United Overseas Bank

United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews in Queenstown

Queenstown28 reviews
Was there as a temporary staff as a Technical Writer. The responsibilities there were to help standardize the documentation for presentation to Audit.
Typically everyday it was 14 hours of stressful work. You have to be available to come to office at any time on weekends. Friday evening was so stressful & frustrating in the fear of weekend work plans.
There are lots of learning opportunities I am grateful for. The senior officers are more than willing to help you whenever I needed.
Fast paced. Expected to be an independent learner. Focused on delivering high efficiency. On the job training and catch up as quickly as possible. friendly colleagues very willing to help.
Mundane work
Operations in many departments

management fairly so good

People are friendly

Challenging to do figures

Job satisfaction in doing daily work finished
This is stressful environemt but the working level at the project team and the vendor is excellent. A lot to learn from each other in term of technology and ideas. However, the work culture is bad and lack in team leader and management leadership in handling the project.
Working in UOB makes me feel welcomed and enjoyable. I like it that the colleagues feel like family. They care for you and makes you feel at ease.
Sometimes you are required to work long hours but at least you get paid overtime.

I enjoy the culture as it is not the typical office workplace and you can chat/laugh with your colleagues.
Not too heavy on the office politics side, adaptable. Work/life balance is alright.

Very good working environment. Love the people there. Very helpful when it comes to assistance needed
The management in UOB was really family based and everyone was there for one another. The team were really there to help you be better. The environment was just a fun loving team all around.
Pros
Amazing view from the office
Cons
Salary was low
Helps me to improve my coding and design skills with good work culture.Apart from this,helps me to improve my multi tasking ability which is most relevant in IT sector.
UOB Singapore is a challenging place to work. It has balance between pressure to meet multiple projects deadline, as well as facilities and resources needed to enable deliveries.
Convenient atmosphere to work, provided a free vending machine of coffee, milo, soft drinks, at every floor! If you type of workaholic, you will love this place. It also provides a good facilities such as employee shuttle bus to deliver us to near foodcourts at lunch time, and to pickup as well deliver us from-to nearby MRT areas.
Pros
Shuttle Bus, Free vending machine, Trainings
Cons
Stacked projects
Processing of business internet banking applications and data maintenance. Scanning of efx, filing, handle internal mails, pack and synchronize tokens.
Good working enveronment for beginners
Slow learning curve when starting to gain years

Political - some are political and never really given trust to youngsters
There isn't a lot to learn whilst working there. I've picked up a few skills in excel. However, the work environment there is actually relatively good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not much to learn
Nice place to learn and grow as they focus on training and grooming their staffs will required skills and knowledge. Good and productive working environment and very good people to work with. They believe in the organization core vales and work hard in achieving the bank's mission.
Pros
Benefits - Lifestyle, Medical
Cons
Na
I worked at the call center. The training provided is comprehensive. The people are friendly and willing to answer queries of newcomers. There are several food place options for you there.
Pros
free buses
Challenging and fast paced work environment. We are required to finish the task as daily basis and need to work overtime everyday to complete what's given. This is an advantage to have a better time management skills.
However, there is no work life balance and sometimes required to come back during weekends to finish up some extra work. Your team members are helpful and willing to lend a help. However, you are not given any training or brief regarding your tasks.
Pros
Free lunches by your boss
Cons
I feel that it is a rather good place to learn and pick up skills on how to handle customers as well as learning how to operate the systems. The working environment is good for part timers like myself and the bosses are really nice.
Good to work here, but sometimes long hours working.
Opportunity to learn new things.Friendly environment. lot of process to be followed to complete each task.
A good and conducive working environment. Staff also enjoy good welfare benefits.There is good rapport and co-operation amongst the staff.
I had worked there from May 2014 to August 2014. My main role is to verify identity details and other small duties like checking the mail. I love my job as i have made friends with a lot of them there and learnt invaluable knowledge pertaining to UOB bank.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
United Overseas Bank Reviews by Location