Upwork

Upwork Employee Reviews

Singapore12 reviews

Upwork

Besides upwork taking a compensations it is a great way to make a quick buck. It is easy to sign up for and there are endless opportunities for work. You can choose which jobs you want to apply for. The only bad part is the fact you only have so many chances to apply, but not if you pay.

Pros

Flexibility, work from home, build skills

Cons

Upwork takes a percentage, customers often do not pay fairly. Feel rushed most of the time

You Have A Choice

Upwork puts you in full control of your employment. That pretty much makes it the dream job for any worker. Starting out is slow, but it gets better after the first couple of assignments.

Pros

Control

Cons

Competitive

Freelancer on Upwork

I have been a freelancer for 9 years. Started as Elance but was acquired by Upwork. Really enjoy the flexibility that allows me to take on new projects, meet new customers, and be creative with my work! The ability to record my hours is easy and I continue to enjoy my job as a part-time freelancer!

Pros

Flexibility, ability to work remotely anywhere, continuous new projects

Nothing to brag about

It is a good way to keep your writing skills sharp. Especially if your core job requires technical writing and/or writing of documents and procedures.

No Chance of a Career Here

If you want to make a few bucks on the side this is a great option. If you want to make a career out of it forget it. .Most clients want far more work than they are willing to pay for.

Productive and interesting place to work at.

It was fun and interesting at the beginning but there aren't a lot of opportunities for growth. I liked working there but at the same time, I was hungry for growth. Upwork didn't offer me that so I left.

It was fine, but low pay. Just file as many items as you can. Work hard and hustle. But understand this may not be for you whether you have worked in the field or not. It is VERY TOUGH GO.

Pros

Free time

Cons

Pay

Freelance

Upwork is a decent place to work from home and be able to be your own boss. I personally only did it as a side business but you can totally be able to make a living off of it.

Rewarding but extremely challenging

Working for yourself in this type of environment is incredible for your work/life balance, but you are competing against people from around the world. Someone in Malaysia can live off just 10 dollars a day while you may need 10 times that so they can undercut you by wide margins. The only way you can make a true living with this kind of job is by having a much more advanced skill set than the basic computer user.

Working from home office :

.Typical day at work: Start of day, go over all materials, emails, or memos I may receive through Skype. Speak to all my co- workers by saying Good Morning. Log in , get started work hard to accomplish my goals and make sure the Company is represented in a professional manner. Follow instructions plus complete tasks, assignments, email, phone, calendar invites, booking & scheduling appointments, prepare letters of recognition or other as need.Complete all deadlines. Answer any questions I may have when it comes to my job. Loved all my Co- workers never have had an issue. There are no hard parts to a job, if you put your mind to it. Take in all the information you can get, and go with it, ask many questions! Most enjoyable, making progress and being recognized, also the people i have done work for were amazing to work for and with! I love working, and I love my home. Having a career in a great place to work for is all I want. i learned to be professional in my work area, and i am always up for new challenges!

Pros

Worked from home.

Cons

Would like to get OUT more, my decision is to work close to home.

More Freedom to choose what to work and when to work

I usually bid project, develop them and deliver it on time. Learnt lots of things over here. Its basically a work from home.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

more time to gain projects than develop

Productive working attitude

Good job but i need a stable fixed one.The pay is good and the flexibility of working anywhere is amazing but right now i am seeking more fixed job .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upwork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Upwork
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?