United Overseas Bank

United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews in Toa Payoh

Toa Payoh10 reviews
Only concerned on numbers. Management pushes you for figures only. No work life balance. Staff welfare is undermined. Ostracised if you do not fare well, constant peer pressure to clinch the most sales.
Truth Story:
-1-2 mth class training with salary paid (learning process)

-Roles play, practical, validation & test after class training

-Tough life start below:

-On floor (Roadshow & Branch ATM tagging. working hours: i) roadshow: 11am - 6pm or sometime even late, until 8pm or Mall close. ii) Atm tagging: Branch operation hours, until 9.30am - 4.30pm (stand whole day), after that, required back Toa Payoh do cold-calling until 9pm (1 week: 2-3 days) *Long working hours

-No off day on weekend allowed, mostly on weekday. *If no sales, (depend team leader), sometimes no offday for week, bcoz leader show face, unless you are thick face & dont care your leader

-Weekend mostly Roadshow/ stand ATM machine get customers

-Selling: ONLY saving endownment plans & insurance protection plans given to sell

-Target: count by RPoint: (please understand bank term in calculation for insurance by yourself). Average you need sell 15 policy++ for 3 months.

-Happy or not need depend who is your leader guide you. Some leader will proper guide you, but some worst, only know chasing monthly target, and don't know how to teach/guide, only keep on pushing with Harsh way.

-Don't expect you will have proper office (unless calling in HQ), otherwise mostly is travel whole Singapore for bank branches/ roadshow at diff Mall

-Some leader only know talk big but don't know how to sell, their past experience don't really help you in fast-paced environment. Their Top selling insurance plans last time might be no longer exists today anymore.

-Be prepared on multiple paperworks and procedure to do
 - more...
Pros
If you are fighter, overcome the obstacles
Cons
If you think this job is easy, better ask first, job roles as above.
For people who is willing to work long hours with rewarding salary, UOB is the place to try as their sales acquisition side is fairly rewarding if you hit their target monthly
Pros
Aws
cannibalistic culture,
lack of employee welfare

absolutely 0 work life balance

very aggressive selling approach in terms of getting client to sign up for products
Slow paced, call and talk to customer about their annual fees not being able to waived and will be sending them voucher instead. Also persuade customers to retain their cards or accounts with us. Would like to say it's a not bad place to work at, easy-going.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Commission
Working at UOB has served as a milestone in my career path to my dream job of being a Relationship Manager.

Day to day I handle hundreds of customers feedbacks, emails and disputes. My job is to keep them happy and as paying customers.

I acquired the position of team lead withing my first 2 months and was even considered for a management role if not for my part time schooling commitments after hours.

The most challenging part of this job would be to convince customers to be paying when they don't exactly have to in a fair and logical manner that leaves them feeling happy to pay for good service. Not everyone shares the same view but I maintain a high success rate while delivering a high revenue for the company.

I care for the team's growth and development as though the bank is mine. I have the bank's interest at heart.

Why I choose the line of sales is that I love the sense of accomplishment when you convince someone to acquire something they didn't know they needed till I put it in front of them.
Working at UOB is a wonderful experience, I've learned how to interact with customers through phone calls, to pacify them, assure them and most off all to get thier approval. Working with diffirent kinds of people is a plus too, I made friends with them we help each other, we give advice and compliments with each other. The hardest part of the job is when you handle difficult customers, like customer shouting, cursing me in the phone. And the most enjoyable part of the job is when difficult customer agree with me or when I pacify them by talking, explaining or when I give the solutions to thier queries/problem.
Good place to work.
Not much chance to expand or grow as contract staff.

Could open headcounts for contract staffs who complete their contract.

Consider to retain trained contract staffs by converting them to be perm staffs.
- Liaise with customers on GSS promotions
- Customise customers contract and follow through the signing of contract

- Designed some simple promotion designs

- Do daily admin work
Doing sales and credit papers.

Typical day includes meeting in the morning to ask for numbers, it is a highly competitive role.
Pros
opportunity to know more people
Cons
long hours, very stressful with numbers, no work life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
United Overseas Bank Reviews by Location