UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

I really enjoy working with the people I have met since starting the job, you really do make good friends. Although the negative side of it is that managements communication can be really bad and in the store I worked in, it's sometimes hard and stressful to keep a happy head at work when all you want is a good bond with management and the whole team.
A typical day at work consisted of handling customer needs as well as fulfilling daily appointed tasks while maintaining a tidy work and sales area. I learned how to process and ship material, manage a cash register, how to communicate with and assist customer in an orderly and respectful manner, and how to prioritize and manage my work in accordance to given schedules. The management team was very strong in organizing and mapping out the weeks for the team. They were there for one on one training as well as group training sessions. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the specific rituals required by the corporation and managing time around a busy work schedule.
A tyipical day at work you would start with a mornig meeting there you would be told where you are working thoughout the day. Then you would go to you working area and do the job in hand. At the end of the day you would have another meeting to say if you had meet targets thoughout the day.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hard
The first time I step foot into the store I was full of awe and from that moment I was longing for a job in UNIQLO. After passing the never ending interviews, I had finally secured a position as a Customer Advisor. Working for UNIQLO has definitely been a challenge and has been more than I had anticipated. Opening shifts start at 07:00 which gave me hardly any time to arrive, put my belongings in the locker and quickly scribble down the sales target, top five items, the Hanbai and get a lecture on average basket quantity and how basket quantity helps figures.... (yawn) Starting of as a Christmas temp rookie meant that the manager in charge of the rota would give all the cleaning to the rookies... everyday. My time spent in UNIQLO consisted largely on cleaning, where for two months I was hoovering the same floor and forced to pick tiny dustballs which basically reproduce every second. One of the things that inspired me about the store was the fact it allowed people to grow and become more confident. As a shy person being forced to smile 24/7 and being over the top friendly was out of my comfort zone however although I felt as I was improving, I felt management overlooked my effort. Working in UNIQLO I felt everything was disciplined where staff at one point were given discussions over missing number tags from the fitting room and were given more grief than gratitude. A part of the job I really enjoyed and one of the reasons I carried on with the job were my colleagues who always made me smile and always helped me whenever I needed help. One thing I disapproved was - more...
Pros
Colleagues, Development of work ethic
Cons
Bias Management, Never ending cleaning, Tough work environment
Everyday at work, there will be something new to learn, whether it is dealing with customers or communicating with the staff. When I first started there was so much to learn and to look forward to, such as building confidence to deal with customers who have queries or working together as a team to achieve our targets or monthly objectives. Uniqlo are very keen on teaching staff members their Japanese culture and morals. I came to understand how important customer service is and the aspects of exceeding customer expectations. Throughout the experience I built a very strong relationship with the management, because they were very approachable and they were always open to teach me. However at times, management should have more understanding of our job and be more appreciative. My colleagues showed me and made me understand how crucial it is to be a team. I have come to understand how important being a team player and supporting other members of staff. The most challenging moments in this job was that the job was very repetitive. However I believe that the team that I was with, made it more bearable. Throughout the year, I came to undertake the launch of Uniqlo Kids Wear. This was one of their new collection that were in high demands. My responsibilities was the incoming stock and taking care of the section. I was taught how to read the sale figures and understand the ordering of the stock. This became the most enjoyable part of the job because I was responsible for my own section and I was able to communicate to my line manager on a different level other than customer - more...
Pros
Learning how to provide excellant customer advisors, understand how to work hard.
Cons
Pay should be more, more appreciation from management side.
stressful at times, exposed to many different culture. Work with awesome people. It's what you make it.
Typical day at work? Always expect the worst. Your only motivation there is any possible friends you make at the job. The management is horrible. Hardest part is that your constantly moving while dealing with the worst managers/supervisors you can think of. The enjoyable part? The enjoyable part is when you're on your breaks and your shift is over. However, advancing is fairly easy to do.
Pros
Pay rate, hours, Advancing is easy
Cons
Very good experience,helping customers and managing stocks. The management was OK and the team was amazing.
I learn that iam a team player and I like to get the job done correctly
Working on Fifth Avenue in New York was a great experience. I loved my coworkers and I enjoyed what I did. The management, however, was somewhat confusing. They weren't responsible and blamed everyone else.
Pros
Break-Time
Long working hours involving dedicated hard work and efficiency. Good quality and high standards require.Friendly co-workers, lively working environment.Good advancement opportunities and great chances to working globally.
Pros
great chances for self-development and career development.
Cons
tough work.