UNIQLO
Coronavirus update
Information from UNIQLO:

UNIQLO Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate418 reviews
Part time is paid $7.50 per hour excluding break time.
You have to come at least 10 mins early to write some notes and you wont be paid for that fyi. Based on my opinion, if you want to have fun working here , it actually depends on what kind of colleagues you have. Some might be very toxic and some is very helpful and nice. I once asked one of the team leaders to guide me on the skill that would help me to promote but nothing happen and im still in the same position for the past 1 year already so i decided to quit. I recommend you to to find a retail job that pays you higher that this.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
biased, long hours
I worked at SoHo's location and the management really varies. It is great that Uniqlo is very transparent about daily earnings and they help employees assess how we'll they're doing.
Pros
good discount on quality clothing
Cons
always on your feet
The job has all these goals it is impossible to fulfill. Training is terrible. You are given more information than you can possibly absorb but are expected to know. They say they want you to ask if you have questions but then make you feel terrible when you do. No real chance for advancement. This job is best suited to high school and college kids as they can easily accommodate your schedule when it's not a holiday
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management, pay, information overload
But a few things was crazy about the job hot lights. Having to wear layers and almost over heating. At work the dress code where tattoos are no prohibited or visible was. Hard. Be cuz I have so many and I’m a artist
The company was really thorough with orientation and training the first few weeks. After a month, you’ll be treated as a fellow worker, not a trainee. However, they still teach you new skills along the way, which is really good. Didn't have much hours (around 2-3 days a week of 5-8 hrs a day), but during interview I was promised a full-time sched. I felt left out by other co-workers and couldn’t vibe with them, but management and company is really good!
Management is passive aggressive and can sometimes instigate workplace drama. However, it's a good job to have while in school since they work around your schedule and the pay is better than most places. There are also opportunities to advance and get a raise.
Pros
Schedule, employee discount
Cons
passive aggressive coworkers and management
There are many ways to advance in this company, but the favouritism is very obvious and it is makes the workplace less enjoyable. In addition, every shift is very stressful, with a number of tasks given to you all at once, plus having to deal with customers. Not everyone is given appreciation for working hard unless you are close with your coworkers. They have high standards for everything, and that's what makes this job stressful.
COVID is an especially difficult period for everyone, and there is little to no consideration and understanding to those who are in emotional distress (like the other reviewer mentioned).
Pros
discount, above min. wage, challenging
Cons
Long hours, demanding, favoritism, strict
UNIQLO as a company demands very, VERY high working efficiency/speed standards with little help and guidance past initial orientation/training as a new hire. Your experience here will truly depend from store to store and region to region. I’ve worked at three stores with the company total over my two years with UNIQLO. The attitude towards employees with disabilities/health issues who aren’t able to keep up with near-constant 100%-capacity-and-beyond work for an abled person is abysmal. Microaggressions and condescending language are rampant—abled or not—and there is no subtlety. Managers are largely impersonal with an ego-inflated attitude to the point you are anxious to mention anything to them though there are some rare exceptions. Supervisors have made homophobic and transphobic jokes on the clock. Favoritism is the norm and you do not get promotions or raises if you are not friends with the managers—regardless of how hard you’re working. It took a state-mandated employment policy change to get the company to reliably send out schedules with more than 3 days notice. The company culture may be different in other regions/stores and I truly want better for UNIQLO as the potential is great and much of the product is high quality but it doesn’t seem like the company is ready to be in 2020. I truly believe it is not a bad job—just bad management. I love the store ambience and product-most of my closet was UNIQLO for over a year—and was elated to work here at the beginning, but recent experiences have soured it.
Pros
Great health insurance for full-time employees, employee discount of 30%
Cons
Ableist work culture, favoritism, inadequate pay for expectations, poor management, inconsistent scheduling with short notice
At the time that I was working here, they employ everyone as a part time and you have to do an interview with the top people in the company in order to see if you can make the advancement of being a full time employee. There is a specific way of folding each garment in the store, and the store must be at 100% at all times. You may get pulled to do other tasks such as checking out guests, greeting at the front of the store, standing at the fitting room, and unloading freight in the backroom.
I would say that for a starter job, this would be a fair place to start, but not really sure how well an individual would do in the long term.
Pros
food court for lunch, full hour break, growth opportunities
Cons
benefits for full time only, not enough work hours, low compensation, interview required for advancement
They very tactical and Customer service base. They are very flexible for a retail job. Their style can be intimidating, but they work hard in the community.
This job is good for students who need a part time job, they have a lot of shifts and are flexible. Management is okay, but the coworkers are amazing. Work is easy, mainly just folding clothes.
Pros
1 hour break, coworkers, easy job
Cons
benefits only if you are full time
(Disney Springs Location)
Things to know before applying:

- Benefits such as pay raise every year. Starting at 13$ an hour.

- Full time gets PTO

- Days pass by quick with the amount of traffic, folding clothes, replenishing, on the register, fitting room, layout changes eventually, helping customers with questions, finding clothing pieces for customers, occasionally A-Ranking, or closing and making sure the store is ready for the next day.

-RFID system is our clothing tags and bluebird devices to help find clothing, simple.

-A few Disney tickets every season

-Can go to any Disney park by yourself anytime

-Ability to move up in the company if you really aim for success in everything that you do

-Most shifts require a group meeting about the daily goals, new lines launching, mostly the MOD gives everyone their tasks and break times, etc.

-In busy seasons hours are good, can even stay longer if you want. 9+ hour shifts and 1 hour breaks.

-Slow seasons, hours can get really low, shorter shifts, send you home early if you want.

-Some of Disney Benefits are given to full timers.
I thought Uniqlo would have that Asian culture where they value their employees especially those who are loyal to them for years already. I just got laid off by my manager because of the virus. To be honest, I do not like my manager because he has all the shade in the entire world. You thought that he was kind the moment you know him, but no and the former manager was like that too. He called me and he was laughing that he is laying me off. How RUDE was that am I right?! and before the Coronavirus I barely had any shift. They make us attend the meeting they have once a month but you're not scheduled. AS A PART TIMER and I AM SPEAKING TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO APPLY AS A PART TIMER, they will not value you as much as they value the full-timers. Our full-timers were not laid off and some of them are new hires. All I can say is, this company sucks! Never recommend this to anyone.
Learned how to work in a fast pace enviornment
hardest part was accommodating the needy customers

the hours weren't to great management didn't rotate shifts between employees to make it fair
Different type of retailing. Not what you would expect in your first two weeks but after that, its all fun! Folding clothes makes time go by real fast.
Pros
Stylish Clothes
Cons
Theres always something that needs to be done
The environment at Uniqlo is very fast paced and busy. There is never a down moment a there is always something to do. Employees are constantly engaging in customer service, organizing, and cleaning.
The WORST job ever! Management is horrible and disrespectful most of the time they don't know what to do. Lack of communication and the General manager sucks she is there for the money. One of the managers there is every rude and will curse at you and yell at you with the f...k word and HR and the GM won't do anything about it if you complain.
Great job as a start to the retail work life. Employees are really good people and management. Have a very good corporate culture. Gets to learn a lot of new things and making friends.
- very active job
- management is great and super helpful

- super organized

- easy to understand

- have to do a test to get a raise, very difficult must study handbook thorougly

- flexible hours for part-timers

- alterations opportunities
Learned how to fold efficiently and quickly, how to operate cash registers, and how to operate the back of house opeartions. Interacted with customer on a daily basis.
An ever-changing high volume fast paced work environment, UNIQLO provides its employees with great working hours and management is fun and friendly. The work environment is exceptionally clean, spacious, bright and colorful. The clothes are not just fabrics...they're technology!