UNIQLO
Information from UNIQLO:

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate38 reviews
Singapore38 reviews
Work is really productive but higher ups always have high expectations. Need to meet a minimum number of hours and if it is not met, warnings and sometimes disciplinary actions are taken. Management is not accommodating but instead wants more from individual.
Pros
30% staff discount.
Cons
Work/life balance is bad.
Good management culture with unusual antics. Great workplace with some bubbly co-workers with high energy capacity. Great training and excellent service coaching.
Working at uniqlo has taught me many valuable life skills such as time management, critical thinking, communication skills and leadership. The management is great considering the fact that the managers will do their best to promote each individual to be a better associate.
there are many underlying chores in uniqlo, beneath all the pretty clothes and cleanliness. depending on your branch, there are probably different spirits in the stores but in my branch, everyone is very encouraging and helpful. especially the collaborative spirit is very obvious, making my first working experience an extremely pleasant one :)
I learn how to work at a fast paced ,how to replenishing it to the store while the store is open ,how to attract customers ,and also to be able to give the customers need and wants.
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO. Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area? What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to - more...
The most enjoyable part about working at Uniqlo is to be able to assist customers in "designing" a new look for them on the go. Although some customers are hard to handle, being able to experience and understand different types of apparels are important to meet the required needs of customers.
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
Store manager and supervisor understands part-timers mostly are students rather flexible with working hours. Looking for job progression not recommended for this job. But if you are a student and working at the same time, this is good place.
A well bonded environment with all employees on every level, regardless of managerial or not. A typical day consists of scheduling and job rotation across different job scopes. This was the best part of the job as we are not restricted to one aspect of the job, and we get to learn everything and anything that goes on within the retail store. Rotating of shifts also allow us to communicate with the employee before and after shifts, that greatly increases the bond and enjoyment of the job.
Pros
Very good discounts for employees, 1.5 times overtime pay, good working locations nearby to amentities
Cons
Always have to clock in overtime due to overwhelming workload
Definitely in order to work at uniqlo an individual needs to be passionate and love their job. Work well with fellow colleagues. Customers always comes first.
UNIQLO provided me with a lot of learning opportunities from the moment I started. It is a fast-paced organisation, hence there is constant learning needed in order to keep up with other employees. Working at UNIQLO requires interacting with customers to help meet their shopping needs. The hardest part of this job is the long hours required and it does require quite a lot of hard work physically, and the upper management that employees had to deal with. The most enjoyable part of working for this organisation is that the employees are all friendly and helpful, making learning less stressful as they are constantly there to help you when help is needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits and constant appraisal if store manager is good.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding, bad upper management
Daily tasks such as folding of apparels. Changing mannequins. Fitting room duties. Rotation of location to cover while doing work. Lots of product knowledge.
Cons
Long Hours
Some Full-timers wont bother helping you despite you having questions. They will scold you in public with customers watching. Personally experienced this before.
Cons
Long hours, keep changing layout and expect u remember immediatey, unhelpful
Uniqlo is a big company and the colleagues there are very fun. For example, we will conduct a meeting every morning for opening and afternoon meeting for those that are doing afternoon shift. The store will always be filled with laughters and smiles everyday.
Pros
Store is vibrant and lively
Cons
Long working hours for part timers
Work day and time ? UNIQLO employees about UNIQLO culture, salaries, benefits, ... UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate. Thank you very much
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
opening day - able to reach in time prepare everything needed before store opens know the daily goals closing day - fast and efficient clean up the area for next day know the daily goals
Pros
quite easy to do
Cons
hard to memories area for the clothing
If you are looking for a retail/job that is pushing your limits and boundaries, UNIQLO is definitely the place to be. It is hard at the beginning but it gives a satisfaction feeling that you are able to see yourself grow.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long Hours
Start off the day with dusting and arranging of shelves. Gather for team review and goals of the day. Need to work fast and know where your items are placed to help customers find their items quickly;
Joined as a part time but pay is not worth the amount of effort put in. Firstly, we have to do cleaning in the morning but company only pay you $7.50 as compared to hiring professional cleaners. Also, it is very stressful as managers give you very little time to complete a lot of tasks. Some staff are nice while others tend to bully new-comers. No work-life balance as there is long working hours and you are usually asked to extend beyond your clock out time. Management is very strict with staff and there are many assessments internally. I recommend working at any other retail outlet that pays you more than $7.50 per hour. The $7.50 is already inclusive of public holidays and annual leave (encashed) so TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Really tiring
Work was really fun due to the people I work with, hence I looked forward to work everytime. The most enjoyable part of work will definitely be, being able to see the smile on customer's faces when they are happy with the service at uniqlo.