United Overseas Bank

United Overseas Bank Management reviews

Singapore192 reviews
Only concerned on numbers. Management pushes you for figures only. No work life balance. Staff welfare is undermined. Ostracised if you do not fare well, constant peer pressure to clinch the most sales.
The working environment is one of the worst I've seen, frequent last min change of road show location, working hours not taken into consideration, have worked 3 weeks straight of 12hrs shift without a single off day. after failing probation due to covid 19, retrenched without any empathy. After retrenchment, refuse to pay my commission even tho manager made a verbal promise.
Pros
transport allowance
Cons
bad management
A typical day at work comprises of clocking the KPI for all outlets and preparing powerpoint slides weekly.
Management in my department is very caring, helpful and fun. Knows when to have fun and time to get serious.
Hardest part of the job was the beginning when I do not have any banking background and the terms to understand, but gradually I managed to pick up pretty quickly.

I find my job scope pretty enjoyable as I get to learn many things and get exposed to different banking opportunities.
As a Personal Banker in UOB, it was sales driven and client-oriented. This was a fast-paced and competitive working environment. The overall culture more towards mico management as you will need to hit your KPI and keep yourself up to date to the economy.
It is political and management do not really bother to give you proper training. It’s like a trial and error. What else do you want me to type. Nth else
Pros
Well known company
Cons
No work life balance
Nice place with nice people. Had a nice mentor who was willing to teach me whenever I was curious about anything and everything. Management abit slow but will definitely help you if needed.
During my internship there, every day was full of challenging tasks and it was one of the most meaningful experiences in my life. I learned many soft skills, related to the project management, communication, etc. within the team. My supervisor gave me lots of helpful advice which influence me over the years. Overall, they provide employers a great working environment.
- Good Learning and will understand to work in highly stressful area.
- Lots of structuring keep happening at high level that impact the employees at low level.

- work is not recognized until you do buttering of high management.
Working hour is 9 hours and pressure is moderate.
you can learn new technology and the management depends on the Manger . The hardest part of the job is weekend working.
Well-established working policy and a healthy HR policy to provide positivity environment for any career-driven individual. Management is supportive of lateral career movement.
Good bank to work in. Supportive management and technology enable FI. Room to grow and opportunity to contribute to the Bank. Supportive HR and new product initiative.
A culture where vendors are given more respect than deserved. Management are somewhat unaware of what is happening in their space. Remuneration is very repectable.
When never hit daily team target
how to overcome objection

very fair and understanding management
If never it monthly target
so many challenges, and work life balance.
Mundane work
Operations in many departments

management fairly so good
People are friendly
Challenging to do figures

Job satisfaction in doing daily work finished
This is stressful environemt but the working level at the project team and the vendor is excellent. A lot to learn from each other in term of technology and ideas. However, the work culture is bad and lack in team leader and management leadership in handling the project.
1. The High Turnover Outfit
Red flags: Key roles pop up consistently on a company’s job site.

How bad is it: A company should not be on the hunt for the same important roles in management or leadership every six months, and if they are that means that they have fallen into a hire-and-fire cycle. This can indicate a few things. One, leadership may be very fickle; unable to land on the specific qualities they want in a candidate. Two, the company may have a bad internal culture which makes retention nearly impossible, no matter how talented the new hires may be. Three, top level goals may be as fleeting as the talent.
Pros
no good
Cons
no good
Challenging environment
Learnt Big Data technology

Good learning environment

Optimum utilization of resources

Good Leadership

Efficient Management
Pros
Security
Cons
Work culture
Long working hours with very senior ppl in the dept, very difficult for young ppl to adapt there. ppl there seems contented to be working there for over 20 years.
• Proactive in engaging clients and prospects to understand individual’s financial needs and providing them with timely information, advice and recommendations to fit their banking requirements
• Dedicated management and monitoring of existing clients' portfolio and customising financial planning and solutions to meet clients' ever-evolving financial objectives
• Call on and source new individual prospects while maintaining strong long-term and on-going relationships with existing clients
• Compile required documents and conduct KYC/CDD in compliance with bank's prescribed standards and industry regulatory requirements
colleagues are easy to get along.

do have lots of work to do but we all work as a family kind of work place.
management is good and easy to get along too.
As a major bank in Singapore, most of the things that can be said has been said. They have great benefits, many career path and work environment.

Due to how big the institution is, there is no telling how great your immediate work environment is, it can be really good or really frustrating due to colleagues or supervisor.

People say that employees rarely leave jobs but they leave managers, I think truth can be said about myself when my department had a change of manager.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Overseas Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
United Overseas Bank Reviews by Location