Volkswagen

Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Singapore6 reviews
Highly stable company to join but don't expect to grow your career fast here. Opportunities are relatively limited and you have to stay long before there is chance to climb up.
At 17, I was a trainee at Volkswagen PTE LTD. Without any experience and knowledge about fixing cars, I faced insurmountable challenges on a daily basis. With clients came to the workshop with a problem. Some are easy fixes. Often, though they were complex and difficult.
By continuing to face with tough problems each day throughout my traineeship in this company, I have developed confidence in my ability to learned and understand how every part of the machine fits together. I took pride in my ability to solve and troubleshoot problems independently.
My job was Importer support, training and project management to develop and implement Group strategies focusing on improvement of customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Well structured organized & dynamic
- Successful group with quality products

- Leading Automaker in the world

- Professional management & staff

- Process orientated

- Friendly atmosphere
Learnt how to manage angry customers. HOD is most supportive of our work and suggestions.
Handling angry customers is the most hardest part of my current job while the most enjoyable part is to hear/receive compliments from customers.
Pros
Variable bonus, lifestyle events
Cons
Less manpower for operation team
A typical day at Volkswagen starts with the management review of sales numbers and on-going projects.

At Volkswagen I learned to work under tremendous pressure to achieve very high targets. Adapting to changing market conditions.

International management team at Volkswagen taught me to work with people from different countries.

Co-workers were hard working and fun loving at the same time.

The hardest part of the job was the Singapore Automotive regulations, that made selling cars very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing of culture, food, festivals and life experiences with people from different countries.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not a very healthy work life balance