UNIQLO
UNIQLO Employee Review

Overworked and underappreciated

November 25, 2019
Uniqlo is an amazing store to shop at as a customer, but that is only because store employees are worked like dogs. Management tries to be efficient with having one worker take on a variety of tasks to the point it becomes difficult and stressful to complete any at all. Company-specific procedures of two team meetings daily where you note and are quizzed on daily business stats and best-selling items is very pedantic. Working hours are long and start very early (6:30/7:00am) or end very late (11:00/11:30pm). This makes it really difficult to maintain a work life balance, and overall left me feeling very depressed about my quality of life. On a positive note, this work experience taught me a lot about working hard and fast in time-pressured environments, and how to deliver strong customer service. The people I worked with were really friendly, fun, and supportive whenever you needed them to be.
November 12, 2020
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) - Singapore
The best part about working in retails is that you are able to make friends with your colleagues and work together to achieve the company's sales target together.
November 1, 2020
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) - Singapore
Well, the job in UNIQLO SG is not easy as a Japanese company you'll have to adapt with the how Japanese work. But overall, career wise I recommend Uniqlo as the company gives all staff 4 times chance to get promoted in a year and gives a very good benefits for its employees.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Tiring
October 15, 2020
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Jem
So, I had applied for the part-time retail associate at uniqlo. I went for the interview and they said that I would have to work 20 hours a week. The work timing will be flexible and I would be to work on any day. All of this looked very appealing to me as the requirements were quite easy to follow for a student, which I was when I applied for the job. The interviewer said that I would be able to work on any day at any-time, as long as I complete 20 hours in a week. When I got the job and read the contract, it stated that "You are required to work at least 4 days per week at a total minimum of 20 hours per week as per duty roster drawn up by your Superior. Any non-working days shall be deemed as off days.", all quoted from my contract, nothing changed by me. When I join, they tell me on the first day I have to work on the WEEKENDS, COMPULSORY. And on the weekends, I have to work until the shop closes at the end of thee day. None of this was specified by the interviewer and written in the contract. I was like okay, a bit of a stretch, but I can deal with those terms. When I tell my superior my duty roster, they state that my breaks are NOT included in my 20 hours. Now, in my previous part-time jobs, this was not a thing and even it was they would specify it when applying. THE PEOPLE AT UNIQLO TELL SOOOO MANY REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK AFTER APPLYING.When I join the job, I was told that I would be entitled to a free set of clothes. I got NONE OF THAT. All the entitlements they said I might have were all LIES.ABSOLUTELY ANGRY AND THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN TO THE EMPLOYER - more...
Pros
The pay was decent: $8.20 per hour
Cons
Never given the full information
  1. Overworked and underappreciated