UNIQLO
Coronavirus update
Information from UNIQLO:

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate158 reviews
Work is really productive but higher ups always have high expectations. Need to meet a minimum number of hours and if it is not met, warnings and sometimes disciplinary actions are taken. Management is not accommodating but instead wants more from individual.
Pros
30% staff discount.
Cons
Work/life balance is bad.
Happy environment with helpful staff and manager to learn with. Fast retailing that give the staff opportunity to communicate with customers and community
Too many young kids with high turnover rate. No place for advancement. Great discount on clothes and very easy and fun to work. But not a place for advancement, typical retail job.
Pros
great discount and Disney pass
Cons
no benefits or advancement
my time was fun overall, they had an amazing work culture you everyday there was always fun as you co works become more like family as they a chance to learn new skill that help you develop your problem solving skills as there be times that you can't ask a help on every problem that may happen. They show how work fast on your feet as depending on the location. but overall a great start if you want to grow as person or climb the ladder in the company.
I worked at Uniqlo in Ala Moana (Honolulu, Hawaii) and I liked my job because I liked talking to the customers and I liked the managers since they were understanding and nice but the coworkers were the WORST. There is a group of people who call themselves the “OG’s” because they’ve been working there since the store opened but they always picked on someone until they got fired and chose another person after and did the same thing. I was unluckily one of the people who got picked on and it was the WORST. They spread false rumors about me and everyone believed them because they were the “OG’s”. It got to the point where whenever I walked into the break room, the room would go SILENT so I had no choice but to eat by myself at the foodcourt or on empty stairs by the parking lot since I didn’t have my own car at the time. They also are super rude to everyone and say it’s okay because in their words, they’re “the OG’s”. Also, if you are bilingual, you will constantly be annoyed because everyone tries to act as if they can speak a different language when obviously they are only capable of saying simple phrases. Only a few people (I could count them on one hand) stood by me during the difficult times and I’m thankful for them but I definitely would NOT recommend working there if you don’t want to cry after every shift. I work at a different job now and I am WAY happier.
Pros
Flexible, good managers
Cons
Coworkers
The job was tiring, but the pay was fine. Need to work hard, employee turn over was high. Is a five days job. They have two different shift. They can promote any people to any rank.
I love the rule that everyone need to be at work at 8 am including store manager. That look really fair or not compare if you are just staff or manager.
• Greets and assist customer in selecting apparel and accessories
• Promotes sales through positive customer service efforts

retail store that provides good customer service
Good management culture with unusual antics. Great workplace with some bubbly co-workers with high energy capacity. Great training and excellent service coaching.
Very strict environment, management extremely judgemental about any work ethic. Very dull and robotic environment. Restrictions upon just being yourself. Management offers employees to leave suggestions on how to make the store or customer service better but never takes your actual ideas/considerations and put them to use. Benefits are pretty good and you get a raise every 3 months after evaluations are over.
Working at uniqlo has taught me many valuable life skills such as time management, critical thinking, communication skills and leadership. The management is great considering the fact that the managers will do their best to promote each individual to be a better associate.
Clock in 15 mins early. Have to have 30 minutes beginning shift group sharing. Need to memorize a lot of things everyday, like ALOT! have to walk fast, musltitasker at its best. Never go back on time. if you work there long enough you'll have amazing work ethics!
Pros
Awesome friends, You learn a lot of things
Cons
Hectic, Fast paced, if you are slow, you'll get scolded a lot. Multitasker at its best, No Commision, Always have to stayback
I got many new experience working there before. the salary is very satisfied with the multitask and very discipline working there. be on time and be a good staff will provide a lot benefits there such as upgrade position, salary and can get award as best worker.
Great job as a start to the retail work life. Employees are really good people and management is very nice and caring, creating a safe environment for everyone.
The management was aweful. They tried to implement their Japanese work ethics here and didn’t work. High turn over rate. The Japanese management had favouritism towards other Japanese staff and would speak in Japanese during work hours most of the time
Needs to be highly productive and facing many obstacles the whole day to make the operation for the day successful. But it is all worth it when you know that your store achieved the target sales amount for the day/month.
Working here was great, the discount is awesome. My only issues were the promotion process for higher level positions is bad and changes with manager.
Able to learn a lot of new things in a inductive environment.
Paid is fair and enough to cover life cost

New tech is using in their management , so their management is good and clear.
Prefer to someone that likes working as group. Good exposure to young people to learn new things like tidy, organising and many more. Also the salary is quite good.
Collaborative workplace environment. Highly competitive for each, weekly and monthly target. Coordinates and implements business strategy for staffs to find the right sources for each product.
I learn how to do taggings,customer parcel then we have to fill up before giving them,folding of clothes,d ranks as in size order. The hardest part of the job was time because in everything you do you have to be fast before we open shop. Getting to learn alot of new things and making friends