United Overseas Bank

United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews in Tampines

Tampines5 reviews
This is a fast paced environment and requires both work efficiency and multi tasking skills. The volume is high and staff need to be committed and meticulous in their work.
Have to perform Overtime almost typically everyday, sometimes even on weekends. The current FTE headcount does not meet the requirement as the income volume of work far exceeds the FTE headcount.
Working in UOB is generally great. Their employee benefits are reasonably good.

However, career progression in my current job is close to impossible. Furthermore ,the working hours are long (from as early as 0730 to as late as 2100). Because of this, I hardly have any work-life balance. Both career progression and working hours are probably the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great and understanding colleagues
Cons
Long hours, little or close to no work life balance, no career progression
The working environment in my department - Factoring - was a good place whereby the team is always on a lookout for one another and always providing a helping hand to whoever in need.

Knowledge of the system and the product is also widely shared among colleagues and we keep check of one another to make sure that we always adhere to the strict deadlines and Service Level Agreements set between Business and Operations.
Pros
Fun Envvironment
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Very good commission structure and payout. However, there is not much work life balance. Very long working hours, may require to work on the weekends if required.
Pros
Good comm payout
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Overseas Bank?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.