UNIQLO
UNIQLO Employee Review

Terrible

November 1, 2019
I dreaded work everyday. The day would start off with a team talk which you have to come to work ten minutes early in order to prepare for. If you come on time then "you're late". The staff are patronising and lifeless, you will do double the workload for what you are paid for. By the end of the shift your feet and back will be completely numb from all the constant standing, bending, lifting, walking, pushing and barely any sitting. You will be spoken to like a child by someone who barely speaks English and receive nothing but dirty looks in return to saying Good Morning. Why do you think this place always has vacancies open? People would leave just days after getting the job and I'm not even exaggerating, it's degrading and is not worth it even if it was the last job on Earth. See for yourself.
Pros
some people are cool but that's all
Cons
long hours, unfair rules, rude managers
November 12, 2020
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) - Singapore
The best part about working in retails is that you are able to make friends with your colleagues and work together to achieve the company's sales target together.
November 1, 2020
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) - Singapore
Well, the job in UNIQLO SG is not easy as a Japanese company you'll have to adapt with the how Japanese work. But overall, career wise I recommend Uniqlo as the company gives all staff 4 times chance to get promoted in a year and gives a very good benefits for its employees.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Tiring
October 15, 2020
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Jem
So, I had applied for the part-time retail associate at uniqlo. I went for the interview and they said that I would have to work 20 hours a week. The work timing will be flexible and I would be to work on any day. All of this looked very appealing to me as the requirements were quite easy to follow for a student, which I was when I applied for the job. The interviewer said that I would be able to work on any day at any-time, as long as I complete 20 hours in a week. When I got the job and read the contract, it stated that "You are required to work at least 4 days per week at a total minimum of 20 hours per week as per duty roster drawn up by your Superior. Any non-working days shall be deemed as off days.", all quoted from my contract, nothing changed by me. When I join, they tell me on the first day I have to work on the WEEKENDS, COMPULSORY. And on the weekends, I have to work until the shop closes at the end of thee day. None of this was specified by the interviewer and written in the contract. I was like okay, a bit of a stretch, but I can deal with those terms. When I tell my superior my duty roster, they state that my breaks are NOT included in my 20 hours. Now, in my previous part-time jobs, this was not a thing and even it was they would specify it when applying. THE PEOPLE AT UNIQLO TELL SOOOO MANY REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK AFTER APPLYING.When I join the job, I was told that I would be entitled to a free set of clothes. I got NONE OF THAT. All the entitlements they said I might have were all LIES.ABSOLUTELY ANGRY AND THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN TO THE EMPLOYER - more...
Pros
The pay was decent: $8.20 per hour
Cons
Never given the full information