UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Uniqlo attempts to a work culture of unity and diversity which works managers tend to push work and projects on employees during peak hours causing frustrations. Many of my co workers are enjoyable people who are a pleasure to work with. Customers tend to be over bearing and over demanding expecting to be treated like a king by a worker who is making minimum wage. Hours are rather cut easily from workers causing a lack of sufficient workers during the day if there are call outs. Managers try to keep employee morale up and host monthly events.
It was Okay. Working for the company Wish I could've had another opportunity. The people love this store. The different varieties of clothing and other accessories.
Good culture Great people Great environment Friendly staff Agreeable times Good products Nice staff Willing to work around schedule Nice managers
Cons
Na
The day at Uniqlo starts off with a reading of the numbers of the companies sales from the prior day and then what our goal is for the day ahead. You close the meeting with the 5 standard phrases which are supposed to build morale. Then you are assigned a zone in the store to focus on for the day...shifts usually range from 8-9 hours. I worked at the Atlantic Terminal location and it was cool once i started off initially. It was painful with the opening and closing shifts because with the opening you'd have to make it to the store by 7am and with closing shifts you could be in the store until about midnight. The people (other employees) there honestly make the job worth coming into everyday. Management on the other hand is another story, nothing but complete nepotism at this location. Uniqlo follows a set list of rules that they expect ALL of their employees to understand and respect. Specific managers at this location abused the rules and used their titles to do what they want, even firing people unfairly. If you apply to this company, be aware of what you're getting into. At this location I learned time management, and striving for nothing but the best in terms of presentation. The company really drives you to be better than you are even if it feels like they constantly pick at your flaws. I learned more from my colleagues than I did from management and I'm not saying that all of management is bad but there are people in power at this location who only got their title because they were favorites of the stores general manager. Other than that, the people honestly - more...
Pros
cool employees, fun
Cons
management, long shifts
The culture of the company is very strict so managers are very particular with how employees interact with customers as well as maintaining a very high sales floor standard. I learned really valuable skills such as customer service, how to manage a cash wrap, and how to perfectly fold garments. What was difficult about the job was scheduling. I am a student so I only applied for a part-time position, but the number of days I would be scheduled in a week varied too often. They give hours based on whether the store makes the goal on a consistent basis. This resulted in my working weeks varying from two days a week to five.
really taught a lot of information to new employees, made a great environment to work in as well as trained all their employees very well. Strict work schedule, no advance notice on shifts which are assigned somewhat randomly. Strict management, but not overly.
It's a very comforting work space. Everyone is serious, yet friendly with what they do. It's a job you can make work for you. Lastly, it's a place where everyone works seamlessly with everyone else.
Pros
Free water, 30% discount on items
Cons
Closing shifts are a handful
I was very upset for the inability to maintain a work life balance. The management would demand overtime ever shift. Sometimes I wouldn’t get off work until 2 or 3 in the morning.
A typical day at work would be fun. keeping things organized also learning how to body fold. I learned that customers are always first, also we learned about our sales product what was selling and also not selling. Management was awesome as well they made sure our in employees was up to date with store knowledge. The work place culture was cool you get too interact with different ethnicity. TO be honest i havent anything at the job. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy to buy our clothes that was top of the line.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
healthcare
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIQLO?
Great place to learn the value of working a job that can offer you 40 hours without being officially on the full time staff. You will get the chance to show your growth .
This is a great place to work if you like to work a lot of hours and make good money. It's retail so they usually always need people to stay later as long as they have the hours to provide. They are very focused on sales and following the company's way of doing things so at times it may feel like boot camp but as you work there longer you grow to understand the reasoning behind it. Promotions are often and are based on how well you perform your job.
Pros
Good pay, fast paced, extra hours, room for advancement
Cons
Strict, no paid time off, may have to stay and work later
constant talk of product knowledge, organizing the merchandise, stocking and restocking, color knowledge, precision folding, dusting and customer service
Pros
discounts
Cons
the job
Working at UNIQLO was a fantastic opportunity that really helped me explore team building and hone my customer service skills.The staff I worked with was knowledgeable and very willing to help. It was both a laid back environment and a motivated one.
Supervisors thinks that have more power than the manager, rude and lazy coworkers that just wander around so they don't do any job at all. They would give you rewards once a month to try to reach a selling goal like a $20 Starbucks card.
Pros
discount on the clothes
Cons
short breaks
The way the store runs is ridiculous, promotes workers who slack off while degrading the workers who actually do the work. Supervisors/Managerment would talk to workers with no respect and associates who responded back would get a write up so all you could do was take disrespect.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Supervisors and managers are useless
The managers did not care about school schedules and would make you work on days where you needed to be home doing school work. They also ask you level of availability and never follow it and treat you like they are drill sergeants and you are soldiers.
Good hours, Good paycheck for young students who need a decent amount of money to survive in NYC. But very little regard for perosnal and academic life.
Pros
advancement, pay
Cons
bad management, rudeness and elitism
Uniqlo is a great work environment. The workers are great to work with and friendly. The managers re there to help and not just tell you what to do.
Management displays favoritism but if you can deal with that you can deal with the job. It is a great environment to grow in, if management likes you. Hours are great but the minimum requirements leave you with little time for your personal life.
A typical day at Uniqlo is a mixture between challenging and easygoing. You can go from being in the stock room for half of the day to only customer servicing for the other half. Working here i've learned that being an associate is not easy and a lot of responsibilities come with it. Management works with the associates well because they work around our school schedules as long as it meets the requirements of the store. The hardest part of the job is staying late hours past my shift and the most enjoyable part is interacting with new people everyday.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
staying late hours
Very detail oriented. Have the opportunity to move up relatively fast within the company. Teaches you about sizing, color order, cleanliness, customer interaction, etc.