UST Logistical Systems

UST Logistical Systems Employee Reviews

expectations are high. If you are liked by the boss, expect good things. If not...

Depending on your client and your boss, it can be a good place, but generally, you are expected to give up life to accommodate them. You end up working some pretty bad ours if your crews have issues in the field.

April 5, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that your time with UST was not a good fit. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best moving forward.

Ideal Company To Be Employed

Great company to work for with focus on team building, room for growth, and a great sense of direction for every employee. The work environment is safe and productive. There is potential to create relationships that will last a lifetime. Every company has challenges and UST Logistics has an effective support team in place.

Pros

Team building, career growth, care for employees

Cons

None so far

June 21, 2022
Thank you for providing this feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your experience with UST and see a strong future for excellence. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

Very clean and of course a climate controlled (HUGE) warehouse.

"House keeping" and safety is a daily part of the "standards" and or culture at UST Logistics. Very friendly,helpful, and knowledgeable management team take the stress out of being new and or a "green horn" . That's especially helpful when you are trying to learn a new craft and just want to do the best job you can possibly do.

Pros

Company bbq's, large and clean break/lunch room.

Cons

None at the moment.

May 3, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of UST. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our company culture and feel comfortable while learning the ropes at your location. Please feel free to reach out to wecare@uste3.com if you ever have questions or concerns you'd like us to address. Thank you again for your feedback!

Zero work life balance

Zero work life balance. Want to take a vacation. Hope everything runs perfectly or upper management has no issue calling you. Best decision to leave and regain a work/life balance.

April 26, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with UST. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that you felt like your work-life balance was lacking while with us. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at wecare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your new endeavors.

Worst place to work .

When I started it was great after realized manager that had got hired at this location is poorly trained need better people to hire run if you can.

Pros

Full 80 hrs

Cons

Manager never around you’ll be in charge of everything

April 12, 2022
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with UST. Our team members are carefully considered before being placed in management roles and we continue to ensure they are managing their teams appropriately. We are sorry to hear about the issues you’ve experienced. If you would like to provide us with more information to help us improve, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us wecare@uste3.com and a team member will be glad to help.  Thank you again for letting us know how we can be better.

Fun & Family Oriented

UST is a fun, family oriented company who inspires grow. Each division works together to accomplish goals for the company. UST continues to contribute time and money to the community.

March 1, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working for UST. We believe our success is a result of our people and we strive to provide excellent benefits and opportunities to all our employees because of that. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

Worst company to pair up with and if I could have given no rating at all I would have!!!

This company has no support what so ever! We ask questions because there was no training so we don't know what to expect or how to do things. We only have 2 people to contact and when we call voice mail is full or they do not read their text. When we send a text the phone shows delivered but never read. They will not pay you what they tell you they will pay, they just conveniently not pay you and not give answers for why they haven't. Seems like they are in it for the money themselves and do not care if you make money to stay afloat to stay in business. There is no communication what so ever....I am really sad that we partnered with them, BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!! If we sound disgruntled We are!!!

Pros

No pros what so ever!!!

Cons

Many

February 8, 2022
Thank you for providing this feedback. We continue to ensure our leaders are responsive and managing their teams appropriately, and we are sorry to hear about the issues you’ve reported. If you would like to provide us with more information to help us improve, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at Wecare@ustselect.com.  Thank you again for letting us know how we can be better.

Subpar

Not a bad place to work. It’s very simple and easy. However, the (senior) warehouse and assistant managers there, is a bit unprofessional and take on the role of trying to be friend, instead of manager. They speak negatively about one another, and don’t seem right for the job at all. Using foul language, dressing like they’re going out for drinks on the town. Just extremely unprofessional. The benefits are horrible! Money is decent, but I value benefits, the most. You only get PTO days. Which isn’t much, you don’t get regular vacation. You have to wait 120 after your hire date to get 96 PTO days. It’s a new operation and it may need time to iron out the kinks, I couldn’t get into the rhythm of things.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Benefits and some management.

January 18, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Our team members are carefully considered before being placed in management roles and we continue to ensure they are managing their teams appropriately. We are sorry to hear about the issues you’ve experienced. If you would like to provide us with more information to help us improve, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will be glad to help.  Thank you again for letting us know how we can be better.

UST is a company that fosters a wonderful work environment.

I began working for UST several months ago, I was greeted on my first day with welcoming attitudes from everyone I had the pleasure of working with. From day one, if I had any question or concern it was swiftly answered or the discrepancy was resolved. The reporting process was explained to me in-depth and was an easy process to learn. Some of the other aspects took a little bit longer to grasp than I had hoped, but I always had a mentor to answer questions and get me back on the right track. Problem solving is the main part of this job and your team is always there to help find a solution if you've run out of options. In the past, I have seen some very toxic work environments, but the community at UST is probably one of the fostering for professional development, career progressing, and also enabling of personal growth.

Pros

Friendly work environment, team mates very good at communicating, work schedule is fixed each week

Cons

can be stressful in the beginning, it can be a lot to pick up in a short amount of time

January 10, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback about working with UST! We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the job and the people around you. It's great to hear that your team empowers you and you feel supported. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

remote work allowes for flexibility to help my my kids and maintain a good work/family balance

hardest part of the job is dealing with contractors and sometimes the client we deal with can be difficult. We enjoy the ability to work from home which allows me to balance work and life

Pros

set own hours

Cons

benefits costly for a family

December 7, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with UST! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the work life balance. If you would like to provide us more details outlining your experience with contractors or clients, we would be happy to address any questions or concerns you have. You can reach us at WeCare@uste3.com. Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback.

Terrible place to work

the whole process at UST is terrible. too much work not well compensated. they deduct from your pay every week and when you try to reach out to someone about it no one can help you. dont sign a cotract with them you will regret it.

Pros

the trucks have AC

Cons

too much work not enough pay

August 16, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate Independent Contractors for the work they do and expect the best from them. We are saddened that your time with UST was not a good fit. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your new endeavors.

No leadership, lack of team player attitude, resistance with required training

I was hired for a position that i never received training or was given the opportunity to do that job. Was constantly told by my supervisor on a daily basis, that he didnt have time to train me or give me a complete description of my job duties or what was required of me. I was then put in a fill in position to answer the telephone and help with customer inquiries but was also limited on training in that position because the person that was responsible for training me stated that " she had to learn on her own and she wasnt training anyone." Despite my concerns and disappointment with the lack of being a team player atmosphere and proper training, i asked questions, took notes and read everything i possibly could to familiarize myself with with that role to do it adequately until i could get trained for the position i was originally hired for. I was met with resistance from that co-worker on a daily basis. I expressed my concerns with upper management when asked and was told to be patient. I did as told for 7 months and still to no avail there was no relief from my co-workers antics. It made it totally impossible to stay employed with that company.

Pros

None it was a daily battle to even go into work

Cons

Unsupportive management, lack of training, lack of team player atmosphere, lack of support and understanding from fellow co-workers

August 10, 2021
Thank you for your sharing your experience from working with UST. We are disappointed to hear about your concerns. At UST, our core values guide us in every step of our business. All staff and management are encouraged to have authentic engagement with one another and are empowered to learn and grow personally and professionally. We respect your concerns and opinions, and if these have yet to be addressed or explained, please reach out to us at WeCare@uste3.com. Thank you again and we wish you the best in the future.

Less than minimum wage

As a location manager after you total the hours worked you will make less than minimum wage. There is no support from management. When a contractors deductions or pay are not correct, Wich is frequently, there is no support for something you can't control. All you will hear from management is metrics and meetings you will not have time for.

Pros

Quitting

Cons

All of it

August 2, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate team members for the work they do and we are saddened to hear about your experience. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, please reach out at WeCare@uste3.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Alot

Nope. Nope. Nope. Don't Do It. If you want to spend time with your family, and not feel guilted for taking vacation time, this is not for you. Pay is not enough.

July 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened to hear about your concerns with UST. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback.

Straight trash from the underground

This place is not good at all. Get away from it whenever u can. Managment lyes to the IC's in their faces. they do not pay what was agreed. They have incapable people in the offices. NO WONDER Y THIS PLACE IS SO TRASH.

October 4, 2021
Thank you for your feedback regarding your tenure with us. We are disappointed to hear about your concerns. One of our core values is Integrity, and we stand by it firmly. If these concerns have yet to be addressed or explained, please reach out to us at Wecare@ustselect.com. We appreciate your feedback.

Steer Clear. Major Disappointment.

Toxic environment. Corruption everywhere you look. If you have the delusion that the mission statement is an accurate representation of how this company conducts business, you would be sadly mistaken. Integrity is only shown when there is no other choice (all eyes on them). It's all about the image. Pull back the screen and you'll find blatant racism, hypocrisy, poorly concealed lies, embezzling, all forms of abusive behavior, no concern for the individual. Worst leaders I have ever encountered. They aren't even decent human beings. I wouldn't leave my dog with these people let alone allow them to lead a group of managers. Contractors are mistreated. Turnover rate is higher than I've seen at any company. You could easily be working from 4am to 11pm multiple days out of the week. Working there literally made me sick to my stomach. I left without having another job to walk into, simply to regain my sanity. There are worse things than being unemployed.

Pros

Paycheck comes on time

Cons

Poor leadership, no work/life balance

September 17, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We take these concerns very seriously and have passed this on to our leadership team. In the meantime, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department so that we can discuss your issues further. Please reach out to WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will be happy to talk with you. Thank you again for the feedback and we wish you the best moving forward.

Good starter job

This company is an ok starter job for anyone looking to get in to Logistics and warehousing type of work. I would not recommend staying long term as upper management are not very supportive of the people on the ground. The VP of Ops is cutting my team from 10 to less than 3 people in order to save cost. One of my team members just lost their mother only a few days ago and will not lose their job as well because the VP doesnt like how much money they make per hour.

June 14, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with UST. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best.

Needs more TEAM

Needs more TEAM. The store & warehouse staff blame the teams and the teams blame them. Needs more working together than against each other. Hold the teams and staff accountable.

Pros

Felxabilty

July 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with UST. We are saddened to hear that your experience isn't more positive. If you would like to provide us more details, we would be happy to address any questions or concerns you have. You can reach us at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will be happy to assist you. Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback.

Nun

It isn’t worth the hassle of coming into work. Long hours inconsistent pay no benefits contractors and managers don’t do anything to help you. This ain’t it

April 28, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience with us. We appreciate each and every one of our team members and Independent Contractors for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that your time with UST was not a good fit for you, for UST, or for the client. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out to us at WeCare@uste3.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your new endeavors.

You get out if it what you put into it.

I have seen UST a 1 star company in the past. I feel the company has gone a long way towards creating an environment where people feel respected and engaged. Much has been invested to ensure that all coworkers have a voice and the company encourages feedback, both positive and negative. The days can be long, but if coworkers use their time efficiently and leverage their support systems a work-life balance is achievable. Clients and contractors can be tough and one does require a degree of "thick skin" to be successful. Travel for regionals can be extensive at times.

Pros

great compensation package

Cons

Travel can be extensive

March 5, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only our clients but also to our employees. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel they are prepared, supported, and valued. Thank you again for your review.

Zero work-life balance

Just because you work for a bunch of no-life workaholics does not mean one should be under constant pressure and on-call 24/7. The pressure is ridiculous and the Sr Management is useless and instead of helping they put up roadblocks

January 29, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience with us. While we all have to work hard, UST strives to provide a work/life balance for all employees and places tremendous value on our employee’s well-being. If you would like to provide us with more details concerning your specific situation, we’d be more than happy to address any concerns you have. Please reach out to us at wecare@uste3.com and a team member will promptly assist you. Thank you again for your feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UST Logistical Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UST Logistical Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?