UST Select

UST Select Employee Reviews

Basic delivery gig

It’s a company with a contract thru Amazon so with that being said the same rules apply along with whatever other rules the company itself wants to add on top of it, turnover rate is high and management sucks, they expect you to perform like a robot. The routes are very long maybe 3-4hrs to first one and a hour or more to 2nd and 3rd, raises are once a year for little to nothing as to why I left and went with a job similar with better raises and advancement. Overall if you just need a job until you find what your looking for then go for it if you can handle overnight driving and super long routes for little pay for those routes…

May 24, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that your time with Select was not a good fit and are concerned to hear about some of the issues you listed. If you would like to provide us with more details, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at Wecare@ustselect.com. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best.

not a god envirnment.

honestly when i worked here i can say most of the people you work with are cool. but most of it your picking up others slack and people call out constantly. no one is held accountable and the scheduling sucks. no one doesnt have sense of urgency or work ethics.

Great job

It was nice not much hours but job could be better alot of favoritism but as long as you go in and do your job you will do fine make the most of the opportunity and continue to strive sn

June 21, 2022
Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review of UST Select. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant experience with us and took advantage of the opportunities we provided. Thank you again for this feedback.

Competitive pay, incompetent management

To run a successful logistics company in a flatbed division a company must have management that has knowledge of the position they're leading. Unfortunately for UST Select it doesn't have a clue. While the pay is competitive, so is the job market; and because of that I believe this young company will struggle to maintain CDL drivers unless some sort of comprehension of leadership forms very soon. I've worked here for 90 days as a driver and more than half of the on boarding promises have not been kept. In fact I've been ridiculed for bringing up this fact. We were told that the schedule would be 2 weeks in advance. That's a lie. Our schedule is posted at maximum of 5 days and 100% of the time was revised and a day you thought you were off shows you scheduled, sometimes less than 36 hours notice. The schedule is emailed to your personal email and although it seems far fetched... the same dates of scheduling will be sent as minor revisions are made so no one can plan anything in their personal lives, mostly these revisions of the same dates happens 2 or even 3 times. Wow! Another promise that was made was a 4 day work week, 10 hours a day. That's a lie. Most people are working 5 days while some are even working 6 days. Again, there's no work/life balance. For new drivers training is almost nonexistent as they'll throw you with someone who's only been doing the job less than 30 days and somehow expect them to train newcomers. Another promise was the location you'll be working out of would rarely/never change. That's a lie. Most people are floating through different locations/stores -

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, incompetence

June 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing your concerns. One of the ways our company strives to improve is to listen and learn from our team members. We have sent your feedback to our senior leadership to review and address in the field. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any additional concerns you may have. Please reach out at wecare@ustselect.com.

Terrible communication/not flexible

I do not recommend working here unless you have nothing else going on in your life. This job is 100% not flexible to your needs whatsoever. They are terrible with communication and will watch you fall. PTO accumulates very slow, and you get points for every call out and if you are late. If you are trying to be a driver here, please make sure UST can reach your previous employers. If they can’t they will deny your application as a driver and offer you a helper position.

June 1, 2022
We are disappointed to hear about the concerns you listed. We appreciate our team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day and are saddened that your time with UST Select was not a better fit. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at Wecare@ustselect.com. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best.

Great company with plenty of growth

I love working for this company. Great management, great team. Some employees slack off and get mad when they are held accountable. Sometimes it feels like I work with kids.

May 12, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review of UST Select! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working for our company and see a path for growth with us. We value our teams and believe we are better together. Thank you again for the feedback.

Great culture!

Committed to building genuine relationships with employees and their clients, developing employees by being intentional, empowering employees, and respectful.

Pros

Exceptional performance driven culture.

Cons

Not staffing fast enough for anticipated growth.

May 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of UST Select. We are happy to hear that our company's core values are at the forefront of operations in your location. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have any concerns you'd like to bring up with our team. You can contact us at Wecare@ustselect.com. Thank you again for the feedback!

Productive and rewarding with building a strong team enviroment.

The best part of my job is the interaction with our customers and drivers working together to provide the best service possible. Management provides great training and support to its staff.

May 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of UST Select. We are thrilled to know that you feel supported by management and enjoy interpersonal contact with customers! We are committed to our people and value your experiences with us. Thank you again for the feedback.

Very flexible and great enviroMent!

Great opportunities for Advancement.You can Learn alot as a teamember of Ust select..Understanding what is required are key elements ,Ust have several locations and positions.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Scheduling errors

April 26, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of UST Select. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy growing alongside our company. We value our people and know we're all better together. Thank you again for the feedback!

Terrible company stay away

I have been driving trucks for 16 plus years and this is the most unorganized company ever! They are a third party and took over putting many drivers out of jobs. Most of the drivers was military veterans. First of all they lie to you. They hype the job up and make promises to you that in fact are false. I was promised to stay in the store I was at with the previous company and was later assigned to another store. Then they said it would be a four 10hr day work schedule. After getting hired they changed it to a five day 12 hour or more assignment. Never getting more than 1 day off in a row. You will work most Saturdays and as much as they want to drag you! Stay a way unless you don’t want to see your family. They are severely understaffed and will milk every ounce out of you. Drivers are fatigued mentally physically and the company only cares about themselves. Better jobs are elsewhere!

April 5, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We are sad to hear your concerns about your time working with UST Select. We work hard to make sure our employees know how appreciated they are. If you would like to speak with our team more about the concerns you stated above, please reach out to us at wecare@ustselect.com and a team member will be happy to talk more. Thank you again for leaving this feedback.

The worst company I have ever worked for!

You do not want to work for this company, they do not value their employees at all. Management is not there to help you they are there to find ways to fire you. HR does not work for employees but works specifically for management and the company they do not care about the employees. There is no employee appreciation and management plays a-lot of favoritism. I will never recommend this job to anyone!

April 5, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback about UST Select. We are disappointed to hear that you felt underappreciated while working for our company. Our team is happy to talk through any issues or concerns you have. Please feel free to reach out at wecare@ustselect.com to let us know more. Thank you for letting us know how to be better.

Encouraging and positive work environment.

Have had a pleasent experience with no judgement and full support. This company values hard work ethic over anything else. I would love love to work in a professional appropriate environment

Pros

Coaching and development

March 29, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your role with UST Select and that you appreciate the company's values of hard work. We appreciate our people and believe each and every one of our team members drives us towards success. Thank you again for leaving this feedback.

Terrible place to work!

Management was garbage! They doc you for a lunch you never get to take! The work hours (if you know what you're doing) can be anywhere from 8-15 hrs!!

Pros

Cons

You skip lunch and they still doc you 30 min for it.

March 29, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that your experience with Select hasn't been better. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at wecare@ustselect.com and a team member will assist you promptly. Thank you again for your feedback.

Not worth the stress

All I’m going to say is this has to be a ghost(shell) company for something bigger then what it appears. The turnover /call off rate is unbelievable. They don’t pay you the full 10 hours that Amazon pays them for your time working. No promotion for helpers because per HR because ,they are horrible with truck maintenance and their insurance premium is to high. Management shows favoritism to yt employees as far as route placement and who they want/don’t want to work with. It’s just a horrible experience for anybody who expects their workplace to be fair and show appreciation to their workers during these times where no one wants to work

Pros

Cons

Where do I start

March 15, 2022
Thank you for your feedback regarding your tenure with us. We are disappointed to hear about your concerns. One of our core values is integrity, and we stand by it firmly. We also carefully consider who we place in management roles and are saddened to hear that you were unhappy with your leaders. If you would like to tell us more about your issues, we would be glad to discuss this further. Please reach out at wecare@ustselect.com. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and we wish you the best in the future.

It's a good job

Management is all about the company not employees. People you work with are good and friendly. If you need a consistent schedule don't work here it won't happen

March 11, 2022
Thank you for your feedback regarding UST Select. Our team members are carefully considered before being placed in management roles and we continue to ensure they are managing their teams appropriately. We are sorry to hear about the issues you’ve experienced. If you would like to provide us with more information to help us improve, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at wecare@ustselect.com or to our Human Resources department and a team member will be glad to help.  Thank you again for letting us know how we can be better.

Family Style

The company cares about your personal goals as much as your work goals. Made me feel part of the UST Select Family right away. The support I get from my leaders is beyond exceptional. I couldn't ask for a better work-family.

March 8, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback with us! We are glad to hear that you feel appreciated and part of the UST Select family. We appreciate our people and feel grateful to work alongside such incredible men and women. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

Great Place to Work

When starting at UST, it was as clear cut and straightforward as expected. This particular hub rocks. Management is understanding and very helpful. They care about your life, not just the work. Job is extremely simple and easy. Start times are reasonable for this line of work. Show up, do your job in a safe and efficient way, come home and live your life. I love working at UST, and if ever needed to transfer jobs, UST is spread all throughout the country. Great place to work and highly recommend.

March 1, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working for UST Select. We believe our success is a result of our people and we strive to provide excellent benefits and opportunities to all our employees because of that. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

Poor Management,

Market Manager does not know how to manage drivers. Schedule changes daily and you are not told until first thing in the morning that you have to drive your own car 1 hour away. Highest paid always gets overtime while underpaid does same job and finishes within 5 hours or less. Only certain drivers stay at one store. Overall poor management from top down. The hardest workers are the only ones getting shafted. No accountability of drivers and equipment. Market manager doesn't know the area of the market therefor miss manages drivers costing hours and fuel to the company. Market manager doesn't visit drivers at the stores to see what issues are going on. Overall, they need an experienced manager who understands customer service and driver management.

Pros

true up 40 hours

Cons

hard workers get shafted due to slacking workers.

February 22, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Our team members are carefully considered before being placed in management roles and we continue to ensure they are managing their teams appropriately. We are sorry to hear about the issues you’ve experienced. If you would like to provide us with more information to help us improve, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at Wecare@ustselect.com.  Thank you again for letting us know how we can be better.

Good way to learn the business

Great experience as far as the actual work as a company not too pleased very small raise after a year of employement they praise your work ethic but dont compensate

February 15, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve, and your valuable feedback will help better us. If you would like to provide us with more details, we would be happy to address any questions or concerns you have. You can reach us at Wecare@ustselect.com. Thank you again for taking time to leave a review.

Didn't Stay Long!

Just not a job for everyone, Its a 1am start time and you deal with all of the bull of amazon.It takes almost a month to be hired and still when you start there is no uniforms available for you.The managers are not professional at all.By 2 weeks in I knew that it wasn't the place for me.Have something else lined up if you want to give this job a try!

Pros

Nothing at all!

Cons

Management & No Uniforms

February 15, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We appreciate team members for the work they do and expect the best from them every day. We are saddened that your time with UST Select was not a good fit. If you would like to provide us with more details outlining your concerns, we would be more than happy to address any questions you may have. Please reach out at wecare@ustselect.com. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best moving forward.

Good company to work for if your a grown adult who understands how large company's operate. HR always responds and they have a way to connect you with who you need. Job itself is so easy my 13 year old could do it. Ask alot of questions and you'll have a good experience

February 11, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback about UST Select! Your experience is valuable and anything you express will be used by us to improve. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with UST Select. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UST Select. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UST Select