UNIQLO

UNIQLO Management reviews

Work is really productive but higher ups always have high expectations. Need to meet a minimum number of hours and if it is not met, warnings and sometimes disciplinary actions are taken. Management is not accommodating but instead wants more from individual.
Pros
30% staff discount.
Cons
Work/life balance is bad.
Good management culture with unusual antics. Great workplace with some bubbly co-workers with high energy capacity. Great training and excellent service coaching.
Working at uniqlo has taught me many valuable life skills such as time management, critical thinking, communication skills and leadership. The management is great considering the fact that the managers will do their best to promote each individual to be a better associate.
Just started working so view is a bit biased, which may change as I continue to work. But this is based on my first week of working here at UNIQLO. Everything's very fast-paced. The moment you start your first day, you're expected to know more or less everything. You're basically not allowed to mess up even if you don't anything and are still learning. And even when you ask them for help or for clarification, the ones who are more or less in charge always sound like they're scolding you (even in front of customers!), which in turn makes you NOT want to ask them for any more help. But you also need help or you'll get scolded, so you get scolded either way. So I'm very scared to talk to them. We're all expected to tidy up the store after it closes and are assigned to our own areas. When I tidy up one part before going to my next assigned part, the person in charge will check what I had finished to see if it's up to standards. And if it's not, just hearing them yell out my name for everyone to hear, and then them loudly pointing out the parts I missed, is very embarrassing. It's very humiliating and it always brings my morale down. Couldn't they just inform me in a softer voice since I'm the only one working on that area? What's more, the current employees in the store I'm stationed at are very closed off. I joined with a bunch of other part-timers, and they're the only ones I talk to. I rarely talk to the senior staff since they've got their own clique and don't really bother opening up to us newbies. That's why I never stay in the staff room for break and always opt to - more...
Kinda have a bad management by one day gave me closing and the next day morning shift which I don’t have enough sleep. Therefore I felt that is abit tough for me.
To be honest uniqlo is stressful when u stress urself! But common there's no easy job that will pay you fairly.. I love working in uniqlo because of the career progression is fast, bonus, salary is good but can increase more due to job is really2 fast paced. Everything that we are doing have timing, time management is really2 important, as a Japanese company its normal and I like it. But not all staff will like it though, I just hope that uniqlo will have company party sort of thing. So and more incentives for supervisor and below so that they will be encourage more to work hard and be more involved in achieving sales target.
Learnt various different skills and also how to manage the time wisely, so as to complete the tasks on time. Working with different people is also a good experience, and usually they make tasks much easier to handle. The management also puts in effort to ensure that the staff gets equal opportunity to obtain new skills and responsibilities.
With my long experience working in Uniqlo, they are always changing with the times. Be it with the digitalisation or the management team. It is not an easy job working in uniqlo as you are always tasked with various roles and sometimes can be challenging. However, if you continue to work hard, you will see yourself grow with the company.
UNIQLO provided me with a lot of learning opportunities from the moment I started. It is a fast-paced organisation, hence there is constant learning needed in order to keep up with other employees. Working at UNIQLO requires interacting with customers to help meet their shopping needs. The hardest part of this job is the long hours required and it does require quite a lot of hard work physically, and the upper management that employees had to deal with. The most enjoyable part of working for this organisation is that the employees are all friendly and helpful, making learning less stressful as they are constantly there to help you when help is needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits and constant appraisal if store manager is good.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding, bad upper management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIQLO?
Don’t work in this company if possible avoid it! Must work faster, given just 5 mins to complete the task, have to greet louder. Stupid idiot company’
Pros
Vending machine that sells cheap drinks situated inside the staff room
Cons
Long hrs & annoying managers telling you to work faster.
Joined as a part time but pay is not worth the amount of effort put in. Firstly, we have to do cleaning in the morning but company only pay you $7.50 as compared to hiring professional cleaners. Also, it is very stressful as managers give you very little time to complete a lot of tasks. Some staff are nice while others tend to bully new-comers. No work-life balance as there is long working hours and you are usually asked to extend beyond your clock out time. Management is very strict with staff and there are many assessments internally. I recommend working at any other retail outlet that pays you more than $7.50 per hour. The $7.50 is already inclusive of public holidays and annual leave (encashed) so TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
30% staff discount
Cons
Really tiring
Job scope was alright and manageable. But working environment was toxic and unbearable. Most staff are all foreigners and lots of work conflicts. Management are sometimes biased and if you refuse to OT, you're dead cause it won't be possible. Bad attitude from a lot of staff as well as management literally do not care if we are humans working or objects under their supervision.
Pros
Job scope is alright, average pay, staff discount
Cons
Treated like objects, Work life balance
It's a good company to learn about the management skills from the front to the back end of the office. You will definitely learn how to run your own business and what should be done to ensure your business can be run smoothly.
The people and management are easily to get a long with. They really well trained their staff and ensure that all customer will walk out of the store with happy face. I've learnt how to do cashiering, stock take, check stock, clean up the store and do back end job such as transfer and receiving of stocks.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inflexible hours
The shopfloor requirements were of standard expectations with the exception of extra emphasis on manners due to the Japanese culture. The only issue was the scheduling being too demanding especially on part timers/ students.As someone who has done retail many times, the best part is still the satisfaction of customers and receiving good feed backs.
Pros
30% discount off products for staff
Cons
demanding schedule requirements and impolite upper management
Great staff, easy to communicate. However, work life balance is unmanageable as there is undesirable working hours. Also, management is unfair and not following policy.
Working in Uniqlo flagship store is very challenging but fun. You will be working with very passionate associate from different nationalities. We commit ourselves to a management model that controls costs while streamlining production schedules and minimizing retail prices. We provide customers with the highest quality service by meeting their demands and offering service that exceeds their expectations. We provide a pleasant working environment in which our employees around the world can produce innovative results as a team. Our aim is to become the world’s Number 1 casual apparel brand.
The management is alright, with a few good co-workers to past the time, it can also be a routine at work doing the same thing over and over again
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
It's a great place to work because all the staff are friendly and easy to talk to. I learned a lot of things like you have to know the top 10 items ad items on sale so that when customers ask, you know hat to tell them. The management is good, the are understanding and try to help out when they can. The hardest part of the job is you cannot leave your station; when you need to go to the restroom or have a sip of drink, you have to ask someone to stand at your post while you go and do the necessary things. Besides that, being shout at especially when you're on the tall ladder and they shout at you, you will be shocked and might fall down if not careful
Pros
Making new friends