United World College of South East Asia

United World College of South East Asia Employee Reviews for Elementary School Teacher

4.0Salary & Benefits

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 14 reviews

UWCSEA Dover - Toxic Junior School Management

While many colleagues are wonderful committed people, and the students, like kids the world over, are regularly amazing and great to teach, the prevailing management style in the Junior School can be one of intimidation and disenfranchisement of staff. If your voice is raised in a way that is viewed as contrary to the Junior School management, you risk being ostracised and ultimately eliminated. The resulting cliques throughout the Junior School staff are exclusive and guarded as people shore up their territory. The absence of open dialogue is shocking and stunts personal and professional growth. Employment and subsequent promotion are frequently unilateral decisions by the Junior School Management, resulting in comments such as this one to me, "If X is going for that position, there is no point in the rest of us even thinking about it.". I know of at least four recent Primary School appointments that weren't even advertised internally, let alone in the public domain. This carefully cultivated indebtedness is a powerfully successful tool in maintaining a status quo which favours the sycophant and his narcissistic manager. When a person is permitted to wield power in this way, with impunity, thanks to ineffective senior management, no salary will compensate you adequately to work in such a stressful environment.

Pros

Meeting some amazing, enthusiastic people.

Cons

Bullying by management.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United World College of South East Asia?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United World College of South East Asia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

United World College of South East Asia Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?