling you to work faster.
December 18, 2018
Same role
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Singapore
Part time is paid $7.50 per hour excluding break time. You have to come at least 10 mins early to write some notes and you wont be paid for that fyi. Based on my opinion, if you want to have fun working here , it actually depends on what kind of colleagues you have. Some might be very toxic and some is very helpful and nice. I once asked one of the team leaders to guide me on the skill that would help me to promote but nothing happen and im still in the same position for the past 1 year already so i decided to quit. I recommend you to to find a retail job that pays you higher that this.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
biased, long hours
October 10, 2018
Same role
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) - Orchard
It was great working there I personally grew a lot because I was not limited to one job role but I got to do so many things in the store. Everyone there is friendly and they're willing to help you when you ask.
October 15, 2020
Same location
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Jem
So, I had applied for the part-time retail associate at uniqlo. I went for the interview and they said that I would have to work 20 hours a week. The work timing will be flexible and I would be to work on any day. All of this looked very appealing to me as the requirements were quite easy to follow for a student, which I was when I applied for the job. The interviewer said that I would be able to work on any day at any-time, as long as I complete 20 hours in a week. When I got the job and read the contract, it stated that "You are required to work at least 4 days per week at a total minimum of 20 hours per week as per duty roster drawn up by your Superior. Any non-working days shall be deemed as off days.", all quoted from my contract, nothing changed by me. When I join, they tell me on the first day I have to work on the WEEKENDS, COMPULSORY. And on the weekends, I have to work until the shop closes at the end of thee day. None of this was specified by the interviewer and written in the contract. I was like okay, a bit of a stretch, but I can deal with those terms. When I tell my superior my duty roster, they state that my breaks are NOT included in my 20 hours. Now, in my previous part-time jobs, this was not a thing and even it was they would specify it when applying. THE PEOPLE AT UNIQLO TELL SOOOO MANY REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK AFTER APPLYING.When I join the job, I was told that I would be entitled to a free set of clothes. I got NONE OF THAT. All the entitlements they said I might have were all LIES.ABSOLUTELY ANGRY AND THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN TO THE EMPLOYER - more...
Pros
The pay was decent: $8.20 per hour
Cons
Never given the full information
  1. Horrible hideous workplace