UNIQLO

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

I really enjoy working with the people I have met since starting the job, you really do make good friends. Although the negative side of it is that managements communication can be really bad and in the store I worked in, it's sometimes hard and stressful to keep a happy head at work when all you want is a good bond with management and the whole team.
I have never worked for a company like this before. They expect you to work like robots and know everything off hand without being taught or shown anything at all. I used to be talked to like a child by supervisors and managers. They expect you to do everything under the sun for only £8.50 p/h and offer no support. Extremely poor management. And other staff members are horrible and miserable too.
Pros
Cons
They force you do do overtime
As previously mentioned, Uniqlo was an environment I am comfortable with as it taught me various skills within retail such as, providing the highest quality of customer service, completing tasks to a Japanese standard (Japanese Company) and working efficiently within a team
You will be able to develop a lot on customer service skills and management skills especially in retail business. This job also trained you on communication.
I have had a fair share of retail jobs in my life time but Uniqlo Stratford was by far the worse store I have ever worked at. I filled out a holiday request form weeks prior to my holiday (for graduation), was told a few days before that if I didn't come to work during the days I requested off that I could potentially be fired. They didn't bother to give me proper notice. The management in this store is incompetent, lazy and do not care about employees. The long shifts and hard work you do for the store is completely overlooked as they know you can be easily replaced. In my personal experience, there are better retail jobs out there so please avoid this place if you can.
lots of useful skills learned in retail through this company and very professional, however loads of overtime due to shopfloor never being tidy on time.
Uniqlo is an amazing store to shop at as a customer, but that is only because store employees are worked like dogs. Management tries to be efficient with having one worker take on a variety of tasks to the point it becomes difficult and stressful to complete any at all. Company-specific procedures of two team meetings daily where you note and are quizzed on daily business stats and best-selling items is very pedantic. Working hours are long and start very early (6:30/7:00am) or end very late (11:00/11:30pm). This makes it really difficult to maintain a work life balance, and overall left me feeling very depressed about my quality of life. On a positive note, this work experience taught me a lot about working hard and fast in time-pressured environments, and how to deliver strong customer service. The people I worked with were really friendly, fun, and supportive whenever you needed them to be.
If you can withstand horrible management team that does not respect hard workers and cannot get your shifts right after a year of working there, this job is for you. Only perks were the pay and 30% discount - even on sale items.
I dreaded work everyday. The day would start off with a team talk which you have to come to work ten minutes early in order to prepare for. If you come on time then "you're late". The staff are patronising and lifeless, you will do double the workload for what you are paid for. By the end of the shift your feet and back will be completely numb from all the constant standing, bending, lifting, walking, pushing and barely any sitting. You will be spoken to like a child by someone who barely speaks English and receive nothing but dirty looks in return to saying Good Morning. Why do you think this place always has vacancies open? People would leave just days after getting the job and I'm not even exaggerating, it's degrading and is not worth it even if it was the last job on Earth. See for yourself.
Pros
some people are cool but that's all
Cons
long hours, unfair rules, rude managers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIQLO?
Working here was awful. The management staff were very passive aggressive and rude. Also they required me to do night shifts and then treated the next day as day off. Don't work here
If you like being always on the go and you like customer service (retail), then this job would most probably be suitable for you. Cons: - Almost always would get overtime, so to be aware of this Pros: - Liked working with the team, fortunate enough to encounter great team members/ colleagues - Tasks in the Timetable always changes so doesn’t get boring.
As an entry level retail job, Uniqlo are one of the more difficult companies to work for. Insanely high standards mean you end up doing a stupid amount of overtime, pay is sub-standard, and they expect you to drop everything for work. Cancel holidays at short notice sometimes, and everyone in management has a superiority complex despite the fact they do very little. Have to admit progression opportunities are decent, but again it depends on who is in your management team as they are the ones who assess you. Also the pay in London was below the national minimum wage until April 2019, but is only just higher than it now, so very poor pay. If you're looking for casual work you can get better pay and less hassle elsewhere.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
overwork, overtime, atmosphere
there is a lot expected of you, but they dont pay alot, luckily the co workers make up for it as everyone is really cool, but some managers are unnecessarily strict.
They lead me on for 4 years about getting a promotion only to keep lying to me. was forced to stay in the stockroom due to them having no staff because nobody loves to stay there. it seemed only the asian workers got the accelerated in the company. unlike the rest of the staff. rude management and unorganised. When my mother ill in hospital was told to come in they didn't care.
Pros
your shift will end
Cons
you have to work there
The managers and all the coworkers are pretty nice. If you are into retail, pays more than minimum wage. Expect you to work your best at all times and are really big on dress code/manners.
My first impression was "excellent team". I worked there for almost two months, despite on very exhausting shifts, I met very nice and amazing people!!! Cannot wait to see them again! also, the quality of the products from Uniqlo just made my decision to work for them! 311 Oxford street team- is my favorite
Pros
Team, discounts, salary
Cons
5/2 shift
Every staff members are friendly. Also you can get a lot of things like leadership, time management, and really good customer service. Lastly, you can get promoted quickly if you work hardly.
Every day work is very busy yet fun and enjoyable. Colleagues and management are nice. They are willing to teach new staff and help each other. Job duties include serving customers, replenishing stocks and maintaining cleanliness of the store.
This company works you to the bone. They want you to smile and memorize phrases to use daily. Everything is based on customer service which is fine but it is unrealistic. The hours are long but the pay is low. I would not recommend working here unless you really need a job.
Pros
clothing discount
Cons
no paid time off, long hours, low pay
Good company but long evening shifts. Management people are really friendly and supportive. Staff nice and organized. A good place to start to be in contact with retail.
Great place to learn the value of working a job that can offer you 40 hours without being officially on the full time staff. You will get the chance to show your growth .