UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews in New York, NY

This was my first actual retail job, I had a part time position and I was excited to finally be working and making my own money. It was great the first few weeks to months but it started to become extremely draining. Though I was part time I was given 39 hour shifts every single week, not that I minded too too tough but having to be approved for over time it seemed a bit ridiculous, for all that might as well made it full time and added the benefits. Even then I would of had to wait until moving to full time was an available option. Closing and Opening weren't the best, Openings slightly easier since you could leave early (7am- 4pm). Closings were a nightmare.. Closes were 2 hrs after closing time, so that meant we didnt finish until 11. Cool. But some nights it would stretch. Which meant I wasn't getting home until 12:30 to 1am. Which started to lead to a burnout. The culture can be strict, it's very particular. Things need to be a certain way and standard which I get that's how the business structure is. But eventually it takes a toll on you. Everything had to be basically perfect. Honestly what did it for me, I had a fold on a sweater I was trying to fix after being told to straighten it up and banged my finger and couldn't fold ( probably a pinched nerve) went to the bathroom and just cried. Couldn't keep up with it, the expectation, the perfection, and the lack of work life balance. That did it for me... other than that my co-workers were amazing people. They were great, they truly were lifting when days were hardest. So, you'll meet great people. The discount is great - more...
Pros
Co-workers, Discounts, First Looks
Cons
Long hours, Management, Over Perfectionism
This place is more like a cult than an actual place to work. The mangers are often inconsiderate and rude who spend their time excusing their behavior by toting the company line of "if you work hard you'll move up to our position!" However, the company mostly values ten times the amount of work for pay and use the constant threat of firing to get employees to move faster and deal with constant abuse. Don't work here if you have a choice. For a minimum wage job you can find any other retail company that would treat you better and give you far better benefits than working for this toxic place.
Got this job because of school. Most the employees are fellow college students who must endure the stress this job will give you. A typical day at the flagship store is long and busy filled with tourist undoing every single stack you just folded which is typical retail but this place, man just overdoes it.1. The interview is done in group. They sit you down and start asking where you see yourself in 5 years etc. Followed by group orientation where they basically tell you everyone even your coworkers can be shoplifters. This is the most stressed part of the orientation.2. Now onto the hardest most stressful part of the job. You have closing/opening meetings every single shift. You must scream their phrases and memorize them by heart or else you will be singled out. You must remember the color charts and the cut of the clothes. You must carry your pouch and name tag, the dress code is basically anything they sell. Said pouch will be randomly inspected for your phone lol. You will be assigned what time you start but forget about what time you leave because you can be there till 2 am regardless if your done with your assigned area. If there is still a whole bunch of stuff undone, you will be forced to stay until its finished and it can be bins and bins of clothes, while your other coworkers who are cooler with management have left hours ago. Those bins and bins of clothes MUST be folded with their techniques or else you will have to refold them again. If you ever gone to a Uniqlo store you would see how perfectly folded these clothes are. This is due to the employee folding and - more...
Pros
Employee discount, hour break
Cons
Work ethic, unrealistic expectations, no set job description
Overall great co-workers from managerial/ supervisory team to associates. Very supportive work environment. They allowed me to work nights on weekdays to accommodate my day job.
Pros
Hour long lunch, great culture, supportive managers, flexible schedules
Cons
Being a retail wage slave
There was always something to d, whether it be helping a customer with a size, personal shop with guests, help maintain the checkout line short, or assist with a layout change on the sales floor.
This job is good for students who need a part time job, they have a lot of shifts and are flexible. Management is okay, but the coworkers are amazing. Work is easy, mainly just folding clothes.
Pros
1 hour break, coworkers, easy job
Cons
benefits only if you are full time
Just save yourself a headachemanagement is very immature, favortism is at an all time high, you won't get promoted if you are not liked even if you are good at your job
Pros
Benefits if you are full-time, hour break
Cons
management is very immature, favortism is at an all time high, you won't get promoted you are not liked even if you are good at your job
my time was fun overall, they had an amazing work culture you everyday there was always fun as you co works become more like family as they a chance to learn new skill that help you develop your problem solving skills as there be times that you can't ask a help on every problem that may happen. They show how work fast on your feet as depending on the location. but overall a great start if you want to grow as person or climb the ladder in the company.
Everything is amazing to work here! All responsibility is clear and it motive members! Salary is also really reasonable vs, workload. Benefit is also secured.
Very good place to learn ins and outs of retail. Fast paced and high energy. Learn to fold and talk to customers that may need help. Great place to advance in.
An ever-changing high volume fast paced work environment, UNIQLO provides its employees with great working hours and management is fun and friendly. The work environment is exceptionally clean, spacious, bright and colorful. The clothes are not just fabrics...they're technology!
working at a retail is very new to me. Uniqlo is is a well organized company that is very big on customer service and proving the best quality for its customers. The management at Uniqlo is extremely impressive and they are very encouraging. What I love most about it is how diverse the employee are, however my time at Uniqlo has come to an end due to the fact that I had to take care of some personal business.
A typical day depends on when the day starts. There's cleaning, restocking clothes, helping customers look for items, and making sure the clothes look neat at the end of the day. It's mostly simple work once you get the hang of it.
The typical workday is usually busy plenty of customer coming in and out I learned that you must come there with your game face ready to work at all times Management isn't really focused on employees promotion status The hardest part of the job is dealing with the long sometimes endless lines on the cash wrap The best part of the job is the work environment and the employees are really friendly and easy going
This job is great to give you your first retail experience. I went from part-time to full-time in less than a year and there are quarterly promotions as a sales associate. This job teaches discipline and you must be on time.
Working here wasn’t the worst, but it also wasn’t the best. Balancing my school life and work life was hard, but I think that was mostly because my school schedule was hard to work around. Sometimes it does feel like employees aren’t valued too much, like the only thing some managers care about is just selling to the customers.
Not a place to be for a long time. It’s a good place to earn some money if you really need a job management isn’t the greatest. People come and go a lot.
I'm a college student that started working at Uniqlo maybe a month or so ago and it has already dissatisfied me extremely. I'm rather observant, and the company will lie to you at interviews about the growth you're able to make, it's all fake. There's no room for promotion unless you're favorited which is rare because managers are super strict about doing everything the 'Uniqlo' way. I don't even know where to start. Management has been the absolute worse. They target hiring college students but when you are hired, they won't let you change your schedule for school purposes- even at desperate times. They're rude and playoff your issues and act like they are busy when they're mainly just chatting with each other in an office all day. I have only worked there for a short amount of time and have already had them miss a day on my paycheck and another one of my paychecks was late two weeks. Although I personally may have not needed the money- some people rely on this job to provide for bills and it's highly unprofessional. They will blame issues on the system when it's their own fault, but still, expect us to put 100% on work when they can't even compensate their employees on time. Managers also have a huge issue with communication with one another and you could be placed doing something else other then what's on your schedule just to be complained later by another manager asking you why you were there when it wasn't planned. Managers develop a petty attitude, I guess it comes with the job. The biggest issue all goes back to management. They make you feel bad about tiny things, - more...
only work here if you really need the money and have no other options. you will work like a slave and then some with no recognition at all, only more criticism. think of the "Asian household" and never being good enough and this is exactly it 2x
Negative culture with abrasive management discouraging you at every turn. Dishonest co-workers only looking out for themselves. Terrible hours with no flexibility in the scheduling.
You will learn a lot that can be used as you grow in your career. Take in as much information as you can, it will definitely be applicable through out life.